What is the funniest thing you've experienced on a ride at Disney World

Guzzi

DIS Veteran
:surfweb: My daughter insisted on riding tower of terror on our first trip to the world, it was probably the last ride that I wanted to go on but my wife was with our son, (too small to ride tot at the time) so I was it.

Now Im scared:scared1: and nervous to be getting on this ride. There is a couple in front of us with thier grand daughter who decides the line is too spooky and bags out of the ride:scared1: We were in the fast pass line, and the couple gives their fast passes to 1 single rider and a pair of riders.

We end up on the ride with the single rider, we are in the front row, he is in the back row, sitting next to this woman he has never seen before. Well as soon as the ride starts, when the lights go off, before the ride begins, this woman begins to scream (she was really scared I guess) and she continues to scream for the entire ride except when she inhales. She screamed so much I began to laugh and laughed for the entire ride. When the ride ended I turned around and thanked her.

Well My daughter and I end up exiting the ride with that poor sole rider who was sitting next to the screamer and I ask him if his ear drums are still intact and he answers, yes but im bleeding from where she grabbed my arm and wouldnt let go!:rotfl2:

Thats a great story, I'm looking foward to hearing more! (wish I had one to share:confused3 )

I suppose my funniest was years ago we were riding POTC right before closing no one else was on the ride at all. well we rounded a bend and there was a CM undressing a pirate... ROFLMAO

Last week we were on HM in one of the final scenes and the ride stopped, the music stopped, but the animatronics were still moving. It only lasted about 5 minutes, but it was funny to us. :)

A couple of years ago we were at AK (first time there) and went on Kilamonjaro Safari. We were riding along enjoying it until suddenly my DD4 at the time screamed at the top of her lungs "Watch Out". There was a bird that swooped down and got in the way of the jeep as we were passing by. The whole car laughed, it was too cute.

Mine is similar to the OP's. We were going to Alien Encounter and sat next to a Mexican family. I was sitting beside the wife, and when it got dark she just grabbed hold of my arm and started screaming and yelling something in Spanish. It was hillarious.

On ToT , my sister was sitting next to a man who didn't speak English...he was like in his 60's or so. Anyway, when it dropped, he grabbed her thigh and didn't let go until the ride was over! I felt so badly for her!

Our's happened on Thursday, August 30, 2007, in Magic Kingdom on Splash Mountain. I took my mother and sister to Disney for their first time. I love flume rides and was never able to ride the other two times I had been in the MK, because my husband wouldn't ride. So, I made my mother and sister go with me on our adult girls' only trip.

My mother and sister were nervous about going. We were laughing so hard as we were getting into our log. Mom was worried about getting wet. She decided to put her hat on before we left. We were still laughing and the CM heard us, asked us what was so funny and we got her laughing, too.

Jennifer and I had decided to sit together since she and Mom had sat together on the last ride. We put Mom in front of us. Turns out, she was rigth in the very front of the log with us in the second row. As we were going down the long drop at the end, Jennifer and Mom started screaming. I was still laughing. Next thing I know, something comes flying back in my face.

It was Mom's hat!! :lmao:

It had flown off and came right back into my face!! When we got to the bottom, Jennifer looked over at me and asked where I got the hat. She had her eyes closed and never saw it. I was laughing too hard to answer and just pointed at Mom. She started laughing really hard, too, and asked Mom if she was missing anything. Mom said no, then touched her head. This made us lose it even more. By the time we got to the unloading area, we were uncontrollable. The same CM was still there and Jen told her what happened. She totally lost it. I thought all of us were going to pee our pants from laughing too hard.

Moral of the story - hold onto your hat while on Spalsh Mountain - or, at the very least, use the bathroom before you get on!!

We had such a great time!! :thumbsup2

mvazul...
the same thing happened to us on Splash Mountain. My hat flew off my head going down and landed in DD17's face! I felt it fly off and thought "oh great, now I have to go buy a new hat". When we got to the bottom and I saw DD with the hat, we all laughed so hard!

Probably the funniest things was while we were in Turtle Talk with Crush. Crush was letting kids ask questions and a little boy had his hand up. Crush picked him to ask the next question and the kid says "nemo". That's it. No question, just "nemo". Crush was so funny, he's rolling his eyes and says "uhhh, okayyyy. Anyone else have a question?" We cracked up all day and even now one of us will just go up to each other and say "nemo" and we all crack up. Guess you had to be there!

I was visiting my aunt out in CA so we went to Disneyland. She hadn't been in years, so I wanted her to check out some of the rides. We decided that POTC would be a nice tame ride to start her off with fairly early in the day so we get on. So we start going through the scenes and we pass by the first Jack Sparrow animatronic. She turns and looks at me with this totally serious look on her face and said "hey, that one looked a lot like Johnny Depp, didn't it?". She had no clue that it was supposed to be Jack Sparrow. So of course, being the POTC fan I am, I filled her in. :teeth:

ETA: Not on a ride, but on my first trip to WDW with my mum, we were heading towards the Jungle cruise and went by the spitting Tiki Gods and there was a dog (I assume seeing eye dog in training, since it had a harness on and was far too big to have been snuck in) just going nuts trying to catch the water spray. My mum and I still talk about that dog now, and that trip was over 2 years ago! :)

Star Tours

I landed in the car full of addicts and well we were yelling lines from the movies the whole time.

I have two.

First time my sister was at DW she wants to ride Splash. Okay so we get on and she's enjoying the storyline, but she's a little confused as to why this ride is so popular. I tell her that it has to be the 50 foot drop at the end.
This is the look she gave me...:scared1: hair and all. Did I mention we are sitting in the front of the log? So we get to the top and I tell her look at the beautiful view, and then we dropped. She screamed so loud I think people in Epcot heard her. I guess she didn't read the signs.

Dh takes the kids on Space Mountain. All three of them are first time riders. I see them coming off the ride and all three of them are GREEN but I can hear dh ask the kids if they want to ride again. Strong chorus of NO!! Turns out, my dss was screaming like a little girl, my dsd was praying very loudly, and my dh was trying real hard not to lose his Cosmic Ray's dinner. To this day the stepkids will ride every other ride in the park but Space Mountain

Mine is a TOT one as well. This was a few years back and we went with my parents. We get in the line (you know the one where they assign your seat) and we are on the back row, we are so glad that we aren't in the front.:woohoo:

We get on the ride and realize that my dad is in the middle seat (the one where the two bars meet, but dont touch??). :eek: He freaked out that his bars weren't touching!

He held the bars down so tight I don't think the rest of us moved during the ride! :rotfl2:

It didn't really happen on a ride, but it's still another ToT one.

DD and I were walking towards ToT to ride and there was this BIG, tall man coming towards us with some friends. They were trying to convince him to ride it and he shouted, "I can't ride that thing! I rode it once before and it was TERRIFYING!!!" Just hearing that coming from such a big, burly looking man was so funny that DD and I cracked up and the whole rest of the trip we were saying, "It's terrifying!" :laughing:

mvazul...
the same thing happened to us on Splash Mountain. My hat flew off my head going down and landed in DD17's face! I felt it fly off and thought "oh great, now I have to go buy a new hat". When we got to the bottom and I saw DD with the hat, we all laughed so hard!

Probably the funniest things was while we were in Turtle Talk with Crush. Crush was letting kids ask questions and a little boy had his hand up. Crush picked him to ask the next question and the kid says "nemo". That's it. No question, just "nemo". Crush was so funny, he's rolling his eyes and says "uhhh, okayyyy. Anyone else have a question?" We cracked up all day and even now one of us will just go up to each other and say "nemo" and we all crack up. Guess you had to be there!

Too funny!! :lmao: I bet they have alot of hats in lost and found at the end of a full day at that ride. I totally understand about the "Nemo"!! We have alot of had-to-be-there-to-get-it moments. ;)

I hope DH doesn't read this- he will be so mad at me :lmao:

Last week we decided to ride the Transit Authority ride. I hope that's what it's called. We always ride it when we need a break. As soon as our little car went around a corner and into the first dark tunnel, I was groped :thumbsup2 He had a perfect aim. A quick squeeze and we were back in daylight again and he had the biggest grin on his face :rolleyes1 I was laughing so hard.
I will always remember that as a fond WDW moment :love:
It's nice to know that even after 20 years of marriage, I'm still gropable :lmao:

I hope DH doesn't read this- he will be so mad at me :lmao:

Last week we decided to ride the Transit Authority ride. I hope that's what it's called. We always ride it when we need a break. As soon as our little car went around a corner and into the first dark tunnel, I was groped :thumbsup2 He had a perfect aim. A quick squeeze and we were back in daylight again and he had the biggest grin on his face :rolleyes1 I was laughing so hard.
I will always remember that as a fond WDW moment :love:
It's nice to know that even after 20 years of marriage, I'm still gropable :lmao:

I'm sure the cast members watching the closed-circuit monitors thank you as well. :lmao: :lmao:

Mine was back when Pooh was still Mr. Toad's Wild Ride..ahh, the good ol' days!

I was there with my best friend (he's a guy) and two of his friends (all guys, I was the only girl. Doesn't matter, just painting the picture!!)

So I am in the ride with him, our friends are ahead of us in the next vehicle. We go into one of the rooms, and there is someone's baseball hat on the floor. Our friends ahead of us tried to grab it, but they missed. So then it's our turn. My BF is on the side by the hat, so he tries to grab it. He's really determined, and is leaning way out of the car (like an idiot!) trying to grab this hat! Did I mention it was someone else's hat, probably full of sweat and germs?? But they wanted it!

Anyway, he's leaning waaaay out of the car when suddenly the doors to that room slam shut behind our car, only on their way they whack him in the head, right behind his ear, and for a minute his head was stuck! Finally he was able to dislogde it without them shutting down the ride or getting his head ripped off. He had this huge red welt behind his ear after that.

I still laugh at this story. This is what happens when you do stupid things!!

lol to funny everyone.

when i first rode POTC i asked my brother did he want to put away his camera so it wont get wet. he told me that the ride only had one dip and it would be fine in his hands. so my two brothers and i get in the front of the boat and we are off. few minutes later i hear my brother say 'here comes the dip...awe man!' and i felt something wet. turns out my brothers and i weighed down the front causing a small wave to splash into the boat and soak his camera. every time we walked by POTC i think of him saying 'awe man!' and i laugh. next time he'll put his camera away!

We were on Splash Mtn one night during MVMCP, in 2002, I think. The ride stopped right by the Slippin' Falls sign and stayed there for about 10 minutes, long enough that the log in front of us asked if one of the CMs could kill the music, which they did. We sat there for another 10 minutes or so before we saw another CM, who came up to tell us that we'd be moving shortly and to remain seated, etc. etc. etc.

About 10 minutes after that, after we'd become friendly with everyone in the log in front of us (they were from Palm Beach Gardens and had friends from St. Louis), their log shoved off and we waited for a little bit till they were clear and we went. The show lighting had returned to normal and the AAs were all moving and singing, but no one had started the soundtrack back up, so they were all lip-synching to a song that no one could hear. It was at that point that my mom decided to start singing her own soundtrack, much to my consternation ;) , and everyone in our log and the one in front of us began a spirited rendition of Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah. I think they got through 2 verses before someone running things recovered from the shock and horror of our singing and kicked the music back on. :rotfl:

As it turned out, the reason for the long delay was that 2 people in separate incidents (but at almost the same time) had gotten injured either getting into or out of their logs. One of them cut his head, so they had to call in medical people, but no one was seriously hurt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter