What things do you do to start your trip and what’s the last thing you do to end your trip

We usually start our trip at Epcot. We drive and we get in between 11 and 4 depending on traffic and weather. It is great taking in the countries of the world while we wait for our room. It really gets us in our vacation mode. We usually end the trip at Disney Springs to spend off anything left on our gift cards or Disney visa points.
first day I wipe down room, run to publix for weeks groceries ( with a list), we get publix chicken mac and cheese and a fruit salad for dinner from publix so no one has to cook. Next someone heads to pool with kids and I meal prep for the week. by 8 pm I am set for the week, and only have to pop things in oven for 30 min. or in crockpot for the day. one tip, get a couple gallons of water at publix... DO not drink the tap water. and your coffee will be chlorine flavored.

We usually start our trip at Epcot. We drive and we get in between 11 and 4 depending on traffic and weather. It is great taking in the countries of the world while we wait for our room. It really gets us in our vacation mode. We usually end the trip at Disney Springs to spend off anything left on our gift cards or Disney visa points.
first day I wipe down room, run to publix for weeks groceries ( with a list), we get publix chicken mac and cheese and a fruit salad for dinner from publix so no one has to cook. Next someone heads to pool with kids and I meal prep for the week. by 8 pm I am set for the week, and only have to pop things in oven for 30 min. or in crockpot for the day. one tip, get a couple gallons of water at publix... DO not drink the tap water. and your coffee will be chlorine flavored.

Growing up, my family stayed at OWK and typically arrived around dinnertime. Our tradition was to go to Disney Springs and usually get sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich 😀 then we'd go to World of Disney etc and look at the stores at Disney Springs.

We still haven't grown up 😊. When we arrive we still go to DS for Earl of Sandwich, walk around and tour the shops, then finish the evening with Ghirardelli ice cream and chocolate. Although, this next trip I am thinking we may replace Ghirardelli with Gideon's.

Last day typically involves a family meal and fireworks. My favorite is EPCOT and eating our way around the world.

P.S. for Purdue Todd - Boiler Up!

We still haven't grown up 😊. When we arrive we still go to DS for Earl of Sandwich, walk around and tour the shops, then finish the evening with Ghirardelli ice cream and chocolate. Although, this next trip I am thinking we may replace Ghirardelli with Gideon's.

Last day typically involves a family meal and fireworks. My favorite is EPCOT and eating our way around the world.

P.S. for Purdue Todd - Boiler Up!
My gold and black gear is right next to my Mickey gear!!

After decades of WDW trips we started a new tradition! Arrival Day, NO park tix. Nothing but relaxation, drinks, (discovered Geyser Pt finally), music (evening at Raglan Road) and people watching. This sure beat rushing from airport, dropping bags and hitting a park! Granted, my kids are older...
Leaving, as we pull our bags out of the villa, one of us literally says "goodbye beautiful home" as we all try not to weep.

Arrival day and departure day, no parks. Other than that it depends on our flight times. If we arrive earlier in the day we'll likely head to Disney Springs to hang out or we may do a little resort hopping, depending on what we feel like doing for lunch/dinner. If it's more toward late afternoon/evening when we arrive we just relax at the resort. Get some QS for dinner and either do pool time or just rest in the room and plan out what we want to do the following day.

Departure day, we try for an evening flight so we can spend the day at Disney Springs, souvenir shopping. I like to save that for last because World of Disney is my favorite. Also love to hit up the Co-Op and Basin.

my husband and i always start our trip at Epcot. We get an early flight, drop our bags off at the resort then hop on the bus to Epcot. we don't have an end of trip tradition except cry cuz we don't want to leave lol

We usually try to come in morning on a day and head straight to a park. By the time we get there it is late morning/early afternoon. Usually we pick Epcot because there is always something to see/do and of course eat around the countries. Then we can wait for our room is ready on the app and skip the check-ins. We'll usually hit a grocery store on the way back to our room before crashing.

Start: Arrive, immediate drinks at the Gurgle (OKW), pool day.
Day before flying home: MK. Nostalgic. Popcorn out front of the castle. One last Mickey bar. Wave “see ya real soon,” to the gang & back to OKW to pack.

On the one hand, I wish we had some sort of arrival & departure traditions, but planning each trip separately does have its charms 😉

We usually visit MK or EP on arrival day, depending on where we’re staying... and we unpack our magical blue box, so that we can have espresso in our room the next morning ☕🥰

On our last day, we always book the very last flight of the day & enjoy every minute before we have to leave... I must say I’m going to miss the crazy DME, bc it always ended the trip with a “plan to see you soon” kinda feeling ☺️😉

We usually kick things off by starting our arrival day with dinner at the hoop dee do. I hope it comes back soon. We end our trip with one last run through the gift shop

We usually arrive at our resort around 1pm, and we have a 3:30 or so reservation at the MK at LTT. It is our tradition to walk down Main Street and take it all in, then go to our relaxing dinner at LTT. After getting up at 3am to catch flights, we are won out. We do a few rides and go back to our resort early to rest up.
Last day is usually a very early flight, so we are up at 3 again and out the door.
The day before could qualify as last day, so we visit our favorite parks, shop, and enjoy our resort before leaving.

My first day tradition is to just take a long walk outside. i Just enjoy soaking up the scenery at whatever resort I am staying at ,

Starts with crazed packing early the morning of the flight, drive to airport as tensions rise, blah blah blah fingernails digging into arm rest through takeoff and landing, race to DME so as not to miss imaginary bus that is just leaving in my head, arrive at resort and drop bags at bell services, then stare blankly around trying to figure out which way to go for the next move... bathrooms?, bus to parks?, some questionable quick service meal before all the rest? Meet family somewhere, eventually check in, get bathing suits on and make our way to the pool. Pool bar. Fruity drink with umbrella.
Done.
End of the trip is basically the same thing backwards.

A truer post has never existed.

We usually start with a trip to Blaze Pizza, and always end with breakfast at Boma (except for this year as Boma will be closed 😭).

For 10+ years we used to start with happy hour at Tutu Tango but then their quality crashed (such a shame, we loved it).
We still end with Earl sandwiches - buying some for lunch and dinner before we hit the road.
We are in search of a new off-property (or on) first-day restaurant/bar (no park tix).

For 10+ years we used to start with happy hour at Tutu Tango but then their quality crashed (such a shame, we loved it).
We still end with Earl sandwiches - buying some for lunch and dinner before we hit the road.
We are in search of a new off-property (or on) first-day restaurant/bar (no park tix).

Geyser Point @ WL
Jock Lindsey’s @ Disney Springs

We start by staying at the resort and relaxing. The last day we end at MK and take final ride on Pirates of the Caribbean before heading home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter