What IS your park bag?

I usually take my Vera Bradley backpack, but my upcoming trip is just me and my daughter and I need to cart a bit more with me (including a storybook she wants autographed by every character, which is bigger than the VB backpack). So I got a Matilda Jane backpack from a year or two ago. It's very comfortable and pretty, so I'm looking forward to carrying it.

I have a Vera Bradley hipster that I used on my last trip to WDW. I am packing that, as well as the mini hipster and a baggalini I have! I am so indecisive when it comes to bags! LOL. Plus I plan on buying a new Vera at the store in DS!!

I have decided that I only need my MagicBand, a few dollars, a kleenex , a small emery board, glasses (I am old), and my phone. All of which fit in a pocket or two.

No need for a bag. Even when on the go daily I never take anything larger than a crossbody small bag.

I used to carry a crossbody messenger bag, but as my kid got older and I disliked the bag check line, add to that at Universal some rides don't allow bags and require you to get a locker --- we switched to carrying things in our jacket and shorts pockets.

I used to take a bag but on this last trip, we opted for my husband pocketing 1 cell phone, chap stick, and wallet and we went bag free. It was awesome! We got eyewear holders for around our necks for the sunglasses and used our cell phone for photos. We got through security in a snap and decided we will not be going back to a bag. On our upcoming trip, we will have magicbands and will not need to take the wallet.

Right now we have a toddler, so we are able to store everything in the stroller, but have a "Snack bag" as well as diaper bag for now. My husband brings a light weight backpack for his chargers and anything we want to take with us in line and not leave in the stroller.

I've found the Vera Bradley Disney Hipster to be the perfect park bag now that kiddos are older and we need less "stuff". I only pack a very small first aid kit (tylenol, band-aids, and spray neosporin), a travel size anti-bacterial (germ-x / purell), a full size spray sunscreen, a face stick (sunscreen), chapstick, a small brush and hairbands, 4 disposable ponchos, cell phone with portable charger, pen, and ID. Oh! and park map/times guide!

I do have to switch shoulders every now and again, but it doesn't get terribly heavy. It's as much about what you put in the bag as the bag itself.

I was originally going to try to travel light, and rely on my cargo pockets, but I kept thinking of things I wanted to carry... phone, charger, purell, sunscreen, rain poncho, and camera (it has a "shaky hand stabilizer function that lets me take better pictures than with my phone.)
I read somewhere that if security sees your cargo pockets bulging, they'll want to check them out like baggage anyway. Carrying a regular bag tends to hurt my shoulder after awhile, so I opted for a fanny pack. I found one on Amazon that looks like it'll hold everything nicely! It says "men's" but I like the style of it and it looks durable. It's an "Eshow Men's Canvas Fanny Pack Waist Bag Outdoors Running Pack" (Say that 5 times fast!)

https://www.amazon.com/Eshow-Canvas...as+Fanny+Pack+Waist+Bag+Outdoors+Running+Pack

I have an Eddie Bauer backpack that I got for about $10 at the outlets near disney.
It's pretty cool because if your traveling you can fold it into itself and it folds to just about a 7x7 square.

Contains: Vera Bradley ID pouch, ziplocks, small poncho, clear small makeup bag with either electronics (chargers), feminine necessities, a little bit of makeup.
Typically a lightweight zip up hoodie, most recent addition my action camera and batteries for it. Oh, and car keys because I am local. :)

I use a small "MiniBe" from Jujube. Inside I throw a diaper (still have 1 in diapers), wipes (those always come in handy), a few granola bars, a water, my Fuji XT-10, planner, hand sanitizer, a sunscreen stick and lipgloss. I love that they are machine washable and very stuff able yet light weight!

Backpack, whatever hasn't broken yet or is on sale at Target the day before I leave. It is most likely going to get destroyed by the time I pull back into my driveway thousands of miles, zips and unzips later :laughing:

I used to carry a large crossbody bag but after dozens of days in the park over a few trips I realized that 99% of the stuff I was lugging around all day was never getting used. So I downsized to a Baggalini Bryant crossbody bag -- it's big enough to hold my phone in the outside pocket and a rain poncho, credit card, ID, a few tissues, 2 bandaids, my lip gloss, and a little cash inside. It's bigger than I need, but the smallest one that my phone fits in. Some days I put the poncho in my pocket and carry my phone while my husband or son puts the bag in their shorts pocket while we go through the no bags line. Once in the park, I put the poncho and phone back in the bag and carry it.

The next time we go, I'm using a Voxkin Clear neck pouch. My phone, credit card, ID, and cash will go in this pouch and tissues, rain poncho, and lip gloss will go in my pocket. My daughter used one of these on our trip this summer and never needed to go through bag check with it.

An ancient Jansport backpack that goes everywhere with us! Lots of smaller pockets inside, which I love.

I used a fannypack that I got off amazon. It was great--I never worried about forgetting it and half the time forgot I was wearing it. For this next trip I'm looking for something waterproof as a just in case for those rides on Splash. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!