What to do with your leftover credits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...I'm about done posting on these threads. People will do and say what they think...it's my job to ignore them if I feel the need. I haven't even looked at this thread since I posted on it. Glad the OP got everything straightened out..as for the poster whom I accused of yelling...I apologize for accusing you...but with the caps and all...and that last line in your post with umpteen exclamation points...to me and everyone else that's yelling. I see now that you didn't know this at the time so I am sorry. I think I just get too riled up at the "morality police" air of some people(not saying you were being the morality police)...I need to "ignore" and let go... :)

punkin said:
This post is a plea to others who may have helpful information, but after this thread don't want to bother posting it.

Please post your experiences with DDP. There are many of us on this board who are sincerely interested in amassing as much information as possible in order to make our own moral choices. Don't be put off by the small, but very vocal judgmental minority. Most of us really just want to know how Disney is approaching DDP. Thank you in advance.

OP, I am very sorry you were made to feel bad.

Yes Yes Yes! I totally agree!!!

This is a very sad thread. I am not sure which is sadder:

People taking this much time to nit-pick and argue or me wasting this much time reading it :confused3 .

mickeymousemom said:
Okay...I'm about done posting on these threads. People will do and say what they think...it's my job to ignore them if I feel the need. I haven't even looked at this thread since I posted on it. Glad the OP got everything straightened out..as for the poster whom I accused of yelling...I apologize for accusing you...but with the caps and all...and that last line in your post with umpteen exclamation points...to me and everyone else that's yelling. I see now that you didn't know this at the time so I am sorry. I think I just get too riled up at the "morality police" air of some people(not saying you were being the morality police)...I need to "ignore" and let go... :)
Glad you came back :)

No hard feelings from me, in fact, I'm VERY HAPPY that this was pointed out to me!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I thought people were giving the OP a hard time and said as much in this thread.

The mods have decided to allow a fair amount of discussion before closing a thread. They are doing their job. A number of threads have been closed. One poster went so far as to suggest people who want to quote rules should limit their responses to PM. Sounds back wards, people who want to exchange tips on how to cheat should limit those discussions to PM.

Some boards immediately close threads that promote and even advocate cheating. This board is very tolerant and generally allows for discussion.

The Dining Plan is a great deal for customers and is probably good for Disney. It's a shame that some greedy customers is causing Disney to take actions that affects others. This thread is a good example. Most of the unused child credits were used to pay for meals for a 9 year old. Child credits purchasing a child meals. The fact that one or two might have wound up buying an adult meal is probably exactly the situation Disney had in mind when they allowed the credits to be pooled. Not famlies who paid out of pocket for every single kids meals so they could use the credits to treat adults who were staying offsite.

The OP said her child turned 3 a day or two before the trip. I don't know where to draw the line. I had no patience for a poster that wanted to chop 2 years off her kids age but I can understand that the OP was originally considering not paying for her child.

edited to say I'm still not sure if the child turned 3 before the trip or before the end of the trip. Did the child turn 3 before they left for Disney or before they left Disney?

I don't think either interpertation changes a lot.

The OP decided to pay for a child that many (most?) people would let slide. The OP paid for the 3 year old. What more do they want?

JimMIA said:
I agree with you.

I wish the mods would step up -- this is pretty silly, and completely unnecessary.

You've got a little group of 4-6 people from both sides hijacking every thread. I'm putting all of them on my Ignore List, but the mods need to do their job and stop the childish behavior.

not quite what I said.....I said that in one thread I asked that we do that instead of turning another thread into a debate because one person posted a very debated statement in the middle of a thread asking about something else. And suggested that this might be the better way to get a message accross if that is your only intent rather than skewing a thread about one thing into a debate about something else related as it is.It wasnt about the fact that rules were being quoted...I do it all the time when someone asks whats the rule or is this allowed. but the fact that people werent just saying hey heres the rule. they were putting judgement, attitude, and rudeness into it. People arent going to listen to it that way.

beth_cam said:
Yes she did say that in one post. Which could mean the day before leaving home or the day before leaving disney.

She cleared that up in post 60 where she said
I didnt read post 60 sorry
i just say the post that said the child was 3 before we left
to me that says the child was 3 before he left not before they left disney for home
i based may comments on what was written, if the child was only 2 when the trip started she didtn have to buy the stuff and did what she does with her credits is her business and if she used them to get a good deal good for her :)

What I dont get is this is suppose to be a discussion board about WDW NOT a morality board. Whos place is it to tell someone they are wrong? I mean really let the first that has not sinned cast the first stone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter