What would you do?

lgruender

Mouseketeer
We are leaving on Aug 13 for WDW, the trip has been paid in full. I will be traveling with my husband, nephew and neice. When I booked the trip I had the kids as 17 and 14. Not thinking that my nephew turned 18 on 7/14. What should I do, let them know that he is now 18 and if so do I call or wait until we get to the resort? Or since I booked and paid for the trip when he was 17 not worry about it? I do know the charge will be $25/night @ 7 nights.

I say, just follow your own conscience. Perhaps, if you do decide to let the front desk know, do so at checkin, not in advance. They may just tell you not to worry about it.

Personally, I would probably mention it at checkin. That's just me, though. I get enormous feelings of guilt. Trust me, I don't always do "the right thing" and I still consider myself a good person.

have a great trip. What a neat thing to do with a niece and nephew!

If you call now, they will definitely tack on the extra $25/night. From experience, if you wait until you get there, they will probably just say it is okay and not charge you.
We have had something like that to come up--another adult came with us that hadn't originally planned on coming--and we waited until we got there. Both times they added her onto our reservation but didn't up the charge.

I myself would tell them while checking in, Like the other posters stated if you wait until then most likely you will not be charged anyway.

Just my 2 cents

We had this happen on our last trip to disney. We were planning on going in may so DD was 5. DH ended up having work schedule changed and we had to change the dates to Dec. DD turned 6 in sept. We had paid our deposit but not the full amount. So I mentioned that DD would be 6 not 5 when we went. It was a huge mess. They ended up canceling our current reservation, refunding our money, then had to rebook the vacation. All that to just change a date. I'd just wait till you get to check in and tell them then.

Temair

When I made my reservations they asked the age of my daughter. And it was put on the file that she was 5 at the time of the trip. Whne our plans chnaged I felt honor bound to tell them she would be a year older. I believe in telling the truth. It did not change any thing but I knew that what was on file was accurate to the best of my knowledge. I'm just that way.

All I was pointing out was that when we had to change an age on the reservation it required and cancelation and a new reservation all together. This whole thread is about someone needing to change an age so I felt my story might provide some insight as to what might happen.

Temair

Sorry, I said boy btw :blush: I just thought maybe they charged more or something when the age went up. Well knowing how much a pain it is, there is no way I'll tell them if one of my kids has aged up (unless it's to the adult range!). It just seems like a pointeless waste of time. I don't get why they would waste their time to change a record 5 to 6 :confused3 Don't they have enough to do already?

Temair said:
We had this happen on our last trip to disney. We were planning on going in may so DD was 5. DH ended up having work schedule changed and we had to change the dates to Dec. DD turned 6 in sept. We had paid our deposit but not the full amount. So I mentioned that DD would be 6 not 5 when we went. It was a huge mess. They ended up canceling our current reservation, refunding our money, then had to rebook the vacation. All that to just change a date. I'd just wait till you get to check in and tell them then.

Temair

this seems odd to me. That you would have to cancel/reschedule because of an age change that affects nothing....I think that if you reschedule more than a month difference, you may have to cancel and start over again. I sort of remember having that conversation with a CM. Possibly a resort change would force a cancellation, but I agree with an above poster, since there didn't seem to be any monetary difference, why go through such a hassle? I certainly wouldn't initiate a change because my kid had a birthday. I am an honest person, but this doesn't seem to matter... there are a lot of things out there where accuracy matters, I just don't see this as an ethical issue. To tell you the truth, if the same thing happened to me, I wouldn't even remember it, if there wasn't any more money involved. They would have to ask me again at check-in, the ages of my kids, and then the light bulb may or may not go off. I certainly wouldn't feel bad or guilty if I had my 6 year old listed as a five year old...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter