When can I book Thanksgiving Dinner reservation?

It would be nice if they posted all of the prices (if they are more than normal). If Storytellers is 49.00 for adults, that means that the Fantasmic-to-Go Package would be cheaper and you get the reserved seating in addition to the meal. Unless the price is higher on Thanksgiving for that too?
Keep in mind that there are trade offs for each option. Storytellers is a buffet, so for $49, you'll get much more food than you would with the HB F! meal. You'll also get characters (assuming the buffet is done like it was last year). And you'll get to eat in a restaurant dining room. With the HB F! package, you'll get a smaller meal, but you do get great viewing for a great show. (NB The "seating" in the reserved viewing area is on the ground.) I don't think the price for the HB package would be higher on Thanksgiving because I don't think the menu changes for the holiday. So if you want traditional Thanksgiving fare, all you can eat, characters, and a more "formal" atmosphere, do Storytellers. But if you want a more casual, lighter meal with a fun show, do the HB F! package.

Keep in mind that there are trade offs for each option. Storytellers is a buffet, so for $49, you'll get much more food than you would with the HB F! meal. You'll also get characters (assuming the buffet is done like it was last year). And you'll get to eat in a restaurant dining room. With the HB F! package, you'll get a smaller meal, but you do get great viewing for a great show. (NB The "seating" in the reserved viewing area is on the ground.) I don't think the price for the HB package would be higher on Thanksgiving because I don't think the menu changes for the holiday. So if you want traditional Thanksgiving fare, all you can eat, characters, and a more "formal" atmosphere, do Storytellers. But if you want a more casual, lighter meal with a fun show, do the HB F! package.

It did look like Thanksgiving fare was an option to substitute as entree & side choices for the HB Package on Thanksgiving Day only (which is why I wondered if the price would change). I saw it listed somewhere in the frenzy of trying to book something yesterday before everything was full, but can't find it anymore. We have Storyteller's booked for now, but the HP Package more is intriguing/compelling that I thought it would be for some reason. I keep thinking that the time it will take to go to Storyteller's vs quick service or the HP package is time wasted that could be spend in the park when everyone else is having their Thanksgiving Meals.

Last edited:
I booked Cafe Orleans since we are not really big buffet eaters. Unless I missed it, no one has really mentioned this option. Any feedback or tips?

I read they will have a Thanksgiving meal with turkey, stuffing, etc. but there's no mention of a prix fixe meal. Does anyone have any idea?

I booked Cafe Orleans since we are not really big buffet eaters. Unless I missed it, no one has really mentioned this option. Any feedback or tips?

I read they will have a Thanksgiving meal with turkey, stuffing, etc. but there's no mention of a prix fixe meal. Does anyone have any idea?
This was the meal last year:
  • Café Orleans: Slow-roasted turkey breast with cornbread and giblet stuffing, red skin mashed potatoes, veggies, home-style gravy and cranberry relish.

I booked Cafe Orleans first as soon as reservations opened for Thanksgiving Day and then was able to book Storytellers too so we had options to choose from. I was considering the Hungry Bear Fantasmic Package too, but I think we are still leaning towards Cafe Orleans after all (it’s family tradition to go there every trip anyway, why not for Thanksgiving Dinner)

When I checked Cafe Orleans menu today, this was the only thing on it for TG (lunch and dinner):
Thanksgiving Monte Cristo Sandwich
Turkey and Cheese Monte Cristo Sandwich served with Cranberry Sauce and Home-style Gravy

Kid's Turkey Monte Cristo

Pumpkin Pie

I was rather surprised at that given last year's menu.

Have the online glitches cleared up? Has everyone been able to make their Thanksgiving Day reservations? Someone told me that she was on hold with the Dine Line today for almost an hour!

When I checked Cafe Orleans menu today, this was the only thing on it for TG (lunch and dinner):
Thanksgiving Monte Cristo Sandwich
Turkey and Cheese Monte Cristo Sandwich served with Cranberry Sauce and Home-style Gravy

Kid's Turkey Monte Cristo

Pumpkin Pie

I was rather surprised at that given last year's menu.

My kids probably would have wanted to split a Monte Cristo (reluctantly) anyways. Having a Kid's version means they can get their own. The description on the regular one says "Sliced Turkey" so I wonder if this one will actually be carved turkey or its just an omission on how they described it and it will still be sliced?

I booked Cafe Orleans first as soon as reservations opened for Thanksgiving Day and then was able to book Storytellers too so we had options to choose from. I was considering the Hungry Bear Fantasmic Package too, but I think we are still leaning towards Cafe Orleans after all (it’s family tradition to go there every trip anyway, why not for Thanksgiving Dinner)

So if you go every year, that means it's good? What do you usually get? Is it a prix fixe multi course meal?

So if you go every year, that means it's good? What do you usually get? Is it a prix fixe multi course meal?
Never been there on Thanksgiving, so this will be a first. We enjoy the regular menu enough to make it a part of all of our previous trips, so it seemed like a safe choice no matter what they end up offering. The website only showed a Turkey Monte Cristo and a kids portion one without a price last time I checked.
It’s been 3 years since our last trip (I wish we could afford to go every year), but it does look like the regular menu is the same as it was then.

Last edited:
Just wanted to update anyone who still might be looking for Thanksgiving dinner reservations.

Our Thanksgiving plans just changed, so on a whim I looked into the Disneyland Hotel Thanksgiving buffet and was surprised to see there are still available times at both the first and second seating.

I went ahead and booked the early seating. Yikes, it’s not cheap! But I’m excited to go based on all the positive reviews. Special shoutout to @Malcon10t for for the photos and reviews… your posts are what put the idea in my head in the first place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter