What if party size changes for an ADR....

Picabo

"Hi, my name is Picabo & I'm a Disboard-o-holic!!"
What happens if your ADR size changes? We may have friends coming to join us for a few of our days on the trip and they probably won't make their final decision till that week. (They live in FL) If we make an ADR for 6 people (there are 4 of us, 2 of them) and only the 4 of us show up at a restaurant, is there any problem with that? Or if we call just 24 hrs in advance to say the other part of our group isn't going - will we just LOOSE our reservation all together?

I've never had a problem with altering ADR's.... I would recommend making the ADR for the total possible group size, and if it ends up that your friends can't make it, then just call disney dining from your hotel room, or concierge, and let them know.

If you're going to do that...it's no doubt much easier to say you are six and show up with four than to say you are four and show up with six.

On our last Disney trip, we met up with friends and make ADR for six but they decided to parks a couple of days. When we check-in I just said party of 3 instead of 6 and none of the restaurants gave me any problem...they just seated us at our time of ADR. Hope this helps.

On our last Disney trip, we met up with friends and make ADR for six but they decided to parks a couple of days. When we check-in I just said party of 3 instead of 6 and none of the restaurants gave me any problem...they just seated us at our time of ADR. Hope this helps.

OK thanks! I guess part of me is afraid that they'll seat the 4 of us at a table for 6 and then we've used up valuable room that someone else could have had. But I'd assume that at that point they'd just seat us at a smaller table and maybe some one else would be able to fit in as a walk-up or something. (Not that we'd mind a larger table - haha - I just hate to waste space and have someone else NOT get a reservation, if that makes sense)

The night before I called ADR and said I was changing our group size and they told me there is no table for 3 so I keep the 6...when we check in I told them my friends and her family decided to go to a different park so they seated us at a table for 4 not 6 so no need to worry...they did not frown...they smiled and seated us and said have a wonderful meal.

It's really no problem. They will seat you at a table appropriate for your size. We had 1 not join us at CRT (prepaid) and it was no issue. We were billed for our correct party size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter