When can I book Thanksgiving Dinner reservation?

southlake

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I know dining ressies are 60 days out. I'd like to book Thanksgiving dinner on Nov. 28.

Even though today is 9/27, the Disney website is only letting me book reservations thru 11/26.

What time can I book for 11/28? Midnight tomorrow night on 11/27? Or 9am? What time do they release the next day's dates?

TIA.

Eh. It varies. Some years you can book the first Saturday after the 60 day window opens. Last year I think it was the Sunday. One year it was the Tuesday. Since you made me curious I called the Disney dine line. They said Thanksgiving dining bookings begin October 2. Sigh.

Eh. It varies. Some years you can book the first Saturday after the 60 day window opens. Last year I think it was the Sunday. One year it was the Tuesday. Since you made me curious I called the Disney dine line. They said Thanksgiving dining bookings begin October 2. Sigh.

Ah, thank you for calling!

Last year they didn't release til 2 days later, and it opened at 6am if I remember right. In 2016, it was also 2 days late and I believe it opened at 7am. (From my FB history...)

Can I make a reservation for 6 people and if 1-2 people cant make it, would that be ok? Or will there be a charge for no shows?

Can I make a reservation for 6 people and if 1-2 people cant make it, would that be ok? Or will there be a charge for no shows?
Depends on where you are reserving. Example, the Thanksgiving Feast at the DLH is prepaid, and you need to cancel 5 days in advance to get a refund.

I'm not going for Thanksgiving, but curious as to whether or not there is any benefit to making a request through Vacation Planning if you're staying on site?

ETA: I'm wondering because I've always gotten my requests for hard to get bookings when I've used VP.

Now that the DLH buffet requires full payment at the time of booking, reservations aren't as hard to get, especially if you are flexible about times and don't have any unusual requirements, e.g. large group at a peak time. We've been able to get our reservations fairly easily the past two years. It was much harder before that. I still have fond (well, sort of) memories of our all night vigils here on the DIS the night that the books opened for Thanksgiving!

Does anyone know what the typical costs are for each place?
Storytellers, Goofy's, and Paradise Pier are about $75 and kids are about $25.
The Disneyland Hotel Feast is about $150 (inc tax and tip last year) for adults and $45 for 3-9.

Found this while hunting around from a previous year:

• Carnation Café: Slow-roasted turkey with turkey-bourbon gravy, mashed sweet potatoes, apple-cranberry stuffing, cranberry-orange relish, veggies and a dinner roll.
  • Plaza Inn: Slow-roasted turkey with traditional turkey gravy and sage dressing, mashed potatoes, veggies and a dinner roll.
  • River Belle Terrace “Fantasmic!” Dinner: Slow-roasted turkey breast with stuffing, roasted garlic-thyme mashed potatoes, home-style gravy, veggies, cornbread and cranberry relish.
  • French Market Restaurant: Slow-roasted turkey breast with andouille sausage stuffing, Market potatoes, home-style gravy, veggies, artisan bread and cranberry relish. Also pumpkin pie.
  • Blue Bayou Restaurant: Slow-roasted turkey roulade with focaccia stuffing, roasted garlic, Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, Cognac turkey gravy and cranberry relish.
  • Harbour Galley: Turkey tortilla soup simmered with roasted corn and black beans.
  • Café Orleans: Slow-roasted turkey breast with cornbread and giblet stuffing, red skin mashed potatoes, veggies, home-style gravy and cranberry relish.

We paid $46 plus tax and tip per adult last year at Storyteller's. I don't know kid pricing. I believe Paradise Pier was similar pricing. Goofy's is usually more expensive.
That’s good to know! Thanks!
I have tried to find something about pricing and actually any information about thanksgiving dinners besides the one at DLH, but wasn’t successful...

How did you like it at Storyteller’s? That’s one I take into consideration (besides goofy‘s). I heard that last year there were also characters?

(I would like to have a character dining experience at thanksgiving that’s not as expensive as the DLH one)

That’s good to know! Thanks!
I have tried to find something about pricing and actually any information about thanksgiving dinners besides the one at DLH, but wasn’t successful...

How did you like it at Storyteller’s? That’s one I take into consideration (besides goofy‘s). I heard that last year there were also characters?

(I would like to have a character dining experience at thanksgiving that’s not as expensive as the DLH one)

We have done Storyteller's every year since 2008. To be honest, we don't feel the food is as good or varied as it used to be, and the price, of course, has gone up a lot. Some years they are very organized and we are seated in a timely manner; some years it is overbooked and chaotic. The dining experience has always been nice though, and with a few exceptions over the years, the service has been great. The desserts are always delicious and the other foods are usually well-prepared and suitable for the holiday. The experience overall feels festive. I was actually disappointed when they added characters to the meal since my kids are grown and while we still enjoy seeing characters out and about, having them at a meal was to my perspective just a steeper cost increase to an experience we had been doing for years. We all make sure to say hi to the characters though and get a few cute photos, and they seem to be enjoyed in general by the families in attendance. Storyteller's has been a Thanksgiving tradition for us, so I suppose we will continue to go.

Thanksgiving at the DLH will go on sale tomorrow. Prices have jumped dramatically, and will be $180 for adults and $70 for 3-9 before tax and tip, prepaid.

I am so glad the DLH meal was not on my list of potential options. I thought it was overpriced just looking at previous years pricing.

That is ridiculous amount of money. It would cost nearly $800 to eat Thanksgiving dinner there for my family. I am interested in Storytellers. I'll probably book there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter