What's the deal with Kidani?

I'll never understand why they didn't build AKL/AKV within walking distance of the park. At the very least they should have put in a boat service of some kind. I know the biggest problem was the savannahs, but I think I'd rather have walk up access to AK than a great view. (case in point--BCV) A view of Expedition Everest and the tree of life would be as nice as a view of the savannah IMHO.

I think Kidani is nice if you have a car and an AP so you don't have to pay for parking at the parks.

I totally agree with you, I wish there was a path.. and to be able to see Everest would be such a great view!

@dd08--Who wants to ride a bus all of the time on vacation? It's not necessarily the travel time but the mode of transportation. I prefer to walk, then I guess I'd rank them monorail, boat, then bus. If we stay at SSR or AKV we rent a car and only use the bus when we might have alcohol.

If we go to the parks in the morning, take a pool break in the afternoon, and head back to another park at night, we're on the bus 4 times during the day. I'm not going to apologize for not wanting to spend a couple of hours a day on a bus in Disney.

To the OP--We like Kidani. I love the food choices, and I didn't mind the walk to the main lodge (they should put in a covered path like WLV though). The pool is fun, and the fitness center is great. I would just want a car at that resort.

I think Kidani is nice if you have a car and an AP so you don't have to pay for parking at the parks.

FYI - if you are staying at a Disney resort you get free parking at the parks - no AP required. If you have an AP then you get free parking no matter where you are staying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter