What smells remind you of WDW

k8Davies

K8Davies
now I know the title is weird but I’m weird so it’s okay lol..:crazy2:

So today in the UK it’s a beautiful bank holiday, it’s 26 degrees C thinks that’s round 78 - 79 (aka a mild day in Florida) don’t judge we don’t get sun that often. :beach:

So any who, this morning I went swimming with my son at the local pool (or as we call swimming baths)

Then this afternoon we decided to sit out in the garden so I sprayed him with suntan lotion and because it was between lunchtime and dinner he had some popcorn to snack on while I hung out our swim stuff to dry..

Honestly the combination of chlorine, popcorn and sunscreen had me thinking I was in Disney.. I closed my eye and was transported from my little garden in Kent to Florida..

Can’t be just me (but if it is I promise to seek professional help :hyper:) but does anyone else have triggers that transport them to Disney..

Now I’m wondering if I could get those combinations of smell made into a scent, not to wear :tongue: but when I’m having a crappy day at work, I could whip it out take a wiff and imagine myself on Main Street

Last edited:
Good question, @k8Davies , and glad you got to be transported, at least for a little while.

For me I have to say the #1 sensory thing that always brings me back is actually a SOUND. When I hear seagulls, or a boat horn, I am totally taken back to my first time being on the Friendship Boat, going to the Beach Club. There were a bunch of seagulls flying around (they actually used to have "bird food" dispensers on the dock there, which they WISELY removed!). Seeing the magnificent Yacht and Beach Clubs for the first time, hearing those birds and that boat horn, feeling the warm sunshine (thank God not hot and humid!), and feeling relaxed, at peace, and like all was right with the world (and World!) is a feeling I feel every time I hear those sounds!!! Mooooo-saaaaaaaaah!!! :) :)

I used to get a nostalgic Disney feeling every time an Air Conditioner blasted. It reminded me of when I was little, riding the monorails before they started falling apart. They always had this distinct air conditioner smell.

The No Ad brand sunscreen, to me, smells EXACTLY like the lobby at Bay Lake Tower!
Also, anytime I smell that perfume they sell in Norway (I think its called Laila), I'm immediately reminded of Epcot. Well, that and a charcoal grill, which smells like the great library of Alexandria getting burned to the ground in Spaceship Earth! lol

When I took my little brother a few years ago we bought an air freshener to remind us of our trip. We chose "Pink Sands" by Yankee Candle and it does indeed remind us of our trip every time we smell it! We try to use it sparingly to keep that alive and will continue the tradition in the future. :)

This will maybe sound weird, BUT there is small Foster Farms chicken manufacturing place near the office building where I work. A couple of times a month they make corn dogs. When it's warm and sunny and I am out for a walk and that corn dog scent wafts by, I can close my eyes and feel like I'm walking down Main Street in Disneyland...

In my backyard I have a boat ride that takes me through several scenes featuring audio-animatronic pirates, and the musty smell of that boat ride reminds me of an attraction they have at the Magic Kingdom: "Pirates of the Caribbean".

Smells are so important to memories.

UK here too and had a chance to put on sunscreen recently and it always reminds me of vacations.
Salted popcorn works for me, the only time I ever used to eat salted was at WDW.

I've seen a lot of those candles that are meant to have smells resembling the different areas or attractions of WDW, has anyone bought one before? Do the smells remind you of the area/attraction?

There are a few smells I love in particular,

The Grand Floridian Lobby.. never smelt it anywhere else but I wish I have.
All the water rides and fountains have that bromine small which you very rarely smell anywhere else in the world but when you do.. it instantly transports me to Pirates and the general Pirates queue.
The general Disney smell. Its like amazing florida air combined with a hint of stagnant water, hint of bleach, hint of bromine, hint of maple syrup and popcorn which just screams Disney.

There's a certain store in town, it's an older building, and the smell of the ventilation system is almost exactly that of the smell inside Space Mountain. I love that smell and it always hits me instantly when I go in there. Whenever someone cuts open an orange and I get a whiff, I feel like I'm in those orange groves on the original Soarin' attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!