When does Disney cancel abd trips? 88 days out

davg598

Earning My Ears
We just paid in full for our abd trip to Disneyland and Hollywood. We are supposed to go in October. I still have a feeling that this trip is going to get canceled, but Disney has not done in yet.

all the trips for October say waitlist for this adventure. I am not sure if they did this because they are planning to cancel or because it is sold out.

any idea when Disney would cancel the trip if they are going to cancel?

Cancellation timing has varied - some like the first couple of NZ adventures cancelled at approx 130 days out. Others have not DS cancelled until just before PIF date, which is currently 65 days out for most 2021 adventures. Others have not cancelled until after the PIF date. It’s really impossible to try to guess.

This AbD includes time in the studios and Imagineering. Disney has just started their phased approach to employees returning to work in offices at those locations. They may want to see how that goes and how/whether they could adjust the tours to any necessary modifications, ie number of people in each locarion at a time.

For the Disneyland resort portions, those parks are still not yet fully reopened and different things continue to be added back every 2-3 weeks. So they’ll have to evaluate those aspects of the tour as well.

What exactly has been cancelled? We are booked on Disneyland & Southern California in November. Has all of 2021 been cancelled?

I'm on the 10/24 Backstage Magic and haven't heard anything yet. I did see earlier this weekend that all the BSM and shorter trips in Oct, Nov, and Dec have been waitlisted which seemed like a red flag to me. I know, as of earlier this month, there were 27 signed up for my Adventure so it's not that there is little interest so I thought maybe it IS actually full. But now that the Nov/Dec have been waitlisted I have a bad feeling. :oops:

I'm on the 10/24 Backstage Magic and haven't heard anything yet. I did see earlier this weekend that all the BSM and shorter trips in Oct, Nov, and Dec have been waitlisted which seemed like a red flag to me. I know, as of earlier this month, there were 27 signed up for my Adventure so it's not that there is little interest so I thought maybe it IS actually full. But now that the Nov/Dec have been waitlisted I have a bad feeling. :oops:
Maybe I should try to move my October Rhine cruise to one of the early October Backstage Magic's and see what they say :)

I did call ABD and they said they didn't know of any changes to any of the CA trips. But I know that doesn't mean much. lol My PIF is a month from today so I am hoping they don't drag this out until then.

I do wonder what the fate of these trips will be given Disney's plans to move most(?) of their Imagineering team to Florida. Disney will likely find something to replace it but the visit to Imagineering is one of the big draws for me, as I imagine it is for many others.
I wonder if they'll try another WDW-based trip again since there will be more to include in it once everything moves down there

I feel really bad for anyone who doesn't want to move to Florida.

Sayhello

Last edited:
I was told that our Disneyland October escape was canceled due to not everything opening back up yet. Seems a little early to make that decision though. I was just worried Disneyland was closing again. 😳

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter