What's on your menu?

We're planning on having a plated dinner. On the default menus that the planner sends you, you'll notice there is a dessert included in the per person price (ie cinderella chocolate slipper). If I decideto cut out the chocolate slipper, will the per person price be cheaper? I wanted to just serve the wedding cake as dessert because if I have the slipper, wedding cake and dessert party right after - that just might be sweets overkill?

From what I've been told, the default menus are really just to offer ideas about the kind of things on offer, but courses can be removed, added and menu items changed to your liking, then priced according to the elements you have chosen.

We're wanting to get rid of the dessert course for the same reasons as you.

I keep forgetting I have so long to go yet, I wanna get this stuff organised now!:rotfl:

Any new menus to add to this list, we are stuck for ideas and our phone planning secession is on Tuesday!

I love reading about all the food!!!! I can't wait to start deciding. The food is the only thing my fiance really even cares about. I notice that a lot of people are having buffets as oppossed to plated dinners. Is there a particular reason for that?

Has anyone heard of any gluten free options that they've got? My dad has coeliacs and I'm sick of seeing everyone with delicious looking meals and my dad with plain steak with nothing on it... And if I'm sick of it, I can just imagine how sick of it he is.

I'd love for the whole menu to be gluten free, but I just haven't heard of anything...

Yes! There was just a great article in the AllEars newsletter about a woman who took her family to WDW specifically because it's one of the easiest places to get gluten-free food. The chef at each restaurant came to their table to talk to them and then whipped up all sorts of wonderful food.

Disney is well known for being extremely friendly to people on all kinds of restricted diets. Your chef will be able to work with you to create a menu that has something on it for everyone. :thumbsup2

Here's my reception menu, which also has something on it for everyone, if by "everyone" you mean "people who like Mickey Waffles"... :rotfl:

Cape May Lighthouse Breakfast Buffet

Assorted Two Chilled Juices

Sliced Seasonal Fresh Fruits and Berries Display with a Mango Coulis*

Assortment of Individual Fruit Yogurts*

Farm Fresh Scrambled Eggs with Cheddar Cheese

Traditional Bacon

Applewood Smoked Turkey Sausage

Crisp Hash Brown Potatoes with Fresh Herbs

Mini Mickey Waffles Served with Maple Syrup, Strawberry and Blueberry Toppings

Selection of Bagels with Cream Cheese and Flavored Cream Cheeses*

Baskets of Freshly Baked Breakfast Pastries Served with Butter, Preserves and Marmalade*

Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee and a Selection of Hot Teas

* We served these as our pre-reception food and saved a bundle. It was sooo much food!

And here is the menu from Rob & Scott's Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding:

Cocktail Hour
Fresh Vegetable Display with Herb Dressing

Crab Cakes w/ Remolade Sauce

Onion Tartlets w/ goat cheese

Salad Station

Mixed Baby Greens with a Variety of Toppings
Low-fat Zinfandel, Caesar, & Bacon-Ranch Dressings

Marinated Vine Ripened Tomatoes with Cucumbers and Red Onions
Tossed in an Herb Vinaigrette

Carving Station
Peppercorn Crusted Tenderloin of Beef, carved to order served with Rolls, Butter, Herbed Mayonnaise, Stone Ground Mustard and Horseradish

Hot Buffet Items
Tri-Color Cheese Tortellini with Alfredo Sauce

Penne with Marinara Sauce

Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Limoncello sauce

Sautéed Green Beans with Roasted Shallots and Red Peppers

Oven-Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes Tossed with Olive Oil and Rosemary

Rolls & Butter

EVERYONE raved about the food. The tortellini in alfredo sauce got as many raves as the chicken (which was fantastic alone, but with addition of the limoncello sauce was orgasmic). The thing that I think is wonderful, is this is NOT an expensive menu. But people went on and on about how we must have broken the bank to serve this kind of food and an open bar. (And to be fair, add the open bar, the wedding cake, and champagne punch and cookies served prior to the ceremony, we met Disney's Wedding minimum on food alone. But people assumed that it was a really expensive buffet, and it really wasn't.)

And here is the menu from Rob & Scott's Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding:

Cocktail Hour
Fresh Vegetable Display with Herb Dressing

Crab Cakes w/ Remolade Sauce

Onion Tartlets w/ goat cheese

Salad Station

Mixed Baby Greens with a Variety of Toppings
Low-fat Zinfandel, Caesar, & Bacon-Ranch Dressings

Marinated Vine Ripened Tomatoes with Cucumbers and Red Onions
Tossed in an Herb Vinaigrette

Carving Station
Peppercorn Crusted Tenderloin of Beef, carved to order served with Rolls, Butter, Herbed Mayonnaise, Stone Ground Mustard and Horseradish

Hot Buffet Items
Tri-Color Cheese Tortellini with Alfredo Sauce

Penne with Marinara Sauce

Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Limoncello sauce

Sautéed Green Beans with Roasted Shallots and Red Peppers

Oven-Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes Tossed with Olive Oil and Rosemary

Rolls & Butter

EVERYONE raved about the food. The tortellini in alfredo sauce got as many raves as the chicken (which was fantastic alone, but with addition of the limoncello sauce was orgasmic). The thing that I think is wonderful, is this is NOT an expensive menu. But people went on and on about how we must have broken the bank to serve this kind of food and an open bar. (And to be fair, add the open bar, the wedding cake, and champagne punch and cookies served prior to the ceremony, we met Disney's Wedding minimum on food alone. But people assumed that it was a really expensive buffet, and it really wasn't.)

WOW! That sounds fantastic as well! I'm getting hungry just reading about all this fabulous food! And you know it's great when it comes from a Disney chef! :love:

Thanks so much for all of these wonderful ideas! I can't wait to do a menu tasting!

Yay!! I'm so glad y'all are posting on this thread! And the limoncello sauce sounds AMAZING! I might have to ask for that at the PS next month!

So am I right to say you can go on the magicalkingdom site and choose anything off there to try.. (of course staying within the certain # they allow you to try)?

So am I right to say you can go on the magicalkingdom site and choose anything off there to try.. (of course staying within the certain # they allow you to try)?

Our experience was that the magicalkingdom menus are very out of date. Our planners assistant assisted us in getting the menus from the Boardwalk Convention Center (since they prepare the meals for Atlantic Dance Hall) and we modified from there. You can also create a menu using the items on the "Global Weddings" menus that DFTW sends you, as those are the items that all the catering kitchens have agreed to across property for weddings.

From reading on this board, though, I know that others have had things work differently, so my suggestion would be to ask your planner.

Some of the menus on Magical Kingdoms are brand new... especially the dessert party ones... :rolleyes1

Some of the menus on Magical Kingdoms are brand new... especially the dessert party ones... :rolleyes1

That's why I qualified my answer as "our experience". :rotfl: Especially since I haven't looked at Magical Kingdoms since January when we put our menu together.

Plus, I knew that menus are definitley a place where the answers can vary case by case (to say the least).

Subscribing...my DBF and I are so excited about the food!! I hope this thread keeps getting new ideas. I love to hear about the different foods but most importantly how much it cost per person.

Thanks guys for all your input! :cheer2:

We did a modified version of the Tinkerbell menu. I wanted to add in some of my favorite entrees from restaurants in the park :woohoo:

Array of fruits with yogurt dip
Cheese display
Au gratin potatoes (Cinderella's Royal Table Recipe)
Hardwood smoked bacon
Maple glazed pork sausage links
Seared chicken breast with granny smith apples, roasted fenneland fig jus
Chicken caesar pasta (Crystal Palace Recipe)
Chorizo Sausage and peppers

Eggs and omelets (made to order)
-shrimp, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, ham, peppers, onions, mushrooms, goat cheese, spinach, salsa, egg substitute

Chocolate hazelnut crepes (prepared to order)
-peaches, carmelized bananas, mandarin oranges, raspberries, and devonshire cream

Crossiants, danish, brioche, cinnamon buns, rolls, butter and jellies
Assorted pastry display

Juices, Coffee, Teas
Lilikoi Juice: orange, passion, guava

The total was $45 per person; we had the fruit and cheese displays set up for the pre-reception, so we saved money!

Mmm... the dessert menus sound SO good!

I wonder if you can get the hand-dipped ice cream at the GF Marina instead of at Epcot??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter