What is your never-done-must-do for your next trip?

We did some of the things we’ve never done on our trip we just got back from. The first was Tom Sawyer Island. My boys are perfect ages for it since the are 7 and 4. They loved it! So happy we did this one. We also tried the animation building. We only did crush and the drawing. We couldn’t believe how neat the drawing classes were! It’s a must do every trip now! Also saw the Frozen show and the Royal Theater for the first time. We had seen Aladdin before, so it was neat to see frozen. The royal theater was pretty funny. We only saw Tangled, so next time we will try to see Beauty and the Beast.

Canoes! Got one daughter to agree to go with me, we've never done them. Any idea how early they'll start running in July? Melting is not one of the things I want to cross off my bucket list.

And if I could go to Club 33 for my 52nd birthday while I'm there, that would be super great...

I'm loving this! I've added some of your ideas to my list. I'd like to see the flag ceremony, turtle talk with Crush, any of the nighttime entertainment, conduct the train, and pilot the riverboat. I'm sure we wont get to all of them in our next trip but someday I will!

Can we say everything, first visit coming up end of Aug this year. Hoping to do all in 5 days. |Depends on parade and firework schedule. Cross fingers.

define end of august.....NBC opens on September 8, 2018, I think that is rather early. have yet to find how many days to re-theme

research has found that 18 days is the magic NBC number, so looking at August 20th

Staying at the Grand Californian has been on my list for a long time, and my husband surprised me with a trip this December to stay there! I am beyond excited. This will be my daughter (will be 11 months) first trip, so I am looking forward to seeing everything through her eyes as we did with my DS3.

For those mentioning Club 33, let me say that the general advice of “just let everyone in your social circle know you want to go” is good advice. I happened to mention it at work and my co-worker mentioned it somewhere else and long story short, we are set for dinner next week.

So don’t give up, and keep asking around!

I couldn't even count how many times I've been to DLR, but there are still things I've never done. I've never piloted the Mark Twain or seen WOC. Never done a dining or dessert package for a show. I've never ridden most of the things in Bugs Land (but don't really plan to) or Mickey's "Fun" Wheel. What I'd really like to do is the afternoon tea at DLH and the WOC dessert package and I'd love to see the Dream Suite. I've been very lucky to have done just about everything else.

We are going in September after being absent for about two years. (Last summer we went to go see the REAL Matterhorn!). So, I'm looking forward to seeing the new Guardians ride, going on the new train tracks around the park, and going to the Halloween party for the first time. Oh, seeing what the pirates are up to now also.

The canoes. We wanted to take the kids on them during our trip this past December. I hyped it up to them before the trip, and then they were closed......of course.

All these people saying canoes! I did it once when I was a teenager, and I hated it. I didn't go to Disneyland to work!
Before my last trip in 2016, the one item was Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln. I was the only one in my family who did it, but I finally got to see it.

I love this thread. We went several times a year before kids and when the kids were young, and now it is maybe once a year. We plan at least one new thing each trip - whether it is new to the parks or just new to us. And we also make sure to see/do anything likely to not be around on our next trip.

This next trip (June 30-July 2) we will do Walk in Walt's Footsteps - our first tour now that the kids are older. We are also doing lunch at Carnation Café - hopefully. We have had reservations many times and I have always ended up cancelling last minute because of the kids' priorities. I did breakfast there years and years ago, but never lunch. We have never done the canoes either - but I'm not sure that is going to happen on this trip. Have to still have things on my "never done" list for next time.

The Mark Twain riverboat is certainly something we want to try this year, also maybe Pirates of the Caribbean too. There is just so much at DL to take in in one day ....
(and that's not being negative about DL at all, we love the location) :)

All these people saying canoes! I did it once when I was a teenager, and I hated it.
I guess the canoes are one of those “you love it or you hate it” kind of affairs. I love them & so does the rest of my family (my husband & two daughters, currently 10 & 12 years old). A nice upper body workout to balance all the walking we do in the parks! It’s always one of the highlights of our visits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter