What is everyone's Plans?

Luv0fDisney

DIS Veteran
What is everyone's plans for the upcoming Thursday...Thanksgiving?
Is anybody doing any shopping on Black Friday?

For Thanksgiving, my parents and i are going to my aunt's house as usual.
I'm not going to shop on Friday. Although I do want to go to Walmart but I don't want to get mixed up in black friday shopping. :(
I saw that walmart will have Brave for $8.95 blu ray disc!... I sooo want

Thanksgiving DH will be working during the day. His Patriots play that night so we'll have a quick dinner and he can settle in and watch the game. I'll probably do some baking during the day. Maybe run out to a couple stores and see what is going on.

Friday I will do our grocery shopping and I have to wait for delivery of furniture. DH will be working. Oh and I'll be cooking our Thanksgiving dinner.

My brother and I live about 15 minutes apart, but we both live about 45 minutes from our Aunt's house. But her health isn't good, she can't travel or cook a big meal (and my uncle is doing what he can to care for her and run a business and doesn't have time to cook). So we're driving up and bringing dinner with us.

I'm extra excited because DH can join us this year. He works nights and most years works both Wednesday and Thrusday, so he has to sleep all day so he can go to work. But this year his days off for this quarter are Tuesday and Wednesday. Since he'll be well rested he can join us for dinner before going to work!

We are going out to eat with my Aunt and my Cousin's family. I've never had Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant before, so it'll be a new experience for me.

We are driving the 45 min to my Dad's, they have the big meal for lunch. In the afternoon we'll go visit with my mom who lives a mile from my dad for a few minutes before going home. She has the big meal around noon as well and thats when my neice and nephews will be there. They'll all be gone by the time we stop by but that's OK too. My brother lives in FL and doesn't come up for the holidays.

We are driving 6 hrs each way to spend the long weekend with MIL/FIL and various members of DH's extended family. I like them all so it will be fun though it can be a little overwhelming coming from a small family background. We will do some shopping Friday & Saturday.

Going to DBF's parents on Thursday. I'm taking green bean casserole made my way. lol Friday he has to work so I'm planning on going to the local western wear store (it's going out of business so I'm hoping for a good deal on some boots!) and a local bead shop. Not really planning on doing much else that day so I'll probably be home watching movies/cleaning/crafting.

Thanksgiving Day if I'm up early enough I'll watch the parade and later we're just going to have early dinner and watch Miracle on 34th Street.

I haven't decided if I'm going out Friday it depends on the weather.
I am going Wednesday to rent some movies and have them around to watch over the weekend incase the weather gets bad or we're bored.

Wisdom teeth surgery on Black Friday...yayyyyy!!!

:hug: At least you can enjoy a nice Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday.:) After Friday, it'll probably be awhile before you're up to eating solid foods. Good luck and hope all goes well!

We are spending five days in California.:cool1: The only thing I made this year for Thanksgiving was dinner reservations.:)

We are delivering meals to the people effected by Sandy late morning/early afternoon, then going out to a restaurant for an early dinner and then heading out shopping.

We are "supposed" to have Thanksgiving at my hoouse. BUT do to a family emergency this weekend it is subject to change. :worried:

We'll watch the parade and the dog show--rooting for.the poodles, of course. Dinner around 1:30, followed by.the raising of the tree. The kids will take.off.to be.with friends after dinner and I will watch my annual Gone With The Wind.

Going up to my in-laws house for the weekend. Don't have to do any of the cooking. No Black Friday shopping. Have to be back Sunday afternoon for a sweet sixteen party for a friend of our children.

Debating whether I want to buy cheap tickets from StubHub to watch my football team embarrass itself on Monday Night Football.

We are having our big dinner on Wednesday. We'll eat leftovers early on Thursday, and then we are driving about an hour and a half north, and checking into a hotel.
I have decided to use up the rest of my rewards points from this year to give us a much needed treat. We'll check into the hotel, swim for a bit and then walk over to the outlet mall on the same property for their big sale at 9p.m. I figure we'll shop till we drop, then go back and crash in our room.
It will be a very different kind of Thanksgiving for us, but I am really excited about it! :thumbsup2

Our DS and DDIL bought a new house in July, and they want to host Thanksgiving so we'll be going to their house. They are furnishing the turkey, stuffing, relish tray and punch and the rest of us will be bringing 2-3 dishes each. There will be 14 of us around the table. Usually we go out to a restaurant (my Mom pays) for Thanksgiving dinner, so I'm looking forward to a more relaxed day with family. :) And since it will be pushing 60 degrees and sunny (or so the weatherman is predicting) I want to go for a nice, long walk after dinner. :)

No, no, no to Black Friday shopping! Went once a few years ago, never again! I will probably spend some time in the morning at my computer, pointing and clicking and ordering gifts for Christmas. :) Then in the afternoon/evening I'll be babysitting for my two young grandsons (both age 7) and youngest granddaughter (age 3) as the parents are going to Ford Field in Detroit to watch our local high school football team play for the state championship. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter