What things do you do to start your trip and what’s the last thing you do to end your trip

Growing up, my family stayed at OWK and typically arrived around dinnertime. Our tradition was to go to Disney Springs and usually get sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich 😀 then we'd go to World of Disney etc and look at the stores at Disney Springs.

We usually start our trip at Epcot. We drive and we get in between 11 and 4 depending on traffic and weather. It is great taking in the countries of the world while we wait for our room. It really gets us in our vacation mode. We usually end the trip at Disney Springs to spend off anything left on our gift cards or Disney visa points.

We usually start our trip at Epcot. We drive and we get in between 11 and 4 depending on traffic and weather. It is great taking in the countries of the world while we wait for our room. It really gets us in our vacation mode. We usually end the trip at Disney Springs to spend off anything left on our gift cards or Disney visa points.
We actually are doing that on our next trip, going to Epcot after checking in. Where would you recommend grabbing dinner??

We actually are doing that on our next trip, going to Epcot after checking in. Where would you recommend grabbing dinner??
We like Germany. Pre-Covid, it was nice to meet other people and hear about their experience. Plus beer, music and a buffet that all our family could find something they like. We will be there on Sunday, so it will be interesting to see what it will be like.

We like Germany. Pre-Covid, it was nice to meet other people and hear about their experience. Plus beer, music and a buffet that all our family could find something they like. We will be there on Sunday, so it will be interesting to see what it will be like.
Let us know, would love to hear about your experiences.

First thing is to make a pot of coffee and sit on the balcony enjoying a cup. Favorite views are the Skyliner(RIV, BWV), lake(CC,BLT).
When we leave... getting that last load of clean laundry out of the dryer 🤩. Nothing like being able to return home and unpack clean clothes.

Starts with crazed packing early the morning of the flight, drive to airport as tensions rise, blah blah blah fingernails digging into arm rest through takeoff and landing, race to DME so as not to miss imaginary bus that is just leaving in my head, arrive at resort and drop bags at bell services, then stare blankly around trying to figure out which way to go for the next move... bathrooms?, bus to parks?, some questionable quick service meal before all the rest? Meet family somewhere, eventually check in, get bathing suits on and make our way to the pool. Pool bar. Fruity drink with umbrella.
Done.
End of the trip is basically the same thing backwards.

Starts with crazed packing early the morning of the flight, drive to airport as tensions rise, blah blah blah fingernails digging into arm rest through takeoff and landing, race to DME so as not to miss imaginary bus that is just leaving in my head, arrive at resort and drop bags at bell services, then stare blankly around trying to figure out which way to go for the next move... bathrooms?, bus to parks?, some questionable quick service meal before all the rest? Meet family somewhere, eventually check in, get bathing suits on and make our way to the pool. Pool bar. Fruity drink with umbrella.
Done.
End of the trip is basically the same thing backwards.
That’s. All of this.

We start and end our trip with Epcot. We usually stay at Boardwalk so it’s an easy walk to Epcot when we arrive. Lots of food options and don’t have to worry about missing an ADR due to flight delays. On the day we leave, I prefer to be within walking distance of the resort so we don’t miss the Tragical Express (RIP) due to bus delays.
I’ve just realized I plan a lot around imagined transportation delays 🤔

The start of our trip varies depending on when we get in. We always end our trip with a drink from AbracadaBar while sitting on the Boardwalk, and one last stroll through ScreenDoor in case there are any souvenirs that we "have to" have!

Our routine kinda fell into place. Pack the night before, clean the house and go to bed, staying awake almost all night. Up at 6:00am, Shower, get dressed and load the car while the wife and girls get ready. Drive 4 hours, stop and eat at Texas Roadhouse and drink a few beers. Wife takes over driving till we arrive 3 hours later between 3:30 and 4:00. Head to Epcot, have to ride Figment first since it's my youngest ones favorite. We always have a dinner reserved somewhere at Epcot. Usually San Angel or Teppan Edo. Last day, Dinner at resort, relax in the room, pack and usually play Uno or some other game till bed time. We head out early the next morning.

Our routine kinda fell into place. Pack the night before, clean the house and go to bed, staying awake almost all night. Up at 6:00am, Shower, get dressed and load the car while the wife and girls get ready. Drive 4 hours, stop and eat at Texas Roadhouse and drink a few beers. Wife takes over driving till we arrive 3 hours later between 3:30 and 4:00. Head to Epcot, have to ride Figment first since it's my youngest ones favorite. We always have a dinner reserved somewhere at Epcot. Usually San Angel or Teppan Edo. Last day, Dinner at resort, relax in the room, pack and usually play Uno or some other game till bed time. We head out early the next morning.
Nothing better than coming home to a clean house, and having clean clothes to unpack when you get home!!

Our usual... but doesn't always happen depending on the situation, is to go straight to Hollywood Studios and ride RnR. Both my now adult kids love HS in general and RnR is an all time fav ride for them with so many great memories over the years.
The last thing that seems to happen is my daughter hugging a pillIMG_4192.JPGar at the resort while waiting for the ME to pick us up. She never wants to leave. Or leaving day usually involves going to which ever park is closest to our resort and riding a few more rides and buying a few more snacks for the plane ride home.

When my DS were children, we had a set routine.

Flight would arrive early afternoon, we’d make our way to resort & hope room was ready. Usually, wound up dropping bags & taking a leisurely stroll through whatever resort to get a lay of the land.

then, would head to TTC. Take a full loop on the monorail & back around to dinner at Chef Mickey, food was good then lol

Last day, would always be MK, with me usually fighting tears on way out, duh.

These days, I like to keep it fresh & switch things up on our WDW trips. Something different every time, even if it’s something small. Prepark reservation days, sometimes i’d Not be concerned with making advance FP res the first day and play it by ear as to which park we’d visit. Always had fun, even if mostly non e-ticket rides. Did miss that flexibility the last two trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter