What stores/chains take expired coupons??

myprincessgirlisa

DFTW 12/4/97
I was at walmart over the weekend & used a bunch of coupons & a few were expired (ex:5/24/08) & the girl gave them back to me & said they dont take them??
i went up to customer service & they said they dont take them ??

funny thing is that i DID have a coupon or 2 that expired 6/1/08 & those went thru fine, but not the ones in may???
& i know ive had a coupon or 2 that ive used in the past that were expired!

so my question is, WHAT stores or retail chains take expired coupons & which ones dont??

:confused3

I know this isn't a retail store but....Chick-Fil-A does.

Our Stop and shop does, will take very very expired coupons, but whenever I have expired ones I go through a self check out if at all possible (I actually did yesterday and they went through fine). Also my local CVS will take expired coupons and ECB's if they are within a week or two.

If it is a manufacturer's coupon I am surprised that any store will take it. Once the coupon is expired the manufacturer will not reimburse the store for the coupon, if the store accepts the coupon they have to cover the discount themselves. So if you know that your coupon has expired and you use it anyway (like at a self checkout) it is a bit like stealing from the store.

If it is a manufacturer's coupon I am surprised that any store will take it. Once the coupon is expired the manufacturer will not reimburse the store for the coupon, if the store accepts the coupon they have to cover the discount themselves. So if you know that your coupon has expired and you use it anyway (like at a self checkout) it is a bit like stealing from the store.

That's not necessarily true. I know the store that my DM worked for only submitted coupons for reimbursement quarterly (they are a small local drugstore.) Whenever the coupons are submitted in bulk for reimbursement, it is already well past the expiration date, and they only had problems if it seemed that they had too many coupons for normal store stock - no problems with the dates.

Bed, Bath & Beyond has told me, on more than one occasion, that they will take their 20% off coupons after they expire...as in, they never expire so bring 'em on in. :cool1:

did the coupons just expire or was it a while ago? maybe bec they have to submit them to the manufacturer for reimbursement??

i know my local gorcery store chain "Jewel/Osco" will take expired ones
&
Ive seen several "articles" in magazines about saving money & one thing some mention is that some places "do" take expired coupons to keep your business of buying from them

i just wondered which ones "do" & which ones "dont"

the coupons i used were only about 2 weeks expired....i wasnt trying to pass off a coupon from 2007/2006...im not that crazy:lmao:

I just found out that Yankee Candle will take the email coupons for at least 30 days after they expire. I offhandedly mentioned that I had the $10 of $35 coupon but that it expired Monday. . .and the sweet clerk filled me in that it was still good. SWEET!! So I got $127 worth of stuff (pre-annual sale price)for $42 and change.

And BBB will only use 20% off TOTAL purchase coupons if they are are not expired- if they are expired it is 20% off one item. You can also use BBB at Linen and Things and vice versa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter