What is the most busy place you have been during lockdown?

London Underground bring rush hour. They reduced the number of tubes during lockdown but didn't increase them as things started to open up. That Monday morning was crazy.

Went to a local German Fest celebration on Sunday. Couple hundred people in attendance.

Walmart at 5pm during the week. I had to pick up an prescription that wasn’t ready on Tuesday morning when I normally go so had to go after work on a Thursday. Walmart pharmacy (here at least) is open at 6am on Tuesday’s for Senior Shopping hours so I can go by on my way to work (during regular hours) and avoid the crowds.

WalMart. I went when I first started venturing out after recovering from Covid. I was so shocked and scared I was there for maybe five minutes before I turned around and asked to be taken home.

Lowes during the peak. I was there for something to fix the house and keep the basement from filling with water vs. everyone else not working and buying the oh so essential landscaping supplies. Nothing brought people more physically closer together than social distancing.

Home Depot and Lowes.

They both must have anti covid shielding technology.

Masks - maybe
Social distancing - hardly
Packed store - yes

Little Italy in San Diego in August. Can you say sardines? Wall to wall. Having said that, everyone had a mask on.

The lines to get into stores, especially the one supermarket before they opened for Senior Hour. But also the line at Total Wine, and the one at Home Depot.

Inside the stores, though, it wasn't busy.

Target - during lockdown back in late March.

While I was casually trying to slink away from a large cluster of people someone behind me pulled their mask down, took out their vape, and exhaled a gigantic lung cloud of strawberry scented droplets into the air.
😨

This was in the very beginning and no one really knew anything (not like much has changed) and I have a compromised immune system so I was freaking out. I put everything down in the aisle and left. I purchased a 1 year Shipt membership and got everything delivered after that. That moment gave me major anxiety for quite some time.

Incidentally - 6 months later - Target is a ghost town comparatively. I think it was panic purchasing.

The exit of Soarin. Everything at Epcot was really nicely spaced out except for this exit. Everyone just sort of piled out together and went down the hall. We stepped to the side for a moment so as not to be so close to others.

My first answer was going to be the subway but they really haven’t been that crowded. No, it was visiting the hospital where I saw a lot of people queuing up at the entrance to the lobby.

I have generally avoided crowds but do shop now that everyone is masked and distancing. I ran into lines gathered outside waiting for their turn to enter the store for the first time last week. We had clean air after a week + of hazardous air quality. Everyone was shopping and it was nuts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter