• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's your favorite food that is gone from DLR?

Chocolate covered pretzel rods!! Those had the perfect amount of caramel, chocolate and nuts! Yummy. Tigger tails without the sugar coating it. Bring back the orange flavored candy coating instead.

Far and away, it's the meal at Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. Those ribs and chicken were the best! And that cornbread with honey butter....topped off with a giant smore bake. In my mind, there's no way Star Wars Land can live up to the flavors that got cut. You're taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!!!

Aloha,

A Blue Bayou dessert...can't remember the name, it was like a chocolate boat with ice cream inside. Yummy!

Also: The McDonalds french fry cart by Big Thunder RR. They made a perfect snack while walking around the park and they were always cooked to perfection (something that our local McDonalds restaurants can't seem to do consistently).

I'm so glad someone mentioned this! Immediately what I thought of. Those fries were always perfect.

And Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. SO good. The food was like Hoop de Doo at WDW, which we also love.

Aren't there fritters at Royal St Veranda? I think they're like the mac and cheese cone at Cozy Cone. Basically almost always there, but on a sign, so technically seasonal.

Those are New Orleans style beignets (which I love); the fritters from when I was little were spherical, and about the size of a baseball. They had an "eggy" consistency, like a popover...they were so good :)

Those are New Orleans style beignets (which I love); the fritters from when I was little were spherical, and about the size of a baseball. They had an "eggy" consistency, like a popover...they were so good :)
So they have beignets at both Royal St Veranda and Mint Julep Bar now? I hope it at least reduced the line for coffee at Mint Julep.

Far and away, it's the meal at Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. Those ribs and chicken were the best! And that cornbread with honey butter....topped off with a giant smore bake. In my mind, there's no way Star Wars Land can live up to the flavors that got cut. You're taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!!!

We were a "one and done" family for the BBQ so none of us miss it at all. I know a lot of people are sad it is gone but I not one of them.

The turkey dinner at Flo's is the one thing I miss for sure!

They had a club sandwich at the Tomorrowland Terrace I really liked.

Big Thunder BBQ
The Coca-Cola BBQ dinner at Flo's
The gluten free fries at Carnation Cafe. (Yes, I know you can get GF fries elsewhere but I like the CC bacon cheeseburger and a burger without fries is a sacrilege and a blasphemy!)
Casa de Fritos!!!

No, the beignets are at the mint julep bar. They still sell fritters at Royal St Verandah (where they have the gumbo bread bowls). There is always a sign that says "trio of fritters with dipping sauce"

The bbq pulled pork dinner at Flo's along with their turkey dinner. Also, the homemade Almond Rocca they used to make on Main Street in the candy store.

I was able to get a Tigger tail three weeks ago at Pooh Corner. Is this a recent change?
The Tigger Tail now has orange sprinkle sugar with chocolate stripes instead of the orange coating and chocolate stripes. Big difference in taste. We no longer purchase the Tigger Tails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter