What I'm Focussed On - Fireworks for the Year

I love taking fireworks shots!

I used a Canon point and shoot for these.

Just got back from a quick Spring Break trip with the family. This was my first time shooting fireworks with a full frame body (Nikon D610) and without an ND filter (Nikon 14 - 24 f/2.8).

16 mm, f/13, 17 seconds, ISO 100

Wow! This is my new wallpaper.

22yeiv.jpg

It was the last Winter Fireworks show on Friday night at the Docklands this year. I've been working on shooting with the 9-stop ND filter and had been slowly working my way up in settings to get a 'fuller' fireworks picture for the 10 minute show. I still hadn't gotten the top part of the sky properly exposed yet....

....So, with only one last night to go, I decided I needed to throw caution to the wind....and sadly....overexposed the shot!

ISO 400, f/6.3, 570 seconds.

I like the top half of the sky better than the other 2 attempts at a 10 minute exposure. Next year....my starting point will be ISO 320, f/7.1.

Question for all you firework picture taking experts! How do you guys deal with the smoke in the editing process? Trying to edit my Hallowishes pics atm with Lightroom and unfortunately the smoke is sitting in front of most of the big fireworks. Can't seem to find a way to reduce the impact of it so you can actually see the fireworks more clearly. Any suggestions? Below is an example of what I'm dealing with lol

Question for all you firework picture taking experts! How do you guys deal with the smoke in the editing process? Trying to edit my Hallowishes pics atm with Lightroom and unfortunately the smoke is sitting in front of most of the big fireworks. Can't seem to find a way to reduce the impact of it so you can actually see the fireworks more clearly. Any suggestions?

I use Adobe's DeHaze filter - available in PS/Camera Raw and Lightroom CC.
http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2015/0...aw-9-1-for-photoshop-cc-and-lightroom-cc.html

Early shots with my slr..Smoke...yep I've got smoke!! Love ALL the great shots here.
I'm still in the very, very early stages of my learning process on how to
properly shoot fireworks!! :faint:

DSC_03532807.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter