What time to get to parking structure?

BellaandMickey

Mouseketeer
What time should we plan on getting to the parking structure on the morning we are going to use our Magic Morning? I’m thinking about how crowded the parking has been due to RotR and I don’t want to miss part of our Magic Morning dealing with parking. What time have they been opening the gates for Magic Morning/EMH guests? I’m hoping they’ve been opening a bit early?

Also, what time should we get to the parking structure for the days we are going to California Adventure? Are the lines to get in to CA basically nothing because everyone is busy trying to get into DL for a BG? Before RotR we would always be at the gates one hour before opening. I’d like to do the same this time.

M&F opens 90 minutes before park opening (so 30 minutes before EMH/MM). If you cruise through the Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*, people have been posting what time the gates open on MM/EMH days and how long the lines are. Just look back through the most recent pages by date, looking for dates that had MM/EMH. If you are used to being at the gates one hour before opening for DCA, stick to that schedule. For DL, be there earlier to account for the extra crowds who are there for ROTR. Better to be a bit too early, than too late.

I follow that thread everyday. I’ve seen a lot of chatter about those arriving on a MM day but NOT using MM in regards to strategy for getting a BG for RotR. I also saw a few people ask what time to get to the gates for when they actually wanted to use MM, but never saw an answer to those questions. We usually stay at the BWPPI so what time to get to the gates isn’t really my question. I’m not used to dealing with parking and reading the latest reports it seems as if parking has become a much bigger problem since RotR opened. So I’m wondering what time to get to the parking to ensure we get to the gates when we want to.

Does the parking garage really only open 30 minutes before MM? It seems like it would be impossible to get to the gates in time if that’s the case.

I follow that thread everyday. I’ve seen a lot of chatter about those arriving on a MM day but NOT using MM in regards to strategy for getting a BG for RotR. I also saw a few people ask what time to get to the gates for when they actually wanted to use MM, but never saw an answer to those questions. We usually stay at the BWPPI so what time to get to the gates isn’t really my question. I’m not used to dealing with parking and reading the latest reports it seems as if parking has become a much bigger problem since RotR opened. So I’m wondering what time to get to the parking to ensure we get to the gates when we want to.

Does the parking garage really only open 30 minutes before MM? It seems like it would be impossible to get to the gates in time if that’s the case.
No one on that superthread has complained about NOT getting through the gates in time for a MM. Just make sure that you are lined up at a turnstile that has a MM/EMH sign above it. (These seem to be the middle gates.) People have posted in that superthread about parking at TS, thinking they weren't going to make it in time, and still being able to get through the gates for MM in time. I would assume the same would be true for M&F, especially since you'd have the choice either to take the tram or to walk through DTD if that looked faster. People have posted that even though they got to the parking lots earlier than the 90 minute pre-park opening time/30 minute pre-MM/EMH time, they had to wait in a line until the booths opened. They were not allowed to park earlier than that. Once the booths opened, paying (if necessary) and parking was easy and fairly quick.

Doesn’t the TS lot open one hour before published opening? So that would mean TS opens at 7am for a 7am MM/8am regular opening day. So how is anybody parking at TS and making it to the gates for MM? I’m not trying to be rude, hopefully I’m not coming across that way. But that one really has me scratching my head.

Doesn’t the TS lot open one hour before published opening? So that would mean TS opens at 7am for a 7am MM/8am regular opening day. So how is anybody parking at TS and making it to the gates for MM? I’m not trying to be rude, hopefully I’m not coming across that way. But that one really has me scratching my head.
The Toy Story lot also opens 90 min before reg park opening.

They both open 90 minutes before park open currently, so yes, that’s 30 minutes before MM.

Even before ROTR, it’s always been a challenge to park and make it to MM. That’s why so many people stay close enough to walk! You can also try Uber.

In this video he says at 3:50 into the video that Toy Story opens one hour before park opening? There are lots of posts on here saying the same.🧐

I don’t believe this is accurate. The lots open 90 minutes prior to the EARLIEST opening. So if mm starts at 8 the lots open at 630. It’s on the website This is how it has worked when we go.

They both open 90 minutes before park open currently, so yes, that’s 30 minutes before MM.

Even before ROTR, it’s always been a challenge to park and make it to MM. That’s why so many people stay close enough to walk! You can also try Uber.

I’m beginning to see that now. 😞 We have always stayed close enough to walk. The only reason we didn’t this time is because we have a group of 15 and we got an Airbnb house for all of us to be in together. I knew it would add an element of difficulty with the parking, but I didn’t realize it could mean missing MM!😭 I always assumed opening 90 minutes before park opening meant 90 minutes before MM.

Uber isn’t an option since we have toddlers who require booster seats. We looked into that option extensively. Plus I’m wary of 15 of us trying to get an Uber at 6am. How feasible would that be really?

Do you think this is just a temporary thing because of RotR? We’ll be there mid March. Also, what time did you make it to the gates that day? If you remember that is.
Not sure about how temporary it is.

There were no busses for awhile (which is why I took that 6:47am photo). Then like 10 rolled in all at once. We arrived at security at 7:10am and lucked out because they opened a new lane and ushered us into it, or else that would have taken probably 10 minutes based on the lines.

I took a picture of Main Street at 7:31.

That’s everything I have a time stamp for.

Not sure about how temporary it is.

There were no busses for awhile (which is why I took that 6:47am photo). Then like 10 rolled in all at once. We arrived at security at 7:10am and lucked out because they opened a new lane and ushered us into it, or else that would have taken probably 10 minutes based on the lines.

I took a picture of Main Street at 7:31.

That’s everything I have a time stamp for.

So definitely not on time for a MM.

So definitely not on time for a MM.
No, but perhaps you could arrive at the lot at 6:15 and be line the car line, and you’d likely make most of the MM.

You have a way better chance with that working at Toy Story because less people use it and people don’t even know it’s open that early right now.

The M&F lot notoriously has cars lined up well before 6 on a lot of MM Saturdays.

No, but perhaps you could arrive at the lot at 6:15 and be line the car line, and you’d likely make most of the MM.

You have a way better chance with that working at Toy Story because less people use it and people don’t even know it’s open that early right now.

The M&F lot notoriously has cars lined up well before 6 on a lot of MM Saturdays.

We would be using our MM on a Thursday. But yes, I’ve heard the same about M&F. I don’t want to waste any of our MM though. We always thoroughly enjoy that entire hour. It sounds like we either need to find a portable booster seat option and use Uber or find a hotel to park at on Harbour.

We would be using our MM on a Thursday. But yes, I’ve heard the same about M&F. I don’t want to waste any of our MM though. We always thoroughly enjoy that entire hour. It sounds like we either need to find a portable booster seat option and use Uber or find a hotel to park at on Harbour.
Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter