What have you seen on the EA? (running thread)

We arrived very late on Fri 12/3 and the lot was about 1/3 full. Mostly Grand AMs. We ended up with a new Impala that I swear was in the intermediate section but I guess it is considered a "full-size". The woman at the gate made a phone call then waived us through. It was our first time using Emerald Club so I didn't realize until later that the Impala was not an intermediate but she just handed us the paper work and wished us a good vacation.

We loved it. The trunk fit 6 pieces of medium to small size luggage.

We'll definately be using EC again.

12/8 at 10:00 pm...The lot was full, we grabbed (kids choice) a Silver PT Cruiser with 3 miles on it...The kids loved it! I'm not a real car person, they all look the same to me, but I did notice a maroon camry right next to the PT Cruiser...

We arrived before noon on 12/10 and the EA was empty. The full size aisle was also empty (we reserved a full size). We had to go to the executive aisle to choose a full size and an employee was there to make sure we only choose a full size and nothing bigger. When we returned on Monday the 13th, there were alot of cars in the EA. A few were SUVs. We stopped doing EA and usually will only do emerald reserve now. But lucky for me, we just graduated to Executive Aisle.....woo hoo! so changed all of my 2005 ressies to reflect, paying intermediate prices and being guaranteed a full size or larger from the executive aisle.....can't wait!

There were a couple of Azteks and a couple of PT Cruisers on 12/9. We took an Aztek. It was really easy to spot in the parking lots.

On the "B" side there were several cars to pick from. Most of the cars were Chevrolet Classics. There was one Monte Carlo and three Impalas. I choose an Impala and am very happy with it!

About 10am on Dec 8 on the B side, the EA was full. Must have been 20 cars or more. We didn't walk the whole aisle, but mostly saw Classics, Grand Ams, a few PT Cruisers, a few minivans, 1 Equinox and 1 Aztec, which we grabbed.

12/8/04, B side, 11AM, all intermediates; we grabbed the only minivan. We were hoping for a PT cruiser but were happy to have the minivan!

12/8/04, B side, about 11am, Toyota Corolla with only 7 miles! The checkout took awhile as there were lines. Haven't encountered that before.

leebee,
While I was getting settled into the car, someone asked me if the minivan was on the aisle. If that was you - Hi!

n2mm- How do you graduate to Executive Aisle? What is the difference?

We had an Impala the last trip and really liked the huge trunk. It made all the difference our last day since we were able to load it up and go to Epcot and from there to the airport.

MaryKatesMom said:
n2mm- How do you graduate to Executive Aisle? What is the difference?

We had an Impala the last trip and really liked the huge trunk. It made all the difference our last day since we were able to load it up and go to Epcot and from there to the airport.

MaryKatesMom, you move to the next level (executive aisle) after you have rented for a total of 40 days in a year. I was glad to get to this level, since this was a new service this year, I missed that level by one day and had rented 39 days the previous year (had I known I would have added an extra day to one of my trips). At the executive level, you book a full size/ex.a and pay the intermediate price. You then choose from the executive aisle which includes luxury cars, but you never have less than a full size. You also can earn free days faster, because you only need 6 points instead of 7. If I rent for less than 40 days in 2005, I drop back down to EA.

We are EA members and booked an intermediate. I am wondering if you can still take a full size car (if available) for the same rate?

Muffy, if there is a full size in the emerald aisle you can take it, but you can not go to the full size aisle and select a full size. It's always a gamble using EA. The last 2 times I used EA (July and Oct) there were only intermediate cars. I now use full size emerald reserve.

n2mm said:
Muffy, if there is a full size in the emerald aisle you can take it, but you can not go to the full size aisle and select a full size. It's always a gamble using EA. The last 2 times I used EA (July and Oct) there were only intermediate cars. I now use full size emerald reserve.

Thank you for the quick reply!

n2mm said:

Heck, you could even get a SUV or minivan, but it doesn't happen very often anymore at MCO. Have fun!

Duds

I liked the old days when you could book full size at intermediate price and still use the EA. On my trip a couple of weeks ago, full size was $172 vs intermediate EA at $112. Too much difference to guarantee a full size (only 2 of us). I ended up with a full size anyway on the EA. I wonder how many $50 memberships they are selling these days with the current policies.

Arrived 12/08/04 around 7:00 pm. Went to B side for pickup. EA has plenty of cars. Also saw two minivans, an SUV and several PT Cruisers. But the deal breaker problem was the backup of cars waiting to check out. There were two aisles open and there were at least 25 cars in either line and still growing. And of course, all the unclaimed cars were down the aisle where you would have to try to cut in front of someone to get in the check out line.

I said to myself "no way" and went back into the terminal and walked over to the A side National pickup. Same excellent selection of vehicles as the B side including more PT Cruisers and vans (didn't see any SUV's here) but the best part was there was no one waiting to check out. So I picked out a Chevy Monte Carlo and headed out.

GoldenOldie said:
Arrived 12/08/04 around 7:00 pm. Went to B side for pickup. EA has plenty of cars. Also saw two minivans, an SUV and several PT Cruisers. But the deal breaker problem was the backup of cars waiting to check out. There were two aisles open and there were at least 25 cars in either line and still growing. And of course, all the unclaimed cars were down the aisle where you would have to try to cut in front of someone to get in the check out line.

I said to myself "no way" and went back into the terminal and walked over to the A side National pickup. Same excellent selection of vehicles as the B side including more PT Cruisers and vans (didn't see any SUV's here) but the best part was there was no one waiting to check out. So I picked out a Chevy Monte Carlo and headed out.

How does the A side vs. B side work? It has been a long tome since we flew into orlando. Does it depend which airline you are flying in on? I assume you can easily get from A to B if you need to?

There are 2 sides, A and B, see this website:

http://www.orlandoairports.net/goaa/ops/term.htm

In order to go from A to B (or vice versa) you would have to go from level 1 up to level 3, cross the floor to the other side and go back down to level 1 and out to the garage.

The airline gates are divided to the 2 sides and each side has 2 groups of gates, one on each end.

Thanks Debbie - the maps were very helpful to viusalize this. They also had a nice listing of the shops and restaurants.

Arrived 12/11/04 - Nothing on the Asile except Classics, Impalas, 1 Sebring and 1 Stratus. I picked a dark grey Impala which was loaded (leather and sunroof). It was great for the price. Total of 112.00 for 12/11 to 12/17. I can't complain! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter