What is the hottest park?

champ1380

Earning My Ears
With our trip only 10 days away, I am starting to plan out what clothes to bring. I like to have an idea of what I'm going to wear which day (helps me from forgetting something). I was wondering which park feels like the hottest, and which one has the most sun (understanding that ALL of them are going to be very hot). Thanks!

I know lots of folks say AK is the hottest because of the tropical feel, but I always find lots of shade here.

Epcot is always the hottest to me - just feels like so much concrete, especially if we are leaving World Showcase and heading back to the busses. That walk out to the busses through Future World kills me.

Bring a hat - seriously!

Having just spent a few hours at AK yesterday I was reminded that it "feels" hotter to me. I think it is all of the vegetation that both increases the humidity and reduces the breezes.

Thanks everyone. Definitely seems like I should plan for my lightest shirt on our AK day. Of course I have a cute Lion King shirt, but I guess I'll save that one until we're there in the evening. Function over fashion lol.

We won't be in the World Showcase until the evening (except for an early afternoon trip to Frozen Ever After), so hopefully that will save us a little heat.

Animal Kingdom 100%.

On our first ever July trip, this was the only park that caused me to have a heat "melt down" in the afternoon. We just couldn't find enough indoor things to do during the hottest part of the day.

Some posters above mentioned Epcot and HS but we found so many indoor things to do at both of those places that we were able to alternate heat with AC. At AK there are huge parts of the park with no AC venues. Plus if you happened to arrive 5 minutes late for an indoor show at AK you are out of luck for at least an hour. They also stopped a lot of the shows in the late afternoon. We did not find this to be the case at any other park.

We really like AK, in fact it is my son's favorite park but it was NOT my favorite place to be at 4 in the afternoon in July. We usually arrive right after opening at parks and stay till close. Yet, if we ever visit AK at that time of the year again, I am taking the recommended "break" from that park in the afternoon.

Last edited:
No contest: AK. Yes there is a lot of shade, but there is just so little air flow. I think it's all the trees and plants. First time we went (late August) we left after 45 minutes! Did fine at the other parks.

AK and Epcot...

AK is so humid and there seems to never be a breeze so it feels like a sauna. Epcot is spread out with little shade, just concrete and metal buildings, so it feels like the sun beats down on you.

Works Showcase at Epcot. We just about melted in the heat there a week ago. There is no shade at all, and we were walking around in the afternoon. Even the early evening was pretty uncomfortable to us. AK is also extremely hot, but I found it slightly more tolerable than the WS.

AK definitely.

Tons of trees so there's some shade, but they block all wind and they make it feel a lot hotter.

World showcase would be my second pick, but there's stores and buildings to go in to get out the heat. Also open so you can feel any wind

AK has to have the most humidity from all the foliage.One thing that proves it to me to was something I noticed during the marathon this year.When the race started the temperatures were near freezing so when you were running you definitely saw your breath,around mile 8-9 as the temperatures and sun rose the water vapor coming out of my mouth slowly disappeared.Then the moment I entered AK at mile 12 it was like I was breathing out a cloud with each breath,easily the most during the entire race,even during the start of the race with 30 degrees it wasn't even close to how much was coming out with each breath inside AK.That right there proves it to me AK has the most humidity and has to feel the warmest due to it.Epcot in my opinion is also very hot in the summer due to the walking distances as its a very big park,in the winter however its probably also the coldest for the same reason as well as having that lake in WS which creates more wind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter