What would you do... spinoff

I would agree with either of the two options listed above - either splitting the costs with the other parent or talking to the other parent and enlisting their assistance with the plan of your paying the costs and the boys working the cost off doing volunteer work. :thumbsup2

Let me add that I applaud you for your attitude in recognizing that your child might have been involved (if only in laughing and hanging around the mayhem :thumbsup2). These days, many people can't see that. ;) My husband says that when stuff used to come up when he was a kid (that he didn't want to get any blame for but was probably still at least a little bit involved), his dad would always say, "Yeah, and I guess you were somewhere in a corner reading the Bible?" :rolleyes1

I am so glad your son is ok....that is the most important thing.
I have to agree with stitchlovestink (even though we disgareed a bit in the other thread:love:) I would not even consider asking the camp to pay. With children, accidents happen, they are kids and do not always think through consquences of fooling around or not so safe actions. Camps and other businesses/agencies should not be held responsible for every bloody nose, scrape and boo-boo that kids cause by being kids....which this incident is.

I think it was very nice for that parent to offer to pay, that tells me tons about her character. I understand your dilema, I would have so many feelings...I would want to accept 1/2 the money because it was of course an unexpected expense that her son was involved in creating (intentional or not), but would feel funny calling and asking for it and would not do that, and I would not accept it.
I would let it go, if she brings it up to you again, thank her for her offer and just let her know that you have alread taken care of it. I love the community service idea, but I would not push it, just mention it.
If she insists she pay half, then let her. She sounds like a good person who is trying to do the right thing.

I absolutely agree with the poster who said that you need to be prepared to act in the exact same way if the shoe was on the other foot.

Just so you know, and I don't know that this is totally true, but what our friend/attorney told us 7 years ago...A verbal agreement is binding. So if she said she would pay, you can for sure make her pay legally. When my ds was 11, him and a few neighbor kids were messing around, one of the kids who was very annoying, was, well being annoying, and my ds pushed at him to get him off our lawn, and his prescription eyeglasses went flying off his face, hit the ground, and of course cracked. Well the mom came to my door, and before I could think of what I was saying, because she was crazy upset, I said fine I will pay for the glasses. Well I said that before I knew the whole story, but our friend/attorney said since I had made the statement, it was legally binding. The mom of course told us that the new glasses were going to be $500 and we thought that was crazy high, so we ended up (after calling the eye dr they used and finding out that, really, no they didn't cost $500) giving them $100. Which my ds had taken out of his bank account.

If my kid were involved in horse play which resulted in him being injured, I would pay the bill. It is his own fault he was hurt. Evwn good kids stretch the truth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter