What's on your menu?

i'm having a buffet AND a cocktail hour. for ch, i'm having antipasto and fruit/yogurt displays.

this is my dinner menu

Salad Station
Assorted Mixed Greens, Chopped Romaine Lettuce
served with toppings to include:
Olives, Onions, Tomatoes, Cucumbers,
Carrot Curls, Croutons, Parmesan & Cheddar Cheeses
Dressings to include Caesar Dressing, Light Zinfandel & Watercress Ranch

Hot Food Station
Steamed Bouquet of Baby Vegetables
Breast of Chicken with Marsala & Mushrooms
Foccacia Bread & Butter

Pasta Action Station
Penne ala Vodka
Cheese Tortellini with Alfredo Sauce
accompanied by Grated Parmesan Cheese & Garlic Bread Sticks

Carving Action Station
Herb Roasted Striploin of Beef with Béarnaise Sauce
Accompanied by Miniature Rolls, Mayonnaise, Horseradish, Mustard & Butter

Potato Martini Bar Action Station
Sweet Potatoes with Maple Syrup, Walnuts & Toasted Marshmallow
Purple Peruvian Potatoes with Garlic topped with Sour Cream & Chives
Yukon Gold Mash topped with Caramelized Shallot Butter & Blue Cheese Crisp

All this food cost you only $68 per person?? That's awesome. :cutie: I kept thinking Disney was like $110 per person for that kind of food. How much was your Cocktail Hour?

Also, can you ask for a certain food that you've had at one of their restaurants? Like my DBF loves the Salmon with Pear Sauce at Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge. Could they make that for our buffet?

Yes - Disney can re-create anything from the menus of WDW restaurants, or even your family recipes.

The only restriction would be on certain items that don't transport well if your reception location is far from a kitchen. For instance, we were told we couldn't have the Cinderella Slipper dessert at The Attic cuz they didn't travel well....

Yes - Disney can re-create anything from the menus of WDW restaurants, or even your family recipes.

The only restriction would be on certain items that don't transport well if your reception location is far from a kitchen. For instance, we were told we couldn't have the Cinderella Slipper dessert at The Attic cuz they didn't travel well....

I had the slipper on my BEO but removed it cause it was over $1000 just for it. I figured with cake & DP, it was over kill anyways. I wasn't told anything about it not traveling well. Maybe this has changed?

I didn't do any dessert because I figured we will have the wedding cake at the reception then we are heading over to the Dessert Party so I didn't want to have a dessert overkill. Here is my menu for the reception and the dessert party.

-Domestic & Imported Beer
-Non-Alcoholic Beer
-Regular and Diet Soft Drinks
-Fruit Juices
-Bottled Water
-Bottled Mineral Water
-House Merlot
-House Chardonnay
-House Pinot Grigio
-House White Zifandel

27 Glass Coach Dinner Buffets ($109.00 a head)
-Antipasta Display with Bread Sticks
-Spanakopitas with Artichoke Tomato Tapenade
-Pan-seared Crab Cakes with Lemon Dill Cream
-Medley of Field Greens, with Tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots
-Low-Fat Zifandel, Caesar and Bacon-Ranch dressings
-Mediterranean Style Shrimp and Pasta Salad
-Tomato & Mozzerella Drizzled with Balsamic Vinigar
-Island Spiced Mahi Mahi with Grilled Pinapple and Citrus with
Vanilla Bean Burre Blanc
-Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast with Basil Mashed Potatoes,
Mushroom Cream Sauce and Fried Parsley
-Olive Oil Grilled Vegetables
-Horseradish Crusted Beef Strip Loin (carved to order) with
Worcestershire Demi
-Focaccia, Ciabatta and Baguettes with Olive Oil and Butter
-Coffee and Tea also available

Dessert Party

-Chocolate and Caramel Brownies
-Chocolate Chip and Sugar Cookies
-Biscuits, angel food cake, sponge cake
-Toppings (strawberries, pineapple, mandarin oranges, peaches, chocolate
vanilla puddings, whipped cream, caramel, chocolate syrup, cherries,
M&M's, Cookie Crumbs, nuts).
-fruit punch, coffees and teas served with swizzles, chocolate mint sticks,
Licorice drops, flavored syrups, assorted sugars, cream, honey and lemon.
-Seasonal Beverage (house made iced coffee or warm mulled cider)

Caramelized Bananas Flambe
-Vanilla Ice Cream with Bananas, brown sugar, banana liquor butter and
Lady Finger Cookies

I am sooo hungry after reading all of your menus!!!

I can't remember for the life of me what we had during the reception. I think antipasto and fruit. (it's friday! :banana: )

Our plated dinner was so good. Perfect steak. We also had a vegan menu to accomodate some of my family. The main menu was:
-Risotto Cake topped with Warm Buffalo Mozzarella, Roasted Garlic and Thinly Sliced Prosciutto Served with Roasted Red Pepper Coulis
-Caesar Salad served tableside with Garlic and Herb Croutons and Shredded Asagio Cheese
-Raspberry and Champagne Sorbet served in a martini glass
-Beef Filet Mignon Served with Cabernet Sauce, Lobster Tail, Roasted Garlic Mashed Potato, Asparagus & Baby Carrots
-Wedding Cake

The vegan menu:
-Mushroom filled pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, Fennel, Leeks and Shallots
-Caesar Salad tossed tableside with Garlic and Herb Croutons and Shredded Asagio Cheese
-Raspberry and Champagne Sorbet served in a martini glass
-Polenta tower with tomato basil sauce and wilted spinach. Porcini mushroom and vidalia onion risotto, grilled asparagus and caramalized baby carrots
-wedding cake

we had the fruit display for pre reception

chicke quesadila for all guests aprt from dh who had canadian cheese soup

tropical sorbet on the lighted glass slipper

we then had alomd crusted chicken from kona cafe with filet peppered steak, yukon gold mashed potatoes and carrots.

wedding cake for dessert

this cost 87 per person

I hope you all don't mind me bumping this thread up. I started it way back when we were first planning. I think there is a ton of great info here. I would love for those who first posted their menus, and have already had their weddings to maybe do an update here. Like, how much it actually cost per person, what you changed, and how the food actually was the day of your wedding. Is there anything you would've done differently? Maybe add some pictures if you have them?
Also, anyone else want to add their menu please do.
It really helps those of us still planning.

One question. Has anyone ever had a plated menu where you let the guests choose between 3 different dishes, like a meat, chicken or fish dish? If so, how much was it? I just know some of my guests hate fish and I don't want to have a dual plate with filet and fish, kwim?
Thanks!

Has anyone ever had a plated menu where you let the guests choose between 3 different dishes, like a meat, chicken or fish dish?

We asked people to choose their entree when they RSVP'd: we made our own invites and included on the RSVP card how many people were attending which event and if they wanted salmon or filet + lobster. 36 chose lobster and beef, 4 picked salmon.

I'm including the menus for the welcome dinner and the reception + dinner below with per person/per plate costs in parentheses

Welcome dinner at the cali grill
Occidental menu for adults (98$) - flatbreads, goat cheese ravioli, tuna tartar salad, family style entrees with sides (beef, chicken, snapper), valrhona cake
Children's meals (22$) - cheese plate, mac & cheese, rice krispie "sushi" for dessert
Premium bar for four hours (41$)
Soda/juice for four hours (20$)

Cocktail hour, drinks, dinner on day of wedding
Full signature bar for cocktail hour + dinner for 4.5 hours (51.50$)
Juice/sodas for 4.5 hours(22$)

Cocktail hour and a half
Merryweather (40.50$) - vegetable red pepper hummus in phyllo, chicken/mango/plantain in wonton cup, spanikopitas, ginger chicken skewer, and vegetable samosa with yogurt
Premium cheese display (9.50$)

Dinner - salmon 70$ or beef/lobster 89$
Red pepper goat cheese crostini
Caesar salad
Wasabi encrusted salmon with sides OR beef filet with balsalmic glaze accompanied by a lobster tail with a lemon beurre blanc with sides
Tiramisu
Rolls and butter
Coffee and teas

Children's dinner (23$)
Chicken tenders with mickeyroni, fries, and corn
Buid your own dirt pots

We're having our reception at the Attic.

Pre-Reception - guest arrival

Selection of fruit and youhurt and choclolate dipped strawberries.

Meal will be a buffet inc

Hotdogs
Burgers
Chicken
Potato Skins
Breaded Cheese Sticks
Salads etc.

Dessert is the carmel apple dessert from the Liberty Tree Tavern and choclate brownies.

My food is:
-Mushroom filled pasta with vegetable-sherry broth, leeks, red peppers and gruyere (veg)

-Pan-seared crab cakes with lemon-dill creme

-Caesar salad with parmesan and croutons (veg)

-Olive oil grilled vegetables (veg)

-Parmesan-crusted chicken breast with basil mashed potatoes and mushroom cream

-Creamy parmesan and goats cheese risotto topped with gremolata (veg)

-Mahi Mahi steamed in banana leaves with mango salsa

-New York strip steak with Merlot and black pepper reduction, balsamic crimini mushrooms and roasted shallots.

-Fingerling potatoes

-Sourdough rolls and rustic breads

-Cake for dessert

We are also having a DP with cheese and biscuits, brownies, tiramisu and key lime pies, but I'm thinking about changing my DP menu to something cheaper as this is $34pp and I only wanted tp pay $22.

I would LOVE to see more menus, esp. california Grill ones if possible ;)

BUMP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter