What smells remind you of WDW

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by k8Davies, May 7, 2018.

1. luvthemouse71

luvthemouse71 Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

I like this idea. I’ve been playing with aromatherapy lately so I’m going to try to make some Disney blends..

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  2. luvthemouse71

The Pink Sugar scent at Basin smells almost exactly like when you walk by the candy shoppe at Magic Kingdom.

disneydeal likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. luvthemouse71

Ditto for the water ride smell.

5. KingLlama

KingLlama My car finished 3rd on Radiator Springs Racers.

I've seen this mentioned several times over the years. Am I the only one who has never noticed a distinct smell in that section?

Maybe it's because I wear "Burning Rome" cologne and I smell it all the time on myself.

6. MonorailNate

MonorailNate Mouseketeer

Every time I peel an orange, I think of Soarin.

FroZone the Pirate likes this.
  7. Horizons-1

Horizons-1 Earning My Ears

Next time you visit be sure to not where your "cologne", and ride on the left side of the vehicle. Lean over as far as you can once you see the rubble and get a nice whiff.

k8Davies likes this.
  8. Yo Ho Yo Ho!

Yo Ho Yo Ho! Earning My Ears

The water ride smell and cotton candy.

9. k8Davies

k8Davies K8Davies

Can't believe they discussed Smells of Disney on this weeks Best and Worst -

Now I know they record them in advance so I sure this is just one of those amazing co-inky-dink and Great Minds think alike.

Although now I am desperate to get back on Spaceship earth as I need to smell this fire smell. As I honestly can't remember there ever being a smell.

10. MrPTato

MrPTato DIS Veteran

I have a scented marker that I bought a few years back. It smells just the like collapse of Rome scene in Spaceship Earth. Love smelling it every few months. I have never used it to write anything either. :crazy2:

Melissa Perez and SorcererHeidi like this.
  11. peteykirch

peteykirch DIS Veteran

FroZone the Pirate likes this.
  12. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

Spencer Wright likes this.
  13. VandVsmama

VandVsmama DIS Veteran

The Pirates of the Caribbean smell at Disneyland. Every time I smell that somewhere, I instantly relax and it brings me mentally back to my happy place.

Not a smell, but music...somewhere I read about Visions Fantastic Radio, which has a channel on the "Tune In" smart phone app. They play nothing but Disney music. When I'm having an especially frustrating day, I listen to that. Well, that or Disney Chris's music podcasts on his website.

14. indoshakespeare

indoshakespeare Reach out and find your Happily Ever After

Bromine water. There's a hotel in Singapore that uses Bromine instead of Chlorine for their fountain. I immediately thought "It smells like Disneyland water"

15. Elizabeth Smith

Elizabeth Smith DIS Veteran

The smell of dirt reminds me of Soarin'. LOL.

I didn't grow up going to Disney, so I don't have a lot of those trigger smells. I grew up going to Kings Island in Mason, OH. Anytime I smell a combination of hot tar, axle grease, and chili/gross pizza, I'm transported.

ambellina and SorcererHeidi like this.
  16. SorcererHeidi

I'm kind of the same way, @Elizabeth Smith - did not get to WDW or DL until I was an adult. I grew up with Playland, in Rye, NY being my theme park, we went every single summer, multiple times, and it was totally enough for me growing up, didn't even know there WERE Disney parks. The smell of the "love boat ride" there, which was like a whiff of wet rope and railroad ties (weird, I know, but best way I can verbalize it!) always brings me back there, when/if I smell it. Can't say I've really noticed that smell @ Pirates per se, but will DEFINITELY make sure to pay closer attention whenever I get back.

samsteele and Elizabeth Smith like this.
  17. KingLlama

KingLlama My car finished 3rd on Radiator Springs Racers.

Anyone else a little bothered by the fact that @SorcererHeidi knows what wet rope smells like?

18. SorcererHeidi

;)

19. SeeDisney

SeeDisney <font color=red>I drove by my WAWA <br><font color

really no smells, but i can attest that certain background songs reminds me instantly of future side of Epcot right away. Just a certain melody will bring me to Epcot. Sorry to the op about not enough sun...

20. wnwardii

wnwardii Mouseketeer

Sometimes when I go to my local Super Target and I am walking by their snack area I smell caramel popcorn. Each and every time I smell this I am reminded of the Karamelle-Kuche shop in the Germany Pavilion at Epcot. The irony is that I don't think I have ever bought the caramel popcorn at Epcot.

21. k8Davies

k8Davies K8Davies

OMG I love the smell of that shop.

Often when I'm in WDW I just pop in just inhale in the smell (to be fair the queue is always so long so normally don't buy anything)