Whats's in your DVC Locker?

I guess I am a bit confused :confused3

So this locker is basically stuff that is yours and you can add to it continually and you can get it to room or does the company "refill" this box based on items that you select from? Is it advantageous to pay for that or just bring it in your luggage?

So this locker is basically stuff that is yours and you can add to it continually and you can get it to room or does the company "refill" this box based on items that you select from? Is it advantageous to pay for that or just bring it in your luggage?

It is all your own stuff but it allows you to have things without having to bring every time, Since I will be going so often know, I won’t have to worry about bringing these every trip which means I can just do carry on!

For example, to start, I will be keeping my round brush hair dryer, straightener, all my medical supplies, personal care products, coffee, coffee filters, my Tervis tumbler, rain ponchos, umbrella, pool bag and sandals, work out clothes and sneakers, dryer sheets, straws, duct tape, baggies, Clorox wipes, hand sanitizer, aloe, sunscreen, etc.

I will also be able to keep any extra bottles of alcohol we don’t finish and will have the next time. In March, it was tough dumping 1/2 bottle of Tito’s!

It’s yours, stuff you don’t want to haul back and forth. Some people have small appliances in theirs, e.g. Keurigs; Disney regalia they don’t wear at home, e.g. ears; OTC meds and first aid kits. As I said above, we keep a shower caddy and full-size toiletries in ours as well as rain gear, so we don’t have to pack it.

It is 6 months free and then you pay the regular plan for the next 6 but you get unlimited delivers for the first year!!

I can’t remember how I found it. But I may have just googled DVC owners locker and it brought up the link that led to the DVC site
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/special/owners-locker/
Thanks Sandisw - I found it! I was already planning to join up as it was but a offer like that makes it even better! Thanks again!!!

Power strips
USB charging converters
Phone (and other electronic) charging cords
Backpack
First AId
Britta pitcher and filters
Coffee Filters
Wet cooling neck towels
Detergent
Flashlights and batteries
Paper towels
Bathing Suits
Pool shoes
Shaving razor and cartridges
Saran Wrap
Aluminum foil
Gallon ziplocs
Quart ziplocs
Paper towels
Scissors
Sewing kit
Swiss Army Knife
Tape (scotch and gaffer)
Tea
Assorted hygiene products

To me the key is realizing that the locker not only allows you to avoid carrying a whole lot of items back and forth, but also allows you to have access to a lot of items we would probably live without but for the locker (eg the Britta stuff).

Pro Tip: For your second trip with the locker, make sure to bring something with you that can cut open the plastic zip ties used to secure the lid. This isn't an issue on your first trip because the box is delivered to you empty and unsecured. Many DVC rooms have knives or wine openers with cutters that will work, but that's not always the case. The Swiss Army knife or any other tools inside inside your box doesn't help. And you generally cannot bring knives on carry on luggage, so it can be a bit of a puzzler, as many people try to avoid checking bags and even if you do have them and ride the WDW bus sometimes your checked luggage doesn't arrive until hours later and you want your stuff right now!. Yes, I did not anticipate this issue for our second trip with a box, but I managed to get it open with a wine opener. I probably would have had to ask bell services to come rescue me if that didn't work. Now I make sure to bring a pair of large sturdy nail clippers which are allowed in carry-ons (as long as they don't have an attached file that could look or act like a knife), and those do the trick.
They just twist and snap

We got ours in November, have used it twice and have two more trips scheduled before our first year is up. We like it a lot because they deliver to almost all of the resorts in the Orlando area, not just DVC resorts. Since we are out of DVC points, we are exchanging in via RCI and have stayed at two offsite timeshares with it so far. Staying at non-DVC resorts also affects the items that we keep in there, because not all resorts are equipped the same as the DVC resorts. So we have kitchen knives, a shower caddy and other equipment in there as well as full-size shampoo, body lotion, toothpaste etc. which means that when we are driving I only have to bring enough for nights on the road and not the entire time that we will be in Orlando. We just got back from a timeshare week in Branson, and we certainly did miss some of the items in our Owners Locker!
Even with DVC, I keep a REAL kitchen knife in my locker.

Just ordered #3. We plan to use that one strictly for clothes.
We keep all the stuff mentioned so far plus lucite bathroom organizers, essential oils and a diffuser, a few kitchen items, spices and olive oil from home that would be cost prohibitive to buy for an occasional meal. With the work form home reality, we are planning to add a monitor and keyboard but that's only because we will use it. Glow sticks, necklaces, etc... cheaper than buying on property. Back up MBs. (we switch out after a trip so the batteries stay fresh). An extra folding bag in case we buy stuff and need to bring stuff home (we fly SWA and can take two check ons for free). A hamper for the guest bedroom. Plastic cups and corksicles for the pool area. A rabbit ears style wine opener that I can use. A good kitchen knife. Bathrobe, extra sneakers so I don't have to lug them back and forth (with the rain, you always need more than one pair). Tide pods. Pool goggles for DH. He also keeps a track suit for in between weather. String bag for the parks. And, of course, Tequila.

Don't have one anymore, but when my daughter was younger I put towels and mostly cooking things, (she was a pick eater and I was on a budget) rain jackets, etc. If I had one now, it would be Christmas decorations.

We love our Owner's Locker. We do two trips per year, and having so many of our things already there makes packing and traveling a breeze. For clothing we really only take the minimum amount because of what is in the locker, and we always have a washer/dryer in the villa. No point in schlepping all that stuff back & forth. Customer service is outstanding, highly recommended.

Agreed - we pack Toenail clippers in our carry-on just to clip off the ties.

Hey, that's what I do also!

But I bought my own zipties at the Dollar Store. For some reason, they are easier for me to "tie" than the ones which come with the Owner's Locker. Maybe because they're longer? I don't know. I store them in the locker.

I can't seem to find the discount anymore. I assume no longer valid?

I only do 2 - 3 times a year but honestly the thought of not unpacking the toiletries, ponchos, etc is more than worth it. THANKS!

I only do 2 - 3 times a year but honestly the thought of not unpacking the toiletries, ponchos, etc is more than worth it. THANKS!
Oh yes, it is! When we were packing last week, it was wonderful not to have to pack ponchos, sun visors, and other stuff we keep in the OL. A lot less luggage to unload on the overnight stops on our way here! We checked in yesterday and opened the OL, took out what we think we’ll need this trip, put the top back on and set the OL out of the way but where we can get it when we need other things from it. Traveling to other places where we’ll be in a TS is more aggravating than it used to be, because no OL there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!