What is your favourite DCL souvenir?

Saw the title and immediately went to my stainless tervis tumbler. Love it. Second is the animator's butter knife. Surprised the kids with that once we got home from a cruise, and we use it a lot. Third is my keychain that I won playing trivia. The guy leading trivia kept saying it was made of pure Vibranium, and who I am I to question that?

Castaway Cay Star Wars Nautical rope hat. I have been wearing it for a few years now and love it.

I have a Castaway Cay hoodie I got about 10 years ago it is too big for me now but still wear it. It’s white with the sunset of Mickey and Minnie sitting on the back.

I also got the castaway cay phone case . Use that every day….had to change it but got the same one when changed to a newer I phone. We’ll be needed another since my iPhone is a 7 time for an upgrade. Everyone knows who’s phone is mine , I was at a wedding and left it at the guess book. It found it’s way back to me with out an announcement…lol

I got the Animator's butter knife this year which I love. I also got the statue of Minnie in her pink dress kissing Mickey in his sailor outfit! I love looking at it because it makes me smile and brings back memories!

When you go in the jewelry store, they will be on display with other Pandora charms or you can ask. There are ship specific charms and Castaway Cay charms.
Yes I just bought the one for the Wish.

I used to love the double insulated plastic Tervis mugs until I tried the stainless steel one. :cloud9: It's amazing how long ice stays frozen in it!
My 2nd favorite is the salt and pepper shakers in the shape of the ship. :lovestruc

I still use a coffee mug and a key chain I bought on our first Disney cruise in 2007 for my work keys and occasionally wear the navy zip up hoodie I bought on that cruise too. The cuffs of the sleeves are getting tattered but I still love it. I have yet to find something else as nice at that one. The mug is getting faded a bit.

Lots of beach towels and Christmas ornaments, one I had signed by the Captain. I've been trying to not buy so much stuff lately.

I wish the t-shirts weren't such thin fabric these days or I'd buy more of them. You can almost see through it. They're also cut very long and I'm short so they come down too far. I really wanted one from our WBPC cruise until I tried one on. Ugh!

Oh, I forgot, I love the throw blanket. We keep it on the back of the love seat.

So much stuff to love.:shamrock::cloud9:

My future cruise placeholder? Does that count?

We are not much for buying souvenirs, but we really enjoy the holiday cabin decorations from our 2019 Christmas cruise.
It counts for me!

Whenever I’m tempted to spend $200+ at the spa for a massage or something, I stop to think that I’d much rather put that $ toward the next cruise.

I did a double take at the title of this thread.

When I started lurking on this board over 20 years ago "bringing home a souvenir" was DIS Board cruise line forum code for conceiving during your cruise.

We love getting the ship statues and I love getting the ship specific spirit jerseys. However no luck getting either on the magic when we were there last year

I used to love the double insulated plastic Tervis mugs until I tried the stainless steel one. :cloud9: It's amazing how long ice stays frozen in it!
My 2nd favorite is the salt and pepper shakers in the shape of the ship. :lovestruc

I still use a coffee mug and a key chain I bought on our first Disney cruise in 2007 for my work keys and occasionally wear the navy zip up hoodie I bought on that cruise too. The cuffs of the sleeves are getting tattered but I still love it. I have yet to find something else as nice at that one. The mug is getting faded a bit.

Lots of beach towels and Christmas ornaments, one I had signed by the Captain. I've been trying to not buy so much stuff lately.

I wish the t-shirts weren't such thin fabric these days or I'd buy more of them. You can almost see through it. They're also cut very long and I'm short so they come down too far. I really wanted one from our WBPC cruise until I tried one on. Ugh!

Oh, I forgot, I love the throw blanket. We keep it on the back of the love seat.

So much stuff to love.:shamrock::cloud9:
Where did you get the throw blanket? The standard blue one from the stateroom?

Where did you get the throw blanket? The standard blue one from the stateroom?
Eww, no.
It was a special they were having in 2007. If you spent x amount in the store, you could by the blanket for $30 or something. I need to get ready for work now but I will post a picture of it later.

Used to be getting themed matching shirts for the family but the quality of the Christmas ones from last December (2021) cruise left much to be desired. Two immediately fell apart first time through the laundry and considering the premium you pay...

I'll go with the photos like someone else said. We typically get the photo package and seeing our kiddos transform year over year is quite fun to look back on. Plus the photo teams typically have the Disney magic in that they'll take action shots sometimes of the kids interacting with the characters.

The Helmsman Mickey atrium statue from the Magic, because I read that the statue is dedicated to sailors everywhere. One of my grandfathers was in the merchant navy, the other was a keen sailor, and my husband's grandfather was in the Royal Navy so I love that connection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter