What is going on with the weather??

I'd say it's still better than an Aug/Sept day at WDW. Florida is non-stop heat, humidity and rain. SoCal...just dry heat. And this seems to be pretty normal. I watch temps in Anaheim and Pismo, my two favorite spots to hit. Every September, SoCal gets blasted as does Pismo. Pismo is usually 65-75 all year. But in September, the ocean always gets warm which means the air coming off of it, which is usually freezing, is warm. It's been this way for centuries and will continue to be the same. September is just a warm time to do California.

I'd say it's still better than an Aug/Sept day at WDW. Florida is non-stop heat, humidity and rain. SoCal...just dry heat. And this seems to be pretty normal. I watch temps in Anaheim and Pismo, my two favorite spots to hit. Every September, SoCal gets blasted as does Pismo. Pismo is usually 65-75 all year. But in September, the ocean always gets warm which means the air coming off of it, which is usually freezing, is warm. It's been this way for centuries and will continue to be the same. September is just a warm time to do California.
Good to know about Pismo! Gonna have to put a September visit on my radar.

Good to know about Pismo! Gonna have to put a September visit on my radar.
We've been going to Pismo in Sept the last couple of years because our twins are going to school in SLO and we go down to help them move their stuff. I never spent much time there until now. I love it! But I adore San Clemente, too. Our older daughter is in her last year at UCI and she likes to show us around.

I am one of those people that never really acclimates. I'm pretty much fine in hot weather but if the temps drop below 90, I may get chilly LOL. I always have a lightweight sweatshirt in my bag, even when it's 105, because the change from outdoor to indoor temps makes me soooo cold.

I'd say it's still better than an Aug/Sept day at WDW. Florida is non-stop heat, humidity and rain. SoCal...just dry heat.

I disagree with this completely. I've done WDW in August and September numerous times and don't find it to be too bad, mostly because of the cloud cover and thunderstorms that provide some relief. I would go to WDW right now. On the contrary, I will absolutely not go to Disneyland on a day where temps in the 100s are forecast. Absolutely not. The sun is RELENTLESS and you literally feel like you are being cooked alive from above and below as the heat radiates off the walkways. It is absolute torture and I won't do it under any circumstances. There is no cloud cover or rainstorm that will come and cool things down.

I'd take the humidity over the scorching dry desert heat any day, and I hate humidity.

I’m a native Houstonian…. I giggle when Californians say it’s humid. 😂

Heat is one thing….. heat and humidity is another.

Well, wait times right now make the parks seem totally empty! TONS of 5 and 10 minute waits. Even RSR is only at 45.

I think it definitely shows how they need pass holders…. I bet most of the locals bailed because of the weather and what’s left are mostly out of towners!

I think it definitely shows how they need pass holders…. I bet most of the locals bailed because of the weather and what’s left are mostly out of towners!
Weekend MKey reservations are wide open currently. Could be people cancelled or could just be they released more. It’ll be interesting to see the crowd level since it’s a holiday weekend.

Weekend MKey reservations are wide open currently. Could be people cancelled or could just be they released more. It’ll be interesting to see the crowd level since it’s a holiday weekend.
I know Enchant is blocked out…. That’s what we have.

Yes, I’m definitely interested in seeing the crowd levels over the weekend. We were there Labor Day weekend 2019, and it was hot. 96 on Sunday. Parks were busy Saturday, slammed Sunday, and quiet Monday.

I know Enchant is blocked out…. That’s what we have.

Yes, I’m definitely interested in seeing the crowd levels over the weekend. We were there Labor Day weekend 2019, and it was hot. 96 on Sunday. Parks were busy Saturday, slammed Sunday, and quiet Monday.

I really wonder what this "new era" of attendance brings to the Labor Day week crowd flow. 2021 was still finding its legs, so I'm wondering if 2022 will follow pre-2019 and be relatively empty Wednesday to Sunday of Labor Day week.

We won't be there for it this time, but curious to see wait times coming up.

It's cancellations. We had only been able to make our reservations for Saturday about week ago, just before the forecast turned ominous. I had been trying to score either Saturday or Sunday of this weekend for several weeks with no luck.

I cancelled our reservations a few days ago because there is no way we want to be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter