"What I learned from the DIS" - Spring Break 06 - **5/12 Final Day w/pics, Page 9**

MOMOFMNM said:
now whos feeling like the left out nerd???

just remember: I was on long ago...before all these cool people started showing up here...so you have to pledge you allegiance to me...don't go gettin' all cool on me....remember the little people!!! :cool1:

I do love your TR and fwiw...5 hr from WDW????????? You'd be insane NOT to get an ap!!!

OK, here's the deal. It is truly impossible for ANYONE that sits on the computer all day and talks Disney with a bunch of stranger/friends to be cool. We are ALL just a bunch of nerds...and I'm enjoying your TR by the way.

javamom said:
*chuckles at self*

Disney geek inventory (mine):

Excel spreadsheet detailing all information and confirmation numbers

including flight, hotel, ADRS, cancelled ADR numbers (yes I have one already), park tickets

tour guide Mike AVP info... endless

Another spreadsheet to run dining options through for ADRS not yet made (June will be here quicker than I know)

Timeline notations for buying MVMCP tickets, and CP at Epcot.

Checklist of ADRs requiring pre-payment

Notes of all "Dis stuff" like Alien Green paint samples, ribbon in case we decide to rent a stroller

Honorary membership in the DMVC, gotta have my java afterall

Oh and my handy Passporter to put it all in.

Only trouble is the closer it comes, the more I question whether I should chuck the dining plan and get one AP, the discounts, and regular park hoppers for the family... so we can come again... next year because we have an AP afterall... and I just might happen to show DH the VWL while we are there and he will just really love it and want to buy into DVC. Yep that AP is looking better all the time...
:cloud9:

I'm with you and the rest of the Dis geeks. I have a Passporter, and lovelovelove the book, but as an organizer I have found that my homemade thingie works better. It's plain old black pocket folder, and I put a couple of sheet protectors for "permanent" info like the list of walkin clinics, the important phone numbers like Disney Dining, etc. There's a pouch thingie I added that holds the passes (current and leftovers, marked with how many days left) my cool lanyard I got from AllEarsnet, bla bla bla. In the pockets got the excel spreadsheet of our itinerary, and all the confirmation sheets. The best part is that the whole outside of the folder is covered in Disney stickers. Thanks DVC reps for all the stickers!

And -- javamom -- did you know, if you buy DVC you'll get a hundred bucks off your AP? Tell your dh -- it's a bargain you can't refuse! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey nicolemarie, I like your report. It will be fun to see what comes next! :thumbsup2

This day, DH and I begin what will become the morning ritual for the rest of the week. One of us makes Zzub’s beloved “coffee walk” with our refillable mugs, and we sit out on the balcony and watch the World wake up. It is a treasured time. This particular morning we have nothing but the 5:00 Hoop Dee Doo on the agenda. I tried for several weeks before our trip to get the 7:15 show, but NO SOUP FOR YOU! Or fried chicken and ribs either, unless you come at 5:00. So I booked this day and decided we’d not do a park, but putter around the Boardwalk, swim a little bit, and then head to the Hoop Dee Doo.

As we sip our coffee, I notice there are lots of runners out for a run around the Boardwalk/Epcot area this morning. Show offs. Who RUNS at Disney? Isn’t traipsing around the parks all day with a backpack and two kids enough exercise? Come on…relax! You are on vacation!! But the running bug bit me a few years ago and I actually enjoy it – as much as you can enjoy exercise. So I comment to DH:

Me: “Maybe I should go for a run before the kids get up. We don’t have a busy day and it would be a great way to start my Festival of Poor Eating.”
DH: “Nah. Just enjoy the morning. You’ll get enough exercise this week and you don’t want to start off tired.”
Me: “Yeah, you’re right. What was I thinking anyway?”

This conversation will have significance later.

So the kids finally wake up, they watch a little Toon Disney while we get showers, and we decide to head over to the Boardwalk and rent a Surrey Bike for a little recreation before lunch.

We’ve spent enough time around the Epcot area during the previous 24 hours to know that lots of families seem to be enjoying the Surrey Bikes. I’m not sure why I capitalize Surrey Bike. We’ve even rented one before on a vacation last summer. At a resort that was all flat. So we walk to the bike counter and request the one bench/one basket bike. We confirm that tall DD7 is not too big for the basket, and wait for a family to return with our bike of choice. The kids hop in front, DH and I in the back, and we get our instructions. “Only pedal forward. If you go backward the chain will come off. (Why is this?) Stay within the immediate circle of the Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach club and do not take the path to Epcot or the Swan/Dophin area. Go only one-way in this direction (starting to the right). There are two small hills, but just pedal slowly and you’ll be fine. Enjoy your trip!”

In honor of Zzub, we ring the bell and we’re off. I laugh heartily inside as I remember his description of the Surrey Bike experience. We pedal happily along, having some good ‘ole American fun. I set the timer on my watch so we don’t exceed our 30 minute rental time, and we breeze down the Boardwalk. “This is fun!” the kids exclaim. Yes, my dears, it is. Until the hill over the bridge to the YCBC. It is quite steep. DH says, “Well, you did want to run this morning. Think of it as a mini-workout.” Is it possible that my legs are burning already? I’m no marathoner, but I am in pretty decent shape. And this is miserable. We reach the top and coast down, rather quickly because DH won’t use the brake, DD loudly ringing the bell all the way. However, the bell must actually be silent because no one moves out of the way. And we are going fast. This really isn’t so much fun after all. After a few nasty looks as moms pull their sweeties out of the way of our speed bike, we coast back down to a normal speed and head through the Stormalong Bay area. Passing the Beach Club. Passing the Yacht Club. Did I say the hill going from BW to BC was steep? Well, not hardly – compared to the one from the YC back over to the BW. By this time I’m getting a little miffed. And we’ve only been on the bike seven minutes. DH is a CPA by profession, and you’ve probably heard about how they are with the money. Although, I have to give him a little credit. Like I said in the original post, he likes a good vacation. And he isn’t a cheapskate when it comes to me and the kids. But, by golly, we are going to get our FULL THIRTY minutes from this rental. So we have time for this spectacle two more times. And by the end of the third, I am LIVID and can’t move my legs.

The CM takes a family picture so we’ll never forget this most happy moment, and I limp down the Boardwalk for lunch at ESPN Club. It’s decent – nothing to write home about – and we go back to the room to change for a swim. We have promised the kids they could swim today, since yesterday was a bust and they were really looking forward to it. Unless it is absolutely unavoidable, I never break a promise to my kids. It’s really not warm enough to swim, so DH and I get in the hot tub that faces the big sandy area. The kids play in the sand with a CM who gets paid to play in the sand with kids. Not a bad gig for him, I guess.

When we can’t take it any more, we go back to the room, take a little rest, and hop the bus for MK. Where we will then catch a boat to Ft. Wilderness for the Hoop Dee Doo. Now I have never been to Ft. Wilderness. In fact, until the DIS, I didn’t even know there was a Ft. Wilderness. And upon arrival, I am very impressed. It is a clean, rustic area with a cool playground that the kids love. Since we have made 5:00 by the skin of our teeth, we bypass the playground and move quickly to Pioneer Hall, promising the kids we’ll play there after the show. Remember what I said about promises to my sweeties?

Once again, I am not led astray by the DIS, and the Hoop Dee Doo is a really cute, good time. Sixbits, or whatever his name was, is really funny and it kind of reminds me of the old Hee Haws I used to watch with my grandparents. If you don’t know what Hee Haw is, I suggest a Google search. The fried chicken and ribs were good, strawberry shortcake even better, and the show held the attention of DD and DS for the whole 2 hours. But here is my complaint. Where is the SWEET TEA? For the love of all that is good in the world, this kind of meal REQUIRES sweet tea!! Not the kind I sweeten myself with a pack of Splenda.

The show is over, and my DIS research has informed me of the cute little campfire/movie time with Chip and Dale over in the campground. “What a great idea!” I say as I am planning itineraries. Since we will finish the HDD about 7:00 and the campfire sing-a-long starts then, we can mosey that way. Well, not really mosey – we have to take a bus because it’s way back in the campground. We’ll roast a few marshmallows, take some pictures and be back at the YC for a good night’s sleep before our first park day.

Since this is my trip report, I am entitled to voice my opinion. The campfire was not “all that”. I will admit, we are not campers. My son will, and has already, shared many happy father/son moments with his Dad. But camping will probably never be one of them. Now my family, we camped. We took a camper up to the mountains of North Carolina every year in the fall and had a great time. Went with several other families, hiked, picnicked, roasted marshmallows – good times. Back then. Not such good times now. The kids were cold. Instead of a big, roaring fire in the middle of the area, there was a little pit off to the side where you could roast your $3 bag of marshmallows. No, you didn’t get the whole bag. The whole bag that is about $1.50 in the grocery store. You got a zip-lock bag of marshmallows and a stick for $3. The lady strumming the guitar and singing Disney tunes, with no participation from the audience even though this is a “sing-a-long”, was mediocre at best. My first experience with sub-par Disney music. So we bailed pretty quickly. And waited. And waited. And waited for a bus back to Pioneer Hall. There was no walking as we were too far away.

Since I had promised the kids a visit to the playground, we told them they could play until we saw the boat coming to the dock. It took just a few minutes, and in the darkness we could see the lights of the boat that would take us back to the MK. Unbeknownst to us, there was a large line waiting for this boat and we would not get on. It is still very cold, and we wait 20 LOOONG minutes before we see the Lights of Rescue coming for us again. But alas, they are going to the other side of the dock to go to the Contemporary. We bail from our great spot in line and reason that from the Contemporary, we will walk the short walk to the bus area, and be on our way to the YC. We do not get this boat either, even though the line did not appear too long. So now we have lost our place in line, missed two boats and tensions are running high. The antics performed by our kids that were funny just a few short moments ago are now annoying. DH is now thinking maybe I am not such the Disney genius, and things are going downhill fast. Did I mention it was COLD? Eventually we get a boat back to the MK, hop the bus to the YC, and have warmed up from a hot shower before bed. Despite a couple of snafus, this has still been a great day and we are looking forward to our day at Epcot tomorrow.

Next Up – Day Three. Epcot, swimming, and more Epcot

What I learned from the DIS:

1. That the Hoop Dee Doo and Ft. Wilderness even existed. I had never heard of either, and truly enjoyed both.
2. That it’s OK to back off from the commando mentality, and have days like this one. We will definitely work these in to every trip.
3. That there is a campfire/free movie/sing-a-long at the Ft. Wilderness campground every night. It was not really our thing, but it is still a great concept.
4. That Surrey Bikes are available for rent at the Boardwalk. And Port Orleans according to Zzub. What I didn’t learn was how tiring it would be.

Great report! Glad the Maelstromers sent me this way (and ZZUB or was it ZZUBTON).

Anyway, the teaser...you know the one...the "tip" the monorail CM gave you... it's killing me.

I like that you list the tips that you learned from the DIS. I considered myself a veteran WDW tourer until I found the DIS. It amazes me how much I learn every day from reading this board.

Looking forward to the rest!

I am really enjoying your trip reports and looking forward to the next one. :)

Thanks for the info, and confirmation that HDDReview is a good thing. My vague memories of it from 21 years ago (yikes!) are accurate after all, and it's on the agenda for our first night at DW. Now I know to get there early enough to let the kids play on the playground, and to skip the campfire "sing-a-long" afterwards.

Okay, I'm pretty retentive, and the 3-ring binder/passporter thing holds appeal to me. But for the first time in seven years, I don't have to tote around a diaper bag, so am eager to travel light--I've already got the fanny pack! So do you carry around all this info every day, or just pull the appropriate sheets for the day's activities and leave the rest in the room? I'm also cheap, so I don't want to waste the money on something I'm going to end up abandoning because it's too cumbersome to use! HELP!

skent10 said:
Thanks for the info, and confirmation that HDDReview is a good thing. My vague memories of it from 21 years ago (yikes!) are accurate after all, and it's on the agenda for our first night at DW. Now I know to get there early enough to let the kids play on the playground, and to skip the campfire "sing-a-long" afterwards.

Okay, I'm pretty retentive, and the 3-ring binder/passporter thing holds appeal to me. But for the first time in seven years, I don't have to tote around a diaper bag, so am eager to travel light--I've already got the fanny pack! So do you carry around all this info every day, or just pull the appropriate sheets for the day's activities and leave the rest in the room? I'm also cheap, so I don't want to waste the money on something I'm going to end up abandoning because it's too cumbersome to use! HELP!

Yep - I'd skip the campfire. But that's just us.

As I type this, I realize just exactly how nerdy this will sound. But this is what I did. In the morning as we had coffee, I would review the activities of the day that were in the notebook. I really like to read, so it was enjoyable for me and not cumbersome. I even had menus from Allears! I'd make sure I knew where restaurants were located, what time to be where, etc. But really we didn't have much scheduled for each day. Usually one, maybe two, table service meals and the times for the parades/fireworks at the park we were going to. The YC printed out all our ADR's, so I just folded that and kept it with me just in case. It was the only thing I took with me - it will easily work with your fanny pack! Total investment was less than $5 for the notebook if you don't count the TGM subscription! Happy planning!

"hoochies" :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: That is exactly the way I feel about my 5 year old son!! I know I should be ashamed but somehow it's even different with him than it is with my 17 year old son! I'm loving your reports and yes I also took a ride on the surrey bike around Crescent Lake ONCE!! I'm glad you enjoyed the YC too!

I'm with ya on the sweet tea thing- can you believe they don't have it at Whispering canyon either? I had to have diet Coke with my ribs!

nicolemarie said:
Yep - I'd skip the campfire. But that's just us.

As I type this, I realize just exactly how nerdy this will sound. But this is what I did. In the morning as we had coffee, I would review the activities of the day that were in the notebook. I really like to read, so it was enjoyable for me and not cumbersome. I even had menus from Allears! I'd make sure I knew where restaurants were located, what time to be where, etc. But really we didn't have much scheduled for each day. Usually one, maybe two, table service meals and the times for the parades/fireworks at the park we were going to. The YC printed out all our ADR's, so I just folded that and kept it with me just in case. It was the only thing I took with me - it will easily work with your fanny pack! Total investment was less than $5 for the notebook if you don't count the TGM subscription! Happy planning!

Oh not nerdy at all!

I actually printed out menu's and had them in a book at our room. When we needed to decide on a restaurant, I gave DH "the book" and he decided where we should go based on the menu's. Also had "tear-out" daily sheet from my binder, with the day's itinerary and ADR confirmation already on them!

You are in good company here!

You know, I’m beginning to panic a little. Today was the first day since I began planning our trip that I have not been on the computer much at all. Sure, I have checked in on the DIS here and there, made a couple of posts, worked a little on my TR. But I fear the magic is fading – that I am returning back to a pre Disney-trip-planning normalcy. And that makes me sad. I guess it’s time to plan a new trip.

Anyway, here goes Day Three – I hope to capture all my memories before they fade. Sniff, Sniff.

Day Three – Monday 3/26 Epcot, Maelstrom is a Fastpass?, and more Epcot

I am an early riser – whether at home, on vacation, or visiting family. Notice “vacation” and “visiting family” are not one in the same. Just kidding. Good bed, bad bed, early night, late night. Doesn’t matter. I’m still up early. This particular morning is no different – except that I’m at Disney. And already I have the twinges of “only six more days.” This is the longest Disney trip we’ve ever taken and I can only think of how soon we’ll be heading back home. All of the weeks of planning, packing, calling 1-407-WDW-DINE and pressing “1” since I wasn’t making a reservation at Victoria & Albert’s, checking the DIS, making sure TGM hasn’t updated anything lately – it will all be over so soon. Does anyone else ruin a perfectly incredible vacation by thinking about how the time is ticking away and there’s nothing you can do to stop it? I quickly realize how bratty that is – send up a prayer of gratitude, and get a quick shower.

If you aren’t careful, there is a certain prideful attitude that can come from DISing. All of a sudden you are clearly much better at a Disney vacation than the majority of Disney vacationers. Yes, the DIS may be the most popular message board on the World Wide Web (I actually read this somewhere – The Unofficial Guide, maybe?), but on my entire Spring Break, I never saw a lime-green Mickey head. Now, I didn’t sport one, either. As fun as it is to communicate with you all on line, I fear the personal interaction might be awkward. Those of you who have attended a DIS meet – please chime in. Anyway, I think DISers are in the minority at the World. Most people that come to Disney, come WITH NO PLAN!!! Now, I know there are all kinds of DISer’s – get to the parks at opening DISer’s, sleep late DISer’s, DISer’s who stay at a value for the weekend, DISer’s that spend two weeks at the GF RPC, DISer’s who ride rides, DISer’s who walk around taking it all in. But there is no DISer who comes to Disney uninformed. Regardless of how you choose to vacation at Disney, you are doing so with lots of info under your belt. Don’t get me wrong, I am truly grateful for the uninformed – “them” as Tour Guide Mike puts it. Because if everyone knew all the TGM and DIS tricks, well, they wouldn’t be tricks anymore and we’d all be in the same boat. Competing for ADR’s with the folks who think you can just walk up and get a table at California Grill right before Wishes like you can at the Outback in your hometown. Actually, at the Outback in Macon, you can’t just walk up and get a table. I’ve never really figured out why. I mean, it’s a decent restaurant, but I will NEVER wait an hour to eat there. Anyway, if everyone knew about all the tricks, they wouldn’t work for us anymore. So while I am glad the non-planners will always be the majority, I still don’t understand it.

So my months of researching, planning and becoming informed, have forced me to conclude that despite the close proximity of the Epcot resorts to the International Gateway entrance at Epcot, and despite the fact that you can either walk or take the boat to said entrance – very convenient – this entrance will not position you properly for a rope drop sprint to Soarin’. This will foil my plan. The only option that will allow a ride on Soarin’ at park opening, is taking a taxi to the front entrance of Epcot. So at 7:55 we are at the valet at YC requesting a taxi, at 7:58 the taxi arrives, and at 8:08 we are third in line at the Epcot turnstiles. With 52 minutes until opening. That’s a long time for a 7 and 3 yr old. It is only later in the week that I discover a much more productive way to be at the parks early.

But since we are 3rd in line, DH and DD are aboard the first of the Soarin’ liftoffs, and DS and I head over to TT and MS for FP’s. Boy, if you don’t DIS, you could never interpret that sentence. Thanks again to the friendly monorail driver, I score extra FP’s for MS – which we never need because neither myself nor DH will ride it for fear of needing the barf bag. We did the energy thing with Ellen – DS thought the dinosaurs were cool. We did Turtle Talk with Crush – it was pretty cute.

But my feelings on Epcot are complicated. There are plenty of reasons to love it. In my opinion, it is aesthetically the best park of the four. The architecture of the buildings in the World Showcase, the food, the lake, the fact that it is spread out and never looks all that crowded – it makes it a really nice park. But for kids, there just isn’t that much to offer. DD loved Soarin’ – and so did we (especially Puddy (sp?) doing the pre-flight check). Test Track was good, too. But we didn’t try Mission Space, and other than that, the rides are pretty lame. So we have covered plenty of territory in two hours and are ready for our ADR at Akershus at 11:20.

We walk through the World Showcase and as we turn the corner to check in at Norway, DH looks at the Maelstrom entrance. “Maelstrom is a Fastpass?” he says. WHAT? This is my DH – the man I share everything with. How could he have not told me he is a DISer! What could his screen name be? “DisneyDawg” would fit. Or is it “MyDWisahottie”? I keep my cool and cut my eyes over to him as he looks at the ride, and I see that he is just innocently amazed that this ride - with a 5 minute wait during a Spring Break week - is a Fastpass. I don’t really keep up on the Maelstromer’s thread on the CB – it moves a little fast for me now that I’m not DISin’ as much – but no matter what those folks think of the ride, we actually enjoyed it. So there.

After a mediocre lunch at Akershus, we spend a good bit of time in the Norway shop. DD’s school mascot is the Vikings. DS – who cries everyday that DH and DD leave for school without him – will get to start there next year. And he’s very proud of that fact. So he HAS to buy a Viking hat and sword. I take a picture of them both in the Viking attire – it will be cute in the school newsletter, and on my TR if I knew how to post pics – and we head back to YC for a swim.

Stormalong really is a great pool. The big waterslide, the lazy river, and the “beach” area lived up to our expectations. We had a great time there all week and were happy with our decision to stay at the YC.

I have to pose this question, though. Am I the only one who looks at the teeny boppers in their “barely there” bathing suits – WITH THEIR PARENTS – and wonders “What are you thinkin’ letting her sit out here NAKED?” Granted, my DD is still 7. And I control what she wears. No short shorts. No shirts that say “Flirt” (yes, these are available for 7 yr olds) or “Cutie” or “I Stole Your Boyfriend”. In fact, she only wears bikinis in our pool when no one else is there. And she has no “equipment”. But it continues to amaze me at the downhill turn in clothing for young girls – I hope I’m not eating my words when DD is 14. But I digress.

Back at the room, we have the kids take a rest, and while they do, DH goes to Beaches n’ Cream to get us each an ice cream. Another ritual for the week is having a treat on the balcony each afternoon as the kids rest. However, the magic is somewhat squelched on this day as it is Monday and the work on the YC back entrance that wasn’t going on Saturday or Sunday, is now being done right under our balcony. I don’t mean we can hear it a little, or we can see it a little, or “Isn’t that the sound of someone using a saw in the distance?” Nope – right under us. Bubba (rednecks can make fun of other rednecks) and his crew are hollerin’ instructions to each other, using the loud, electric saw and pointing out that “that level on the ladder cost 80 bucks – don’t let it fall and get broke”. Now there is nothing against these hard workin’ men. They were just doing their job, and probably as quietly as they knew how. But this going on RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE really bothered me. So much so, that I called the front desk and expressed my displeasure. I could not look forward to the afternoon delight on the balcony everyday if my background music was construction conversation. I am left on hold for literally 15 minutes while they supposedly check to see if another room is available. This call is obviously futile, so I walk to the front desk and have great luck with a nice CM. He sets me up to move into a room further away from the action, and I leave very pleased. I get back to the room and share this happy news with DH.

Me: “We can have everything packed up tomorrow morning and bell services will store it until we return in the afternoon and check in to the new room.”

DH: “We’re not moving.”

Me: “But the guy showed me what room it was, and even had me walk down to it to make sure I thought it was OK – it is even better than the view we have here and it will be so quiet.”

No dice. Type-A, already settled-in and not in the mood to start over DH says the noise isn’t that bad and he doesn’t want to move. After some thought, I unfortunately agree that it is lots of trouble, and head back out to the balcony.

The kids wake up, we go back to Epcot via the International Gateway entrance because we are in no hurry, and have a good time puttering around until Illuminations. WOW – I love that show. I don’t remember being as impressed with it last time, but it really is good stuff. Back to YC for bed and next up – Magic Kingdom.

What I learned from the DIS:

1. That Maelstrom is a FASTPASS!
2. To take a taxi to Epcot’s front entrance since it is a long walk from International Gateway to Soarin’.
3. That if I don’t like my room, I can request a change – even if I don’t take it.
4. That ice cream from Beaches n’ Cream is a must-do.

And already I have the twinges of “only six more days.” This is the longest Disney trip we’ve ever taken and I can only think of how soon we’ll be heading back home. All of the weeks of planning, packing, calling 1-407-WDW-DINE and pressing “1” since I wasn’t making a reservation at Victoria & Albert’s, checking the DIS, making sure TGM hasn’t updated anything lately – it will all be over so soon. Does anyone else ruin a perfectly incredible vacation by thinking about how the time is ticking away and there’s nothing you can do to stop it?

Yes! I was having the same feelings, that same day across the park from you at the Poly!

If you aren’t careful, there is a certain prideful attitude that can come from DISing. All of a sudden you are clearly much better at a Disney vacation than the majority of Disney vacationers. Yes, the DIS may be the most popular message board on the World Wide Web (I actually read this somewhere – The Unofficial Guide, maybe?), but on my entire Spring Break, I never saw a lime-green Mickey head. Now, I didn’t sport one, either. As fun as it is to communicate with you all on line, I fear the personal interaction might be awkward. Those of you who have attended a DIS meet – please chime in. Anyway, I think DISers are in the minority at the World. Most people that come to Disney, come WITH NO PLAN!!! Now, I know there are all kinds of DISer’s – get to the parks at opening DISer’s, sleep late DISer’s, DISer’s who stay at a value for the weekend, DISer’s that spend two weeks at the GF RPC, DISer’s who ride rides, DISer’s who walk around taking it all in. But there is no DISer who comes to Disney uninformed. Regardless of how you choose to vacation at Disney, you are doing so with lots of info under your belt. Don’t get me wrong, I am truly grateful for the uninformed – “them” as Tour Guide Mike puts it. Because if everyone knew all the TGM and DIS tricks, well, they wouldn’t be tricks anymore and we’d all be in the same boat. Competing for ADR’s with the folks who think you can just walk up and get a table at California Grill right before Wishes like you can at the Outback in your hometown. Actually, at the Outback in Macon, you can’t just walk up and get a table. I’ve never really figured out why. I mean, it’s a decent restaurant, but I will NEVER wait an hour to eat there. Anyway, if everyone knew about all the tricks, they wouldn’t work for us anymore. So while I am glad the non-planners will always be the majority, I still don’t understand it.

More of my 'my thoughts exactly,' NM!

I have to pose this question, though. Am I the only one who looks at the teeny boppers in their “barely there” bathing suits – WITH THEIR PARENTS – and wonders “What are you thinkin’ letting her sit out here NAKED?” Granted, my DD is still 7. And I control what she wears. No short shorts. No shirts that say “Flirt” (yes, these are available for 7 yr olds) or “Cutie” or “I Stole Your Boyfriend”. In fact, she only wears bikinis in our pool when no one else is there. And she has no “equipment”. But it continues to amaze me at the downhill turn in clothing for young girls – I hope I’m not eating my words when DD is 14. But I digress.

A-M-E-N...

Love your report. I'm still on the Dis and remembering last week. Keep it up!

You are too funny! Yes, we are all alike us disers! I work full time but most of my day here is spent right here talking to people about Disney! I learn something new every day. I love planning our trips. As a matter of fact, Disney needs to pay me for all the iteniaries I have made for everyone. The only thing that is bad is right when you get back from your trip, you have to wait for the next one. Well, our next trip is in 9 months and I had the iteniary done a month ago. I see you bought the AP. We are getting ours in Dec. and I'm so excited. I didn't realize you could save so much on the hotels!!!
Have a magical day!

Hi

I am staying at the BC in alittle over a week!!! What is the "coffee walk"? My husband has to have a pot of coffee every morning! :Pinkbounc

Tink 232 said:
Hi

I am staying at the BC in alittle over a week!!! What is the "coffee walk"? My husband has to have a pot of coffee every morning! :Pinkbounc

I don't want to plagarize from Zzub, but it is his description of that sacred time in the morning at Disney when you take your refillable mug to fill with coffee. Not good coffee, mind you, but coffee nonetheless.

Just wanted to sub to this great report. BTW, totally with you on the tweens with tatooed butts syndrome thats taking over the world lately. My DD6 was bought a two piece sweat suit with sexy chic across the butt by her grandmother for goodness sake!! She thought she was being hip and trendy, I decided its time for the medication :lmao: It went back to the shop next day.
Kepp up the great writing,
Claire xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts