What's an Avatar?

B

bridgetf

I thought it was a character in 'Yentl'

And why do I need a custom one?

Avatar has several definitions. I would guess that the context this board is using is an image representing a user in a multi-user virtual reality space. In other words, a graphical representation of yourself that can be added to all posts. Since everyone is an individual, it would only seem fitting that it would be a custom avatar.

Personally, I was hoping that the definition of avatar they were referring to was the manifestation of a Hindu deity, especially Vishnu, in a human, superhuman or animal form. That would have been much more interesting to watch electronically unfold.

Jeff

I think it is so kewl to see a little side of everyone's personalities in those posts.

Wanda :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest