What is your KIDS favorite resort?

When they were little we loved Poly, last two trips it was Beach Club (aged 10/12 and 8/10) but for our next one (11/13) we are going to split between Poly and Beach Club because my 13 yo wants to stay at Poly because it's so "aesthetic". Poly's pool is great because it has the splash pad, which is great but the size of SAB was nice with the long slide, sandy bottom pool, play area, lazy river. I would hedge towards BC's pool once they are a little older. Poly was also great because my kids LOVE the monorail and we just road that as a ride when they were younger (like through 8/9). We did also ride the Skyliner just for fun when at BC, but it's not quit as close.
My DD11 is all about things being "aesthetic", too. :D

Which resort is your kids' favorite?
(You can share their ages and other resorts you have stayed at as well! Also any they didn't love)
My kids have stayed at YC (age 7 & 8); Pop and GF (age 10 and 11); and POFQ and AKL (age 15 and 16). My oldest also stayed at BCV when he was 6 months old, but obviously doesn't remember lol.

They still talk about YC. They loved the nautical theme and especially loved the pool (I could have saved on park tickets, they'd have been happy at SAB all week honestly). They also were in awe at AKL, and liked GF and POFQ (just not as much as their favorites). And while they're into the parks and rides more than pools now, and they'd stay anywhere so long as we're at WDW, they asked to not stay at Pop again if we could avoid it. They did not like the theme and found the room tiny (pre-revamp fwiw, but it was just the three of us staying, DH is not a Disney guy 🤷‍♀️). My oldest tried to be nice and say the room was 'cozy' but they both seem to be deluxe kids at heart.

We're staying at CBR and in a Poly studio this year. They've been to the Poly to eat several time and are excited to actually stay there, but I'm really interested to see how they'll react to CBR and the skyliner. CBR was the first WDW property I ever stayed at way back when I was just out of college, so it has a sentimental place in my heart. Stayed there on an adults only trip a few years ago and really enjoyed the whole resort, even though the rooms are not as updated as other mods. The skyliner was fantastic, and we lucked out with an amazing room location.

From our most recent trip where we stayed at BLT, Boardwalk, OKW and AKL it was AKL:Kidani that was our 4 year olds favourite. She loved the animal and the pool area. OKW was a second favourite bits that's because we played hide and seek in the one bedroom

We've stayed at a variety, not all resorts, with our kids and their #1 is POR. They really liked AKL and POP a lot. Pop was the first stay that they remember so it's "nostalgic". We try to stay around the epcot area resorts and on crescent lake so we will also go between Swan/Dolphin and Boardwalk, just depends on pricing and they like the location of all those resorts but they really don't care for the lack of theming at S/D and don't really like boardwalk that much. I will say, I kind of get it, it looks like staying at grandmas house.

Least favorite, CBR also my least favorite too. They liked the room but didn't care for the size and theming of the resort.

They're 14 & 16 and still love the royal rooms at POR but they also like the alligator bayou section. We're giving POFQ a try on our next trip so fingers crossed they like it. They enjoy the food options at POR, the boat to DS, the buses and the theming.

Beach Club after our first stay there. They were 15 and 9 in 2015. DS is kinda over Disney right now but DD still loves BC.

Last edited:
BC was my kids' favorite from toddler through early teenager. We still love the Epcot resort area but now tend to stay at YC instead.
Poly was a close 2nd when staying in Hawaii CL LV/TPV.
Nowadays we all tend to gravitate towards GF but still love BC/YC and Poly. Opening up to liking WL, BWI, and CR more and more.

Animal Kingdom

Pool area is one of the best on property, other the YC/BC.
Theming is right up there with Wilderness Lodge, so they thought that was cool.
Animals right outside the room.

Me I'd prefer either Boardwalk or MK areas for the access to the Parks and Dining options, but kids loved AKL.

DDs are now 13 & 17 and we have been going since our 1st DD was 6 month's old and lucky enough to stay at all 3 levels.
Favorites in order by level:
Deluxe: GF, BW, AKL (Jambo and not Kidani), Poly
Mods: CBR, POFQ, POR, CSR
Value: POP, ASMO
Once POP got murphy beds and the skyliner, they have been our goto resort and we have had such great times staying there. So now, DW and I have such a hard time justifying paying so much more $$ for the other levels, especially Deluxe. Our DDs also love the skyliner and that is the only reason CBR is ahead of the PO resorts. LOL
We have stayed at a lot of the resorts and really love all 3 levels. I am sooooo glad that none of the 4 of us "need" to stay at a certain level. We have great vacations at each one.

(You can share their ages and other resorts you have stayed at as well! Also any they didn't

(You can share their ages and other resorts you have stayed at as well! Also any they didn't love)
My kids have a few favorites. They love YC for the pool. They really enjoyed Polynesian and liked the pool. They also loved Wilderness Lodge but once our youngest turned four we couldn't stay there as a family of five. Now that they are older (all teens) , they also like the Grand Floridian for the overall resort feel. We have been doing spilt stays the past few trips and stay at a MK resort and an Epcot resort once that got a little older. When they were all super young we only did MK resorts.

These are my kids favorites in order:
DD15: Polynesian, Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge
DD11: Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk

We have stayed at All Star Sports, All Star Movies, Art of Animation, Pop, PO Riverside, Coranado, AKL Jambo and Kidani, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Riviera, and Wilderness Lodge. When they were younger they also really liked Art of Animation.

My boys are 10 and 6. They would probably say their favorite is whichever resort we are currently at. My favorites are Value - Pop Century, Moderate - POFQ and Deluxe - Wilderness Lodge.

DD 17 love’s Wilderness Lodge hands down but Grand is a close second. We call her our little resort snob since she is not interested in the values anymore. She does enjoy POFQ and we are trying CSR this summer so we shall se where thoughts.

#1 Yacht Club
#2 Animal Kingdom Lodge

The kids have also stayed at CBR (nice but too much walking - says my tween), CSR, and POFQ.

My son is 10. His favorite is Boardwalk. We opt for Pop on the lower budget trips. We've stayed at: Fort Wilderness cabins, Boardwalk, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter, Beach Club, Contemporary, and off-property.

Our son is now 14 (yeah I need to update my profile picture). He he loves French Quarter, which is great because my wife and I love it too and its usually "reasonably priced" (at least by Disney hotel standards).

However, he will stay anywhere.

We are "park people" we rarely spend time at the hotel. As long as the beds are comfy, and the room/bathroom is clean, we're usually happy. So we usually go with what resort we can afford that trip, based on our budget, and balancing hotel cost vs cost of table service or other experiences we also want to do that trip.

He really likes All Star Movies, he likes the theming. He LOVED our Bay Lake Tower stay mostly because of the theme park view room and watching the fireworks every night (he was 3.5 at the time!). He enjoyed the Polynesian (standard room in Rarotonga long house, and we were at the end where we walked down the stairs outside and were at the bus stop). He also enjoyed our Club Level stay at Yacht Club, mostly because he could walk down to the lounge and get snacks and drinks without us, go eat breakfast at the lounge with other kids in front of the TV while I was still getting ready, and he loved Stormalong Bay.

Our upcoming father/son trip, he is perfectly happy with All Star Sports. He hasn't styed there yet, but I showed him pictures of my trip last December with colleagues when I stayed there.

Mine is grown now, but I'd say his favorite as a kid was probably AKL, followed by POR.

We've also stayed at CBR, POP, and POFQ, and there really weren't any we disliked.

3 Kids (18,16, and 14) and it is a split among them. My 18 year old son love Bay Lake Tower, My 16 year old changes from moment to moment, and the 14 year old loves Animal Kingdom Lodge (either Jambo or Kidani as long as its a savanna view.

Over the years we have stayed at the Poly, Wilderness Lodge, Bay Lake Towe, Animal Kingdom Lodge and this year will be at Riviera. For us everywhere we have stayed has good and bad but it is fun to see how each has their own favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter