What was the strangest interaction you ever had with a character?

CAD3655 said:
Right before our trip to WDW my sister had fallen and broken her ankle. Not wanting to postpone the trip, she travelled in a wheelchair for the week.

I was pushing her in the wheelchair out of Buzz Lightyear, and was tapped on the shoulder. I turned around and saw Pluto, but my sister had no clue what was going on. He motioned that he would push the chair for me. Well he didn't just push the chair..he sprinted off across Tomorrowland at a dead run to Space Mountain. All I could hear was my sister screaming at me to slow down and stop being a (bleep bleep expletive bleep) jerk. She about died when she turned around and saw it wasn't me at the "wheel".

It was a hoot....

Ha ha ha!! :lmao: That is GREAT!! I would have died from laughing, if that was me!

CAD3655 said:
Right before our trip to WDW my sister had fallen and broken her ankle. Not wanting to postpone the trip, she travelled in a wheelchair for the week.

I was pushing her in the wheelchair out of Buzz Lightyear, and was tapped on the shoulder. I turned around and saw Pluto, but my sister had no clue what was going on. He motioned that he would push the chair for me. Well he didn't just push the chair..he sprinted off across Tomorrowland at a dead run to Space Mountain. All I could hear was my sister screaming at me to slow down and stop being a (bleep bleep expletive bleep) jerk. She about died when she turned around and saw it wasn't me at the "wheel".

It was a hoot....

This is one of the best ones :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I walked into the Toon Town Tent at about 10pm one night with my 7 year old daughter. As it became our turn for our pic with minnie, I said pretty loudly "Minnie, baby.. Kiss me" as I pointed to my cheek. She feigned shyness and then kissed my cheek and I even heard the big "SMACK" from her. Then she hugged me twice and was rubbing my back. My daughter was laughing very hard. As we walked away, I looked at Allie and said "When ya got it, ya got it." Then Minnie ran up to me, KISSED me again. and pointed at me and then did the "I love you" hand signals. ROFL hahaha

We next went to see Mickey in his tent thing and Allie told Mickey everything that happened. LOL He wouldn't take a picture with me. ROFL He kept motioning for me to leave Allie with him and for me to get out. hahaha

I have a couple stories:

My family and I were at MgM in April of 2001. As we were leaving around 5:00pm, before we got to the exit gates we saw the following characters:
Phil (Hercules), Mushu, Stromboli, Capt. Hook, The Witch *the old hag with the apple* and Bo Peep. Well nobody was in the Witch's line -- so I got in line. We had ate a SciFi Dine In earlier and I was randomly chosen to receive a free frisbee, so I had the frisbee with me and when I got up to the Witch she took the frisbee out of my hand and motioned for the to step back, well the next thing I know the frisbee is coming right at me. We played frisbee for about 5 minutes, the the CM said "Hey Phil, Mushu, Stromboli, Capt. Hook, Witch, Bo Peep come on!'' Well all the other characters went back behind the closed gate -- all of them except the Witch, who was still playing frisbee with me. Finally after 10 more minutes the CM had to drag the witch to the gate. The whole time the CM was doing this the witch shrugs her shoulders and blows a kiss, then when the get close to the gate she hits the CM in the arm, and gives me the thumbs up! (I guess she was in a good mood that day!)

Then earlier at MgM, we were riding the Backlot Tour when we saw about 6 characters come out of a gate and go down NY Street. (thank god we were at the end of the tour). So we went over to where Doug and Patti were and we met them. Well here come J. Washington Foulfellow and Gideon over to me, while we were meeting Doug and Patti -- so Foulfellow takes his cane and puts it around my arm and Gideon is pointing his finger at Doug and pushing on me at the same time! (funny!)

Then one day during our trip in April of 2001, we were at MK and Chip and Dale were out front there in front of the Train Station after you enter the park, well I had a backpack on a I had some cheese crackers and a juice box in my bag, well the bag was open (BIG MISTAKE), while Dale was signing my book -- Chip goes behind me and very quitely lifts my bag up and takes out the pack of crackers and the juice box and he balances the crackers on his nose and gives Dale the juice box and it just so happened that Dale actually got the straw from the juice box open and he put the straw in the box and acted like he was drinking it.. (too funny...)

Those are my stories, now let's hear yours...

MickeyMouseGal said:
A few years ago, my Mom and I were having breakfast at Chef Mickey's. We had just sat down with our plates when Minnie strolled over. My Mom, in a teasing way said, "Buzz off Minnie, we're hungry." Minnie put her hands to her mouth in the 'shocked' pose... and then proceded to look around in a sly way... and then flipped Mom the bird!!! We were laughing hysterically!!! Then Minnie gave us a quick wave :wave2: and was off to the next table!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl: We still laugh about how Mom brought out the worst in Minnie!!!

OMG!!

This isn't really strange, but it was funny! We went to the PSB in 2004 - our kids were all teenagers, so not necessarily into the whole character thing. However, our DS who was 18 had been singing "A Whole New World" on the way to breakfast. When Jasmine came by our table, I mentioned that he had been singing it, and she asked him to sing it with her. He told her no, that she would be embarassed because he could sing so much better than her (this from a kid who can't carry a tune at all!). I have great pictures of her next to him, hands on hips, angry/insulted look on her face.

We almost had a food fight with Chip at Chef Mickey's.
We were eating breakfast and Chip tossed something toward our table from another table. Our friend then picked up a roll from our table as if to throw it back and Chip ducked behind the people at the table he was at.

Minnie came and broke it up though before it could escalate.

Chip also untied Minnie's apron at one point and she made him stand in the corner.

DH and I had dinner reservations for Victoria's & Albert's and we got there a bit early so we walked around the lobby of the GF checking it all out. We were looking at the map of the place and DH glances over my shoulder and has a small smile on his face. I turn around and the Queen of Hearts(from Alice in Wonderland) is right in my face! Now this is a scary looking mask so I sort of jumped. She apparently snuck up on me. ScarY!

We were having a character breakfast in what is now Playhouse Disney Live's spot. (This was back in 1997). Jafar came over to our tables and picked up our can of crayons. He motioned for me to put out my hands to hold the crayons for him. When I did, he dumped them ALL in my hands and started shaking my hands so the crayons flew everywhere!!! Of course, my family still laughs at me for that one because I totally fell for it!!

I have to say we have had some great character moments during our 3 trips to wdw. Here are a few that stand out.

The first was last sept. we took our 4 children ages 17 monthes, 8, 11, and 12. We also took my dd 12's best friend so 5 kids in all. We are in future land and it's our turn to see Buzz Lightyear. He counts the kids in our party, holds up his 5 fingers and I nod yes. He goes over to DH and motions 5 again, makes strong arms, holds up dh's arm in a champion like gesture. Buzz then motions to the others waiting in line like he was asking if DH was a macho man or crazy for having 5 kids. He got the crowd to clap for DH. My dh is kind of a shy quiet guy so that made it all the funnier. I was laughing so hard I could hardly take pictures.

Another story is my youngest was just 5 monthes the first time we took him to wdw in 2004 . We were at typhoon lagoon at one of the counter service restuarants. Chip and Dale came over and played with the baby in his stroller while I snapped pictures. They then motioned for me to pick him up for them. I had him in my hands so that he his back was against my chest and he was facing the two characters. He was squealing with delight then all of a sudden he spit up. Not just a drizzle coming out, it was like a fountain spewing out all over Chip. I started apologizing and grabbed a burp cloth to wipe the spew off the character. Well Dale is laughing and rolling around on the ground. He gets up and comes over to help, luckily he grabbed a clean unused burb cloth because instead of helping clean Chip up he was wiping my face and head. I was so embarassed but laughing so hard. I guess Chip wasn't too mad, he did in the end take the cloth and gently wipe the baby's face. That's one moment I wish I had on video.

crissy

Great Stories...
I am interested in more stories about times when Cast Members have come out of character.
They are absolutely never supposed to - but sometimes it just happens....

princess:

we,my mom, my lil bro n I, were in a huge crowd watching the jungle book parade dancing lively down the street when baloo looked straight at me and waved... i waved back and he ran up to me, pulled me into the middle of the street and started twirling me round and having a dance with me!! i was speachless and afterwards couldnt get over how special it made me feel! Its the little things that make the day!! what a most memorable experiance!:yay:

Gepetto - quite the 'handsy' fella! Major hugging and kissing in front of Cindy's castle. Certainly made my day!

My 20 y/o DD at the time had to pratically unwrench herself from Friar Tuck's grubby little hands. He was all over her! I was taking her picture with him when he started to get fresh with her. He leaned in her ear and asked for her phone number! Beware of FT!

We had so many great interactions too. I had 2 preteens with me and the characters really seemed to have fun messing with them. My niece had asked me to get her a picture of JoJo and Goliath, we ran into them at the halloween party and noone else was around. My 2yo was passed out so she missed them completely. I told my 11yo dd and 13yo bil to get there picture taken with them so that Emily (my niece) would have a picture and so that Julianna (my 2yo) would get to see them if we didn't run into them again. Well they didn't want to because apparently they are "baby characters". So I told JoJo and Goliath that they thought they were too cool to get there picture taken with them. JoJo and Goliath messed with them so bad chasing them around and carrying on. He stole there pen and was making them jump to get it. By time they were done my dd and bil were laughing so hard and I got the best picture. I wish I had a scanner. I think they became there favorite characters that day even if they are baby characters. LOL.

I have a story where a character at DL almost slipped out of character. My brother(17) had been telling his friends that he was going to get the phone number of a Princess while we were at DL. Well, he ended up seeing one of the Princesses holding court in front of the castle with a bunch of little girls. She didn't see him coming in from the side where he drops to one knee and kisses her on the hand. She was startled, but quickly recovered and was holding court again within seconds, all the while ignoring my brother.

This isn't really funny, but it was my strangest. A few years ago, back in our childless days, we were at disney with some friends. I guess we had already been to the studios that trip, but one morning we took the boat back over there because somebody wanted to see the muppet movie for some reason. Anyway, when we got there, I realized I didn't have my pass, so I told them I'd get a new one and just meet them after the muppet show. So I went around back to the exit of the muppet show, and it must have been the first couple of shows of the day, because there wasn't another soul in sight. Then Buzz and Woody came out. So I hung out by myself with Buzz and Woody and their handler for like 15 minutes. I got sort of bored and asked if they wanted me to look around the corner and see if any kids were there, but Buzz took both hands and motioned no in an exagerrated sort of way.

And one time Goofy gave me a little too much massage at breakfast, so I'm still a little not sure about him.

One other time when we were younger there were a bunch of us and we were kind of lit at pleasure island and were hanging out with a bunch of the characters' friends, which always makes me sort of laugh now when we are there with those friends and our kids go to see the characters = "Remember that time you bumbed a smoke from Alice's friend?"

Not so strange but really sweet and funny...

Stitch was coming out or going back to the cast only area at AK. My boys saw him just kind of hanging out there behind a tree...they approached and Stitch picks up a tree branch that had fallen to the ground and pretends to hide behind it...he let me boys find him again and again and again. Then he proceeds to pretend to look for my boys as he holds the tree branch in front of their faces...it was the funniest thing we had ever seen UNTIL...

Genie was (again entering a cast only area) when he saw my boys waving at him. He turned around and went over to a payphone and was trying to talk into the keypad part of it and listen to the place where you put the money in. We have picture after picture of my boys trying to teach Genie how to use a phone. My boys had such a blast doing this and Genie stayed with them for a LONG time trying to learn how to use the phone! I guess Genie's don't know everything!! :) It was so funny to see him acting stumped and then scratching his head and trying again only to get it wrong again and then make pouty hand gestures...he also tried to work magic on the phone a few times by pointing at it. It was a really a funny moment.

The awesome Clopin experience...my boys spent at least 15 minutes (I kid you not, nobody else was paying any attention to Clopin from The Hunchback of Notre Dame) playing with him. His handler had this little fake ferret (or some sort of little skinny brown furry creature) puppet and Clopin took the puppet from his handler and told the boys to watch while he "scared mom". Then he proceeds to pop this puppet into my face, on top of my head, next to my head, on my hand etc. every few minutes. My boys were almost in tears they were laughing so hard. Since he was a face character he talked with the boys quite a bit as well. When Esmerelda came out towards the end of the time he led her over to my boys and introduced them as his "cohorts in crime" and told her how they had been scaring me with the puppet (and demonstrated). Esmerelda got a good laugh out of that and then took the puppet and "scared" Clopin.

Just a downright sweet character interaction (3 actually) was with Snow White. I have three boys and when she saw us eating in Cindy's castle she made a big deal about "my princes...you brought my princes...oh the most handsome royal princes"...my boys thought she was great. Well, later on that night we were at the big store in Toontown at the end of the night and they were playing music and the characters were looking for someone to dance with (the place was almost empty)...Snow White spotted my boys and asked them each for a special dance. Not only did she remember them from lunch but she asked them each about how their days had gone and told them that they should not forget to come back and visit her again. Later that week we were back again at MK and Snow White was doing meet and greets in Toontown. When she saw my boys she came right up to them and said..."My princes you are back!! She then proceeded to introduce them to Cinderella and Aurora (they did have name tags on so she didn't have to remember their names but when she introduced them she said "Cinderella...these handsome princes ate :thumbsup2 :love: lunch at your palace a few days ago and have become my fast friends" It ws so wonderful to have that kind of interaction. My boys were head over heals for Snow White for months after that visit!! :)

When I was four, we stayed at the Poly and went to a character breakfast - I don't know where. But we have pictures of my dad and Pluto wrestling. Literally - rolling on the ground and I think there were some not-quite-fake-but-all-in-good-fun punches in there, too.

At dinner in LTT three years ago, I could tell Pluto was a boy - that would have been a strangely built woman if it was, so I told him that he beat up my dad when I was a little girl. It was SOOO funny to watch Pluto try to apologize.

I *know* it's their job, but as an adult, it's still fun and a little flattering to have a character try to pick you up - Tigger wanted me to leave with him, Donald cuddled up to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter