What restaurants do you regret eating at?

I preface this with to each his own... I don't regret going to Chef Mickey's for breakfast, but it's not one of the ones I would go back to (and it's not a dislike of buffets in general).

It was good, but I'm not crazy about the contemporary generally. Going once was good enough for me, and it certainly was easy to get to from the WL.

I don't really regret eating at any one restaurant inparticular, since I do think it's only fair to try each restaurant at least once before having some kind of opinion on it. But I guess I'd say Nine Dragons. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything special, and I can get the same kind of food at home for half the price.

Thanks for asking. Thankfully no! :cool1:

Our list is:
California Grill
Whispering Canyon
Mama Melrose
Teppan Edo
Biergarten
Kona
Crystal Palace - dinner
Le Cellier - lunch
Les Chef's du France
Wolf Gang Puck
Grand Floridian
1900 Park Fare - breakfast

Out of these we have never eatean at Kona, California Grill, Whispering Canyon, Le Cellier, Les Chef's du France, Grand Floridian & Wolf Gang Puck.

We've eaten at about half of your list. The only one we will not go back to is Whispering Canyon. It was a greasy mess and we all felt sick after eating there. I don't like my potatoes swimming in grease. The milkshakes were good though, but they put whipped cream on them which makes them really heavy. I think that might have been what made us feel so sick. We didn't overeat.

Hate Chef Mickey's dinner - all mushy casserole dishes and Tony's Town Square food was overpriced for the quality at lunch.

We love Biergarten, Kona and 1900 breakfast from your list; also love Cape May Cafe for any meal, 50's primetime for lunch and dinner, Plaza for lunch, Trail's End buffet for dinner.

Remember, it's all opinion. You have to decide for yourself.

Wolfgang Pucks - because all 4 people in our party all got sick after eating there :sick:

I just want to point out that statements like these are really just guesses. People say things like this all the time and the fact is that it's almost impossible to know for sure what the source of the illness was. Some types of food poisoning can take several days to cause symptoms, so unless you get tested and find out exactly what you had, there's no way to no for sure what caused it. And it's also just as likely that the illness wasn't even caused by food. It could just as easily have been something that was picked up from another guest or some other source.

We've had some meals that we didn't love, but the only one I actually regret doing was our dinner at 1900 Park Fare. I regret it because the hostess was incredibly rude to us, and we still ate there. We should have walked out.

She led our group of four (two of whom were large men) to a tiny table next to a door where the wait staff comes in and out of the restaurant. I asked if she had another table, and her reply in a very hostile tone of voice was "It's all we have! Take it or take nothing!"

I wish I said, "O.K., nothing." The food was terrible--the desserts were good and I love their strawberry soup, but the entrees were bland and poorly prepared. We had to be very careful in getting up or sitting down so that we didn't bump into any wait staff as they rushed in and out of the door that took up one corner of our rickety table. My husband had one near-miss collision with a waiter carrying a pot of coffee. :scared1:

It was bad. Really bad.

50's Prime Time was our worst experience in recent memory. The food was just so-so and the service was awful. We won't be returning there anytime soon.

That's us too. The pot roast was so salty I almost couldn't eat it. I hated the whole schtick they do, but could have handled it if we didn't have to wait 20 minutes after being seated to be waited on, never got refills on sodas, etc. I can't imagine going back there again. :sad2:

Chef Mickeys.

Food is good, but it is ordinary buffet stuff and very very overpriced. Basically paid $125 for seven of us (5 kids) to eat pizza, hot dogs, meatloaf and ice cream.

Noisy.
Characters frightened my younger kids to death.
Long wait (45 minutes+) even with our ADR.

I would have to say the restaurant I regret eating at is the Maya Grill at the Coronado Springs Resort. My mom and I ate there about 4 years ago for the first time. The food was just average with very little taste. The worst part however, was the service. We had planned to eat and head back to MK for the fireworks, but that didn't happen. It took us over 2 hours from start to finish and we only had entrees and dessert and the restaurant was only half full. The kitchen was extremely slow and the server had no idea how to handle it. When our food finally came, the baked potato I ordered was hard as a rock so I had to wait more to get some mashed potatoes. We have considered giving it another try, but just are not sure we want to risk wasting several hours again.

We all hated Tutto. No one in our party was pleased with the meal. Way over priced. Not what I had expected at all.
We also unanimously hated Coral Reef. Again, food was OK but way way way over priced. I expected better. I live in NY close to the water and we have a ton of fab seafood place so maybe my expectations (and the rest of the party) was just set too high. I dunno.
Marrakesh was OK. I was hoping for more but it was a little bland. Not the authentic cuisine I had wanted. Reviews on this place was split.

The last lunch at Le Cellier several months ago was a huge disappointment. I didn't know someone could screw up a hamburger like they did. I'm told they have since gone back to the original that was one of the best, but I'll have to see it to believe it.

A few months earlier, Sci-Fi Dine-in was a disappointment. The burgers weren't too bad, but a friend had to send her chicken sandwich back twice because it wasn't cooked through.

The only regret about Liberty Tree Tavern awhile back was I didn't realize the chicken and dumplings was actually a soup with "slippery dumplings."

We went up to the California Grill once and left as soon as we looked over the menu. Nothing, and I do mean nothing for someone who eats normal food, plus it was noisy. We liked it when it was the Top of the World.

just a note that I think the descriptions of a lot of the food at the California Grill are fancier than the food

for example: "Oak-fired Filet of Beef - Dauphinoise Potatoes with smoked bacon, ginger scented carrots, and teriyaki Barbecue " ... that's basically a dolled up steak with mashed potatoes

maybe just b/c that is our favorite restaurant but I wish you would have given it a chance

At the risk of creating a huge uproar: I regret going to Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast. Way too much money for eggs, french toast and a wand. My three DDs (10, 8, and 6) were sooo unimpressed.

Of course, had we not gone, I would not be able to look back fondly at the memory of my 6 and 8 year old getting into a wicked wand fight on the way out as we passed by all the little pretty princesses sitting nicely at their tables...:upsidedow

kinda surprised to see all the mention of Ohana's ... might it just be inconsistency with the cooking of the meat? I have read reviews where they got multiple skewers and some were dry and some were perfect.

oh, and the only place we have eaten at Disney that I will never go back to was Pecos Bill's. There was absolutely not flavor to everything - even the taco meat was completely bland and it was like chaos in the seating area.

At the risk of creating a huge uproar: I regret going to Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast.

Don't sweat it. Go back to page 2 and look at post #19. I hear ya. And when we went way back in 2001, we didn't even get a wand.

We were at WDW for 10 days at Christmas time and the worst restaurant we ate at was Chef Mickeys. My girls are big, 17 and 21 and we have eaten there every trip since they were toddlers, it is definitely time to give up that tradition!

At first I started reading this thread, and feeling nervous when I'd see places named which I have ADR's for my upcoming trip...but then I've seen just as many for places I've eaten at and loved. And I have lived in two major cities with a big food culture, and have had my share of wonderful and revolting meals at home. But, generally I have found nothing huge to complain about in any of the meals I've had at Disney! Maybe I should feel lucky?

The only negative memories I have with Disney food center around HS in general. I remember walking around in the evening with my husband on our last trip, looking for something for dinner, and finding nothing that appealed to us at all. Finally we ended up at ABC commissary and found something...I can't remember what...but I know we were kind of grossed out by it but ate it because we were just so hungry. I wish I could remember what it was!

At first I started reading this thread, and feeling nervous when I'd see places named which I have ADR's for my upcoming trip...but then I've seen just as many for places I've eaten at and loved.
Very good point. Its all very subjective, however for the fun of things, I'll post my picks!

For us its a two way tie between the Wave and Cali Grille.

Hated the Wave except for the passion fruit mojitos and CG was so noisy and disappointing as far as the atmosphere. My pork tenderloin was just nasty but dh got some sort of steak that was very good. I would definitely give CG another try but I just don't think the Wave's menu and cuisine style is our taste.

DH says the food court at POFQ for dinner. (He ate some cajun burger thing, and the shrimp was off).

Brown Derby. Wasn't worth the price for the food we got. Meh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter