• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What restaurants do you regret eating at?

I would def have to agree with Coral Reef! That was one i had always wanted to eat at and was sooo disappointed!

Also, Ohana for breakfast is very good but every time we have been there the service is so slow....so thats been officially crossed off the list.

Oh goodness, this is going to be like watching a train wreck happen, you can't help but watch! :eek: What if one of the restaurants I booked ADR's shows up, do I switch? :confused3 So I will just have to stand by & hope none of the restaurants I have chosen from our upcomning trip shows up. :surfweb:

:lmao: Bring on the trains!:rotfl: I'm pretty sure just about every restaurant will show up on this list.

Sometimes I think where you are seated in a restaurant can make a major difference in how you view the food, especially at a place like Marakkesh where you want to see the belly dancer, or coral reef where you want to see the tanks.

So our least favs and ones we won't give a second chance to are:

Tony's Town Square = bad table, bad service, bad food

Chef Mickey's = bad table location, not into buffets that much and it just didn't live up to the hype for us, not sure we regret going but won't be going back

Hollywood and Vine = didn't care for the food and atmosphere, did it as a Fantasmic dinner pkg.

ESPN = got food poisoning, enough said about that! :sick:

Marakesh in Morroco. Just wasn't what we thought. It could have just been what we ordered, but the food was bland, mine looked green,:scared: and we were seated next to the door, far from the dancer. However the service was fast and friendly, and the desert was good. My DD liked the lemon chicken, but that was it.

I would agree with the above, bland and not particularly authentic, although our experience was a number of years back. We booked it at the last minute for Candlelight Processional tickets for my mother in law. (She loved the CP by the way).

As someone who live in a good restaurant city (Portland Oregon) I would not bother with Nine Dragons either. I would just end up comparing it to local stuff that was better and MUCH less expensive.

I'll throw in some positives. I thought Cali Grill was worth the two credits, and we LOVED Boma. We thought Boma was the best buffet on property.

I haven't been to any restaurants in wdw that I would refuse to eat at but I don't have any desire to return to:

Coral Reef - overpriced and overrated
Sci-Fi Drive-in - fun once or twice but nothing special
Nine-Dragons - no different than the Chinese restaurants at home
San Angel - loved the atmosphere but the food was average

Interesting that these are mostly in Epcot?

For me the only place I can truly say I regret eating at was ABC Commissary. It was the most absolutely miserable, pathetic, and horrendous dining experience I have ever had in my life where I exchanged a legal currency in order to eat it. The cuban sandwich (thankful now off the menu) was horrible, and the burgers were not much better.

I also was very dissapointed in Le Cellier, but wouldn't say I regret going there. I just made the mistake of believing all the hype that this was going to be some incredible out of body experience that would be such a euphoric moment in my life. It turned out to be a slightly better than average steak much along the quality and likes of an Outback.

What makes Le Cellier a lasting memory of disappointment though was where we were seated. Right next to the entrance to the restrooms and between the server station for credit cards and the other server station for silverware. Constant sound of flushing, clanking of silverware, and servers complaining about tips and guests and thinking they were out of ears way was not a great experience. The worst though was the manager, when asked politely if we could seat elsewhere was told, "there is no where else, you will need to sit here or make another dining choice elsewhere".

I don't regret dining at any of them. Food is something too trivial to have regret over. However, there are restaurants I do not care for that I would never visit again.

For example:
Hollywood and Vine
Chef Mickey's
Coral Reef

La Hacienda de San Angel... the margarita was superb but my meal and appetizer were not so terrific..... Maybe it was just a bad night? All places can have that, I suppose! Also, the Yakitori House is not on my "to do"list again.... :)

OHana - tried it for breakfast and dinner. Horrible hostess each time - we waited over an hour past our ADR only to be told that smaller parties were seated last. Then when we finally got in, horrible service. Food was ok but nothing worth waiting an hour with a small child while we watched everyone else get seated who walked up to the podium even without ADRs. First time my DH ever asked to talk to a manager and he was at total waste (the manager, not my DH).

Hollywood & Vine - so gross. Bad food, dirty restaurant.

ABC Commissary - oh, so bad. Not much more to say.

There is only one restaurant that we really regretted in the two years we've been, and that was Captain Jacks in DTD last time around.

First year we went, it was great. Second time we returned, it was completely awful. No one got beyond the first bite of their meal before turning away from it in disgust, and that was saying something since my husband and kids were starving!!

On a lesser note, the other place that we likely will not return to is CP (breakfast). It was pretty expensive for a selection that was really bland (just in my opinion!) and most of the character did a tag drive by, but one who was super sweet.

1900 Park Fare (breakfast and dinner) although in the spirit of 'been there and done that' maybe I don't regret it just would never ever go back again - yucky food at both meals :(

So I regret the Coral Reef because I was not able to actually eat here..we went here 11 years ago and (because we never checked menus back then), got seated at a beautiful table, but ended up ordering water and pops because it was too expensive. It needs to have cheaper options.

My never agains:
Ohanas: had a bad experience for dinner in 2004, everything was extremely dry, the server was rude, and it was extremely hard to get any service, including the check, so we've never gone back even though everyone else we talk to seems to love it...

Chef Mickey's: We tried it with my parents in 2007 because my mom wanted a character experience. The tables were dirty, we got skipped on some of the characters due to the party rotation (never did figure that out), and both my husband and I got sick off the eggs...

My dessert only:
Coral Reef: we took all the negative reviews but wanted something in the shade for a break at Epcot, so we lucked into a mid afternoon reservation at Coral Reef. When the server found out we were only ordering dessert, he got a nasty attitude and made things very unpleasant. We had both had a wonderful dessert each (I had something chocolate, my husband had something similar to a fruit cobbler), and we talked to the manager on the way out.

Headache inducing....
Toy Story Pizza Planet: There's nothing really bad about the food (standard pizza in the world), it's just that for some reason the noise plus the lights have always given me a migraine that I cannot get rid of...

:hippie:

Marakesh in Morroco. Just wasn't what we thought. It could have just been what we ordered, but the food was bland, mine looked green,:scared: and we were seated next to the door, far from the dancer. However the service was fast and friendly, and the desert was good. My DD liked the lemon chicken, but that was it.

CS mommy... is this on your list?

We love Marraskesh. Its my husbands must do restaurant at Disney. That said you really have to be up for the food. It is very ethnic and includes spices we might not use regularly at home. I love lamb so Marrakesh is great for that. It might be too big of a leap for a child, but on our last trip we took a 5 and 4 yearold there and they did fine with the food.

CS: ABC Commissary. Never again, I'd rather starve than eat there. :sick:
TS: This one is tougher. I don't regret eating at CM but don't think we'll make it a priority to return there. Not for breakfast at any rate.

Not sure I would go back to Les Chefs de France. The food was kind of boring. I've had better French Onion Soup at The Grand Floridian Cafe.

Pecos Bills (twice). The first time, a toddler threw up all over the floor at the table next to us. The parents hightailed it out of there and didn't let anyone know about the mess. We let a CM know and then watched as several CMs argued about whose job it was to pick up the mess. We switched tables to finish our meal...some poor CM woman finally drew the short straw and had to clean it up. The second time I wanted to go to Columbia Harbor House but our fastpass return window for Splash Mt. was coming up so we decided to give Pecos Bills another try (after all the odds of history repeating itself were pretty slim), this time the food was just bad. I split a cheeseburger and caesar salad with my son. The burger was dry, the bun was like sawdust and the caesar salad was just okay, nothing special. Thankfully though the "atmosphere" was better this time...Next time we'll definitely skip this one.

Ours was 50s prime time. The food came out cold literally 5 minutes after ordering which means it was probably plated before we sat down. And we didn't get much interaction with our waitress, which I was looking forward to. I think it could be good, but we went on a bad night.

Yakitori House sushi was awful. Pre-packaged, bland, overpriced. Yuck.

I also thought Hollywood & Vine was dirty, but that was mostly because too many people let their kids to go the buffet unattended, and they spilled stuff everywhere. The food was tolerable.

Hmm....Not sure if "regret" is the right word, but we did definitely NOT enjoy Coral Reef in 2007...found everything to be bland and tastless, as well as overrated.

We were contemplating going back last trip, but the still mostly negative reviews kept me away..

Oh, and Chef Mickeys..As a PP stated, the place was filthy, and the food not good at all. (in our opinion).

We also found Jiko to be very overrated the second time around...

And Columbia Harbour house...very "blah".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter