What kind of manicure do you get pre vacation?

mmouse37

DCL Diva!!
I usually get a gel manicure before vacation as it lasts so much longer than a regular manicure. I was looking on Pinterest last month and saw a Minnie nail design that I really liked. I found a local place that does great nail designs. I booked an appointment, showed them the picture from Pinterest and got exactly what I wanted. I loved them!!! My nails lasted the whole 2 week cruise and then some.

Once I got a manicure onboard at the spa and it only lasted 2 days before it started to chip. I heard they do only Gel onboard now but I would much rather get it done before the cruise. I found prices onboard on the high side.

MJminnie nails.jpg

My dd and I got gel. It lasted 4 weeks for me and 3 for my dd. I had the DCL logo painted on to one nail on each hand over white polish, and red glittery polish on the other nails. My dd had a minnie mouse themed design- red with white polka dots. Next time I am going to purchase nail decals from etsy and then have them gel over them so the manicure lasts.

I love Shellac manicures and have gotten them before cruises. Last time I got my Shellac manicure renewed during the cruise and would not recommend it. It cost more than double of what I am paying at a nice place here at home and was not as well done. And they did not have a good selection of colours in my opinion. For me the Shellac manicures last about 2 to 3 weeks and I like them because the nails suffer less when removing it than with gel.

I'm kinda crazy and I love to change my polish frequently so I do the Jamberry thingys on vacation too. I take little packets of sealed polish remover as well. They take up virtually no room in my luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter