What to do between cruise and airport

3GuysandaMom

We will be going on the 1/26 Magic Cruise, returning 2/2. Our planes leaves at 5 p.m. on 2/2, so we have about 7 hours. Any suggestions on anything fun to do to fill the day? Is there time for any WDW park? We will have a rental car.

Traveling: myself, DH, DS (6 yrs), DS (8 months)

Thanks!

Sure, you could go to one of the parks. If you don't have passes you will have to purchase at the park as the Disney Stores do not sell one day passes.

You actually only have about 5-6 hours. You have to figure by the time you get off the ship and to where you are going. If it is Disney figure about an hour or so after you get off the ship. Also remember that you need to turn in the car and get to airport in enough time with the new security measures.

You could also spend time in downtown disney. There are plenty of shops, restaurants, movies, Disney Quest, etc.

You could visit Kennedy Space Center for the day as another option.

MJ

My DS is hoping that we have time to go to the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum before we head for home!
:)

We cruised last June and got off the ship early (a little after 8) and headed to the Magic Kingdom for the day. Stayed til around 2 or 2:30 then headed to the airport for a flight to NY around 5 or so. This was pre-9/11, but worked out fine. We have also visited Kennedy Space Center -- that is another fun and interesting alternative. Have a great trip!

If I remember correctly, Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum is on International Drive. Lots to do out there too.

I checked out their website at it looks pretty neat! The cost is $13.73 pp. They also have a coupon on their site.Their address is 8201 International Drive - just off Eastbound exit 29 or Westbound 29A from Interstate #4. The web addy is:

www.ripleysorlando.com

The Guinness World of Records Experience also looks pretty neat. I'll try to post the link to them also...

(I found the link - it looks like a fun place!)

http://www.guinnessexperience.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1

:)

Thanks for the info! I thought we were all set and planned to go to Downtown Disney....this complicates things! My boys love Ripleys and Guinness World Record Books. We'll have to check out those websites and make a decision.

We're on that same cruise too. Our flight back to NY does not depart until 7:00. If the weather is good we may take in one of the water parks(probably river country) for our last fun in the sun or the Marketplace for shopping and lunch.
Alison

Thank you for all the suggestions! Not sure yet what we'll do. My son hears 'playhouse Disney' advertised on TV. I'm going to have to look that up too.

Thanks again

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest