• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the current standing/sitting policy for watching fireworks in the hub?

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
I have read this alluded to, but what are they now enforceing in terms of standin and/or sitting when watching the fireworks in the hub?

As of about a month or two ago, they make everyone stand during the show. I believe that this is to fit in more people, though I think it makes for an uncomfortable time, never mind smaller people being able to see around taller people.

We sat in August which was perfect because my DS's could see everything even the baby was enjoying it. I hope they change back because there's no way my kids could have seen all the castle effects standing behind grownups! And what about people in wheelchairs who can't stand? Sounds like a bad idea/policy. I'm glad we saw it in August from the hub because in Dec. we might have to watch from elsewhere, now.

Last weekend it started with everyone sitting. However, shortly before the fireworks started, CMs came by and told everyone they had to stand so that more people could come in to the area and watch the show.

So where is the very best place to watch the fireworks? In front of the castle, or anywhere on main street??

In front of the castle is the best, but anywhere around the hub area with a clear view of the castle and the matterhorn would be great too, since fireworks go off around the hub area.

Other good viewing areas (without the castle) are near It's a Small World, Rivers of America, and the DL train station at the front of the park.

By the 'Hub' do you mean the area in front of the castle, where the statue of Walt and Mickey are?
:earsgirl:

Yes, the area around the partner statue is the "Hub". Note that the fireworks go off to the left of the castle so take that in to account when you select your spot. There are trees etc that are around the hub area so they could impare your view.

When we were there last month, we were right at the rope closest in front of the castle...a little off to the left which was perfect! We so loved it there! It made it a little harder to get everything on film, but we were right in the midst of it, and no one in front of us. It was awesome.

The CM about 5 minutes before the show told everyone in the area right in front of the castle they had to sit down. I do not know if the people on the other side of the street behind us (in the hub where the mickey and Walt statue is) had to sit too. I was so in awe I never turned around to check!!! But we had to sit, and that was just fine. Highlight of my trip! :teeth:

I was there on Saturday and everyone in the hub was sitting and it looked like everyone in front of the castle was standing. I don't know how the kids can see anything when you are packed like sardines if you are standing :(

First week of October. We were to the left of the HUB (one of us sitting on a park bench). Much to my dismay, when the fireworks started everyone stood for the fireworks. I had to hold DD (3.75). NEedless to say my body was sore the next day.

I have no idea why everyone stands up. :( IT was very crowded, but people were all sitting until the show started.

Now for Fantasmic, everyone stays seated and are told to do so (and to fold strollers down, etc).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter