What if AP rates NEVER come??

AdventureKat- it wasn't THAT bad a tangent. :)

We rented points for OKW, too - for next March. We rented from a nice lady in NJ. She'll have the money, and we'll have a really nice 2 bedroom villa. On site.

I simply decided that I was NOT going to spend six or seven months fretting over whatever rates might (or might not) be. OKW is beautiful, and now I can get on with planning everything else - the fun stuff!

Bought this (second time) AP for last December's trip of 10 days. Got great rates at CR, which enabled me to heve my mother join us. Planned to do another trip during the year, since the combination of paid admission and room discounts make it really affordable. Went in May for a planned 8 nights for $1100 (air, CBR, car). Sweet, but the trip got cut short. Going to finish vacation in October, counting on staying on-site (loved CBR and I want to go back!) and bought airfare. No AP discounts. Oh, well, time for Plan B. We're splitting the stay 5 nights/4 nights between Hotel Royal Plaza and ASMu. I would not have booked on site at all, (and it really bites me that an all-stars costs over a hundred bucks a night!) but it's our last trip for at least a year (more, depending on what they do with AP program.) From now on, we'll probably do off-site only.

My bigger concern is what if they stop APs completely? That will really end our disney days.

I can't ever see Disney or any other amusement park ending the use of AP or Season Passes, because this is the way they get the locals in.

I've always figured this was why MK was so busy on Saturdays, because if I was a local I'd have an AP and I'd be there as often as possible.

Last time I was at Disneyland, we were there on a Friday afternoon in mid-October and you could tell when school let out because all of the sudden there were teenagers everywhere :eek: and a very quiet day became very busy and we were glad we did everything in the morning.

Perhaps Disney is rethinking the APs because so many people are expecting discounts (that are not guaranteed) and are now angry. Maybe they will limit them to locals or something of this nature.

I think most of the posters on this thread have the right idea, you book your vacations according to your budget and go where you perceive the best value to be.

If I was going to spend a week or two in Orlando and only visit the Disney parks once or twice I would stay offsite, very cheap and drive around. But since my vacation is a DISNEY vacation and I can't stand US/IOA or Sea World, I spend the extra to stay onsite. To me its worth it.

Everyone has their own perception of value and their own idea of how their vacation should go, that's why we have so many options.

When I see all these people stressing over whether or not they are going to get these (not guaranteed) rates, all I can think is that this is not the way that vacation planning is supposed to be, if its not fun, why bother?

At this point in time, I am not renewing my APs. Not because I'm launching some kind of boycott, but because I got a really great rate at the GF with the Winter DreamMaker Package with the passes included. If something comes up, I'll just buy them again. If nothing comes up, I still have a great rate and Hopper Passes.

Maybe that's the scam. They want people to take advantage of the packages and not the AP rates? Who knows? I'm not even stressing about it. I'm just getting the best rate for me and if that means Disney doesn't get my $350+ dollars each for the APs, then that's how it's going to be.

It will, however, discourage me from taking shorter trips through the year, but that will also save me some money, so it's probably a good thing for me - not for Disney, of course, but I'm out for my own bottom line and not theirs.

If AP rates never come back it will not affect my decision to renew my AP at all!!!

We purchased our AP's simply for the value. Since we are DVC members, we spend around 20 days at Disney and it was far cheaper to purchase and AP than a park hopper ticket for each trip.

We usually add on a few days at different resorts prior to our DVC stay so it will bum me out if room only discounts never come back, but I will still buy an AP.

We will be staying offsite for the very first time this year. In the past we have always stayed LV Poly. I wont pay rack rates and since we are AP holders, the FTP didn't work for us. We are leaving 8/30 and I am excited to go back. The only difference I can see in us staying offsite is that we wont be dining at the various hotels inside Disney.

Forget the AP rates! I just booked the CBR for November for $106.40/night thru AAA. They were also offering the Allstars at $60.61 night. The Deluxes had great rates too......Go to www.aaa.com and check out the hotel rates. I feel great that I finally got a good rate and can sleep tonight!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter