What snacks do you take?

Ellie Webbs

DIS Veteran
We are flying next April and staying in AKL. We do have the dining plan but are mostly doing 2 credit dining for the experience and to save time.
Travelling with DH who is let's say 'sensitive' to low blood sugar (he owns a tshirt that's says 'I'm sorry for what I said when I was hangry') can be a challenge when often we prioritise rides or sleep over food.
Last time I took some cereal bars but after the first week he got really fed up of them.

So what do you guys take? I'm primarily looking for the 3 stress points of a normal Disney day; early breakfast time, 3.30pm lull and the 'we didn't have dinner before powering through and watching fireworks' late night snack

I take a few cereal bars in the backpack for in-park emergencies, though there is usually something that you can use snack credits on within 10 metres of you , then get a grocery order delivered for when I arrive which has things like muffins that he will eat for breakfast in the room or on the way to a park... I order the little cereal pots and some milk for me as I like to attempt one meal per day that isn't 100% sugar! :rotfl2:

I take a few cereal bars in the backpack for in-park emergencies, though there is usually something that you can use snack credits on within 10 metres of you , then get a grocery order delivered for when I arrive which has things like muffins that he will eat for breakfast in the room or on the way to a park... I order the little cereal pots and some milk for me as I like to attempt one meal per day that isn't 100% sugar! :rotfl2:
Not 100% sugar??? Once a day???

Very ambitious in Disney 😂😂😂😂

:love:We take chocolate biscuits and cereal bars too🥰 I’m seriously contemplating taking some of those little Robinson’s SquashD bottles to make the Florida tap water a little less disgusting to taste.
We do usually pick up anything of the pastry family with a good shelf life on from the resort shop. We eat those with a coffee later in the day as a “pick me up” treat.

:love:We take chocolate biscuits and cereal bars too🥰 I’m seriously contemplating taking some of those little Robinson’s SquashD bottles to make the Florida tap water a little less disgusting to taste.
We do usually pick up anything of the pastry family with a good shelf life on from the resort shop. We eat those with a coffee later in the day as a “pick me up” treat.
You can order gallon bottles of spring water that fit in the Disney fridges for like $2 each... we put a load of those on our grocery delivery and then fill our bottles before we go out. Helps avoid the tap water!

I've been thinking about the mini robinsons things. Florida water is an acquired taste 🤢🤢🤢🤢

I’ve wondered about using a delivery service. We have never done that before and while we are staying at AKL I know some of the food items may be a little limited to me I can’t eat anything with curry in it but I’m ok with coriander and turmeric in small quantities. I’d have to do a dummy rum to see if it’s worth using a delivery service first.

I’ve wondered about using a delivery service. We have never done that before and while we are staying at AKL I know some of the food items may be a little limited to me I can’t eat anything with curry in it but I’m ok with coriander and turmeric in small quantities. I’d have to do a dummy rum to see if it’s worth using a delivery service first.
I've thought the same with bottled water and getting some wine for us to have in the room. First time in a while having a balcony and I want to use it!

I've thought the same with bottled water and getting some wine for us to have in the room. First time in a while having a balcony and I want to use it!
We use Garden Grocer, it’s not cheap but they’ve always been reliable and they’re the only one (that I know of) that will leave alcohol if you’re not there, so if your flight is late or you’re in a park you don’t need to worry. You just scan them a copy of your ID first.

From AKL you are so close to either the Walmart on Lake Wilson road or the Super Target at Rolling Oaks, I bet it wouldn't cost a lot to Uber there and back and pick up your supplies

And across the road from Target is a Publix AND many fine eating places .

Millers Ale House , Longhorn Steak house , Texas Roadhouse , Olive Gardens , Sweet Tomatoes etc All

within 500 meters . of Target on Hwy 192 & a mile or so from Walmart

If you bring say cereal bars or tea bags do they have to be declared at the airport? I'm not sure if it's worth the extra hassle!

If you bring say cereal bars or tea bags do they have to be declared at the airport? I'm not sure if it's worth the extra hassle!
You just declare it on your little declaration list you write on the plane. I always keep a list in my hand luggage of exactly what I've packed and have never been challenged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter