What is on deck 1 starboard in the "grey" area?

mrsgthatsme

Mouseketeer
We are trying to decide between a couple of rooms on deck 2 on the Magic. One is midship starboard, and I notice that the area under those rooms is unmarked. Does anyone know what is located there? If so, would you anticipate any noise that could be heard right above that area? Thanks so much!

We are trying to decide between a couple of rooms on deck 2 on the Magic. One is midship starboard, and I notice that the area under those rooms is unmarked. Does anyone know what is located there? If so, would you anticipate any noise that could be heard right above that area? Thanks so much!

Most likely crew rooms, tender lobby, or other crew areas. Sometimes if you look up a specific rooms' reviews people will call out whether they heard anything or if the room was quiet. Sometimes they even say what is next to or below them - have you already searched for those?

I have. None of the reviews for the specific room mentioned issues. However I saw one person noted extra noise starboard on deck two in that general vicinity and suggested choosing a port room on that deck. Wasn’t sure if that was a common problem area or just a fluke.

If you’re referencing my post, it was not noise from underneath us, it was noise from above as our cabin was under a galley area.

If you’re referencing my post, it was not noise from underneath us, it was noise from above as our cabin was under a galley area.
Thanks, but it actually was a post somewhere else just generally advising port in that area over starboard.

What room numbers? I have ways to see what non public areas are around rooms and decks.

2552 and 2550 :)
I can't tell you what's under those rooms, but I can tell you I've stayed in 2550 and my mom has stayed in 2552 (on two separate vacations) and I heard nothing underneath. So I don't know what's down there, but whatever it is, it's silent as can be. Great room choices both.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomreport.cfm?Room=1050 (my review from last year)
We have stayed in 1050, 1051, 1052, and 1053. All nice and quiet. The interior state rooms are super quiet, the ones right across the hall had a little more ship noise, I think the anchor. But not terrible. The gray area that is directly behind 1051 and 1053 I think is part of the elevator mechanism so we did hear very faint mechanical whirring that I would totally stay there again and I am a light sleeper. When I find helpful when I see a gray area on the map is to read the reviews of state rooms above it, below it, and next to it, and usually I can divine from cross-referencing all that if my room will be noisy if there aren’t a lot of reviews for my room.

edited to add: I realize these aren’t the rooms you were looking at on the second floor, but I included my review as an example of finding out what the rooms just beneath you or just diagonally beneath you are like.

Directly below those cabins, and spanning the length of the stbd side are officers cabins. All ocean view.. Where the inside cabins would be on deck 1 are ac handlers forward and aft of the midship stairs. The port side of deck 1 is inside and ocean view pax cabins.
Thanks so much for checking that for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter