• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what others rave about and you just dont get it

Vinylmation and Illuminations.

My son loves both though he skipped vinylmation this time in favor of pin trading. He chose vinylmation mouse ears this time though.

As for Illuminations, it did not live up to the hype for me at all.

Agreed! I have actually been during dead times when they just keep the doors open to the next room without making you stay for the video and I get sad.

I love hearing Phylicia Rashad (sp?) say "That's propietary" on Dinosaur, and my DD9 knows the whole Aerosmith spiel by heart, as do DH and I. That's part of the experience. ::yes::

DBF is a fan of the Mission Space one, I will admit. Maybe it's just because we dislike Steven Tyler.

DTD

Now it was the last day of our 8 day trip, we were exhausted, and only made it from the bus stop to the Lego store, but DH and I didn't love it. I won't say hate (or even not like) but we were not impressed. All the souvenirs we bought could have been bought in the parks.

The Grand Floridian. I understand that it's the most expensive, yet I hate how everyone assumes just because it's pricey, it's everyone's ultimate wish list resort. The lobby is fine, but the resort rooms are straight out of my grandma's attic in the 80s. Just not my style.

The Grand Floridian. I understand that it's the most expensive, yet I hate how everyone assumes just because it's pricey, it's everyone's ultimate wish list resort. The lobby is fine, but the resort rooms are straight out of my grandma's attic in the 80s. Just not my style.

There's some truth to this.:cool2:

Peter Pan's Flight: I went to the MK four times as a child/teen and every time it was broken. I would be so bummed because everyone that went always raved about it. Finally went when we were in Paris. Had by far the longest line in the park. Scared the five year old, made the 9 month old cry and just left going :confused3 about the fuss.

In defense of the BBB my 7 year old is in ballet. She wears her hair in a tight bun every week and it doesn't hurt her. This past Christmas she was in her first Nutcracker and had to have hair and makeup done each day. She LOVED it. Very light blusher and pale lipstick but it made her feel like a true princess. So that's why we'll do BBB. I don't think the little girls come out looking anything like the beauty queens. princess:

Peter Pan's Flight: I went to the MK four times as a child/teen and every time it was broken. I would be so bummed because everyone that went always raved about it. Finally went when we were in Paris. Had by far the longest line in the park. Scared the five year old, made the 9 month old cry and just left going :confused3 about the fuss.

Agreed! I'm always amazed that this ride has one of the longest waits. My DS LOVES Peter Pan but even he came off the ride unimpressed. He now lists the ride as one of his least favorites.

Ok, I have one.

The strawberry shortcake from Sunshine Seasons. I tried it and liked it ok, but I wasn't blown away by it and I wouldn't go out of my way to get it again. People rave about it, but for me it's just meh.

The strawberry shortcake from Sunshine Seasons. I tried it and liked it ok, but I wasn't blown away by it and I wouldn't go out of my way to get it again. People rave about it, but for me it's just meh.

Ditto. But I haven't been blown away by any Disney food yet, although I've liked some things pretty well. Most of it I felt like I'd had just as good locally. Of course, now I'm trying to think of something I quite liked that I can't get here, I'm suddenly craving an American Dream. :p

My oldest daughter, OTOH, still goes into raptures at the mere thought of the frozen chai at AK, which I've never seen anyone else so much as mention. Maybe I should go in quest of those two. :upsidedow

Sunshine Seasons- everybody raves about this place. Overall we have been underwhelmed by most everything we have tried there. We have tried it twice now and have had offerings from different areas and have walked away both times unhappy. So it has been crossed off our return list.

Tonga Toast- YUCK!

Dole Whips- Although we do purchase one from time to time, I don't think its all its made out to be.

Tangerine Café?- Again not bad but its jut not as good as the hype.

I'm surprised that I've read several pages on this thread and haven't seen Astro Orbiter mentioned? Maybe that's because it's not 'raved' about? Also, most of AK and was underwhelmed by Fantasmic too. Otherwise, love all things Disney!

Jeeeze...what an extremely negative thread. LOL!
At first..I thought that it could be fun. But then after a while I thought it kind of pointless. I mean one mans like IS another mans dislike or loathe.
Small world could be despised by some and loved by another.
So....i mean the whole thing seems like a moot case.

But thanks for the time everyone spent....on....this.
:confused:

At first..I thought that it could be fun. But then after a while I thought it kind of pointless. I mean one mans like IS another mans dislike or loathe.

So you wasted your time on it because...? I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and commenting.

This is not a debate thread. It's a thread to list what posters don't like that others think are fantastic. That is the only point.
No one has twisted anyone's arm to read it. If someone chooses to read through it and then feels like it was wasted time, it's their own fault for not finding something else to do.

Didn't find it negative (must admit I didn't read the whole thing, ran out of snacks popcorn::) I think people like to find validation in their experiences and this is especially true when their thoughts run against the common wisdom. These type of threads also help build connections in an online community.

I can't understand what makes people rave about Peter Pan and would never wait in a long line for it. And I don't think I've ever told anyone that Disney's firework shows no longer do anything for me, that bit of introspection even shocked me! I now know that I'm not even going to try a DoleWhip. Thanks to all the people that made it easier for me to admit these things!

lol this. I went In here just walking through, I didn't realize how dates it seemed for ALL that money. I haven't seen the rooms so I can't speak on that. But I don't know what I thought it was going to be but not like that.

The Grand Floridian is a poor copy of another resort that I think is beautiful. I personally love old-time historic resorts but that style seems somehow forced at the GF.

As for what I don't get... I'll list Dole Whips, Toy Story Mania (it's just OK), Chef Mickey's and Space Mountain.

:surfweb:

Pecos Bills - Everyone always raves about how great the food is here for lunch...best in MK, etc etc..But I've eaten here several times and the burgers taste exactly the same as the burgers anywhere else. If it's just about the fix'ns bar, then I really don't get it.

Spectromagic - When it was here, I thought the parade was rather boring. There was way too much space in between floats and some of the characters would only stick to one side of their respective float - - meaning you could easily miss your favorite character if you were on the wrong side. (And don't get me started on those freaky Spectromen.) ;)

Mission:Space - I guess people don't rave about it anymore....But when it was in its height of popularity, I just didn't get it! This ride made me SOOOO sick! And I love every rollercoaster at Six Flags! And my DGF thought it was boring! Either way, our family was not impressed.

Citrus Swirl - I can get a creamsicle in any supermarket and it will taste just as good as/if not better than this...I'll stick with the Dole Whip next door thank you very much.

That's about it... The only other things I dislike are ANYTHING but hyped. Stitch, Primeval Whirl, Backlot Tour are pretty much despised by most people I know. hehe.

Dole Whips. I mean, I'm sure they taste fine, but on a hot day, I'd much rather indulge in a delicious Mickey Bar! But maybe that's just me for not "getting" the dole whips? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter