When do you start baking Christmas Cookies

November 30th. For ten years, I've baked cookies for our workplaces each workday in December. My normal "list" has about 16 cookies on it and I typically try two new recipes each year. If the "cookie of the day" has allergens, I bake a batch of a new recipe as an alternative. I enjoy it and I love how our coworkers get so excited to find out what the cookie is each day. I've never tracked the number of cookies I've baked, but I'm trying to this year just for curiousity's sake. I'm currently at 38 dozen (but that includes 3 dozen going in the mail tomorrow). I'm also experimenting with doing a gluten-free version of each cookie for a coworker also. Levels up the challenge!
You are crazy but in the very best and merriest of ways! That's amazing that you do that. I'm so impressed.

November 30th. For ten years, I've baked cookies for our workplaces each workday in December. My normal "list" has about 16 cookies on it and I typically try two new recipes each year. If the "cookie of the day" has allergens, I bake a batch of a new recipe as an alternative. I enjoy it and I love how our coworkers get so excited to find out what the cookie is each day. I've never tracked the number of cookies I've baked, but I'm trying to this year just for curiousity's sake. I'm currently at 38 dozen (but that includes 3 dozen going in the mail tomorrow). I'm also experimenting with doing a gluten-free version of each cookie for a coworker. Levels up the challenge!
I'm retired now with joint problems but for many, many years I baked a really lot (I called it my Stress Buster) but especially a huge amount of different Christmas cookies for the office.

It was such a pleasure to be appreciated to that extent. The family loved all the cookies but the office people put me on a pedestal as most didn't bake or their wives didn't bake. Fond memories for sure.

• Love
Reactions: CGB
And she lives to tell the story. Amazing. She’s a better person than I. I don’t like my friends that much.
There are about 200 employees at each employer so if everyone had one cookie at the four places that would be 800 cookies.
She does make a special batch of the candied cinnamon walnuts for a co-worker who is diabetic. She uses Splenda for that batch. She ordered 10 pounds of walnuts from nuts.com.

There are about 200 employees at each employer so if everyone had one cookie at the four places that would be 800 cookies.
She does make a special batch of the candied cinnamon walnuts for a co-worker who is diabetic. She uses Splenda for that batch. She ordered 10 pounds of walnuts from nuts.com.
Your family is extremely generous. The butter, chocolate, nuts alone is a lot. I don’t even want to think what you spend all together.

On the other hand , your house must smell wonderful for days .

I plan on baking cookies and then bringing them to the people on my Christmas list. When do you start baking? I was thinking the 15th but not sure if I shouldn't start earlier and just deliver earlier.
This week. I have a cookie exchange on Saturday.

I always laugh at our office where the FIRST people to look for holiday cookies (and expect others to bring them) are also the LAST ones to ever bring/bake something themselves. Just seems so self-absorbed/entitled way of approaching this.

I no longer bake Christmas cookies but when I did it was usually right at the beginning of December.

I bake 5 different types, but I make 3 batches of chocolate chip, everyones favorite. I bake the week leading to Christmas.
I will be making cutout butter cookies with my 7 year old GD on the 16th. She excited to decorate them.
Years ago we had church friends over to do cut out cookies. I rolled out all the dough and layer on sheets of parchment paper. Stashed in the fridge. That way the kids had the fun of cutting out and not over handled the dough.

I’ve also bought plain sugar cookies at aldis and let the kids decorate. My crazy grandkids love to decorate , but not so much eating them.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter