What Happens With DVC Login After Sale

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
we sold our dvc, sent the contract back and we received the funds in less than 72 hours. if i login to my dvc account, i can still see all of my points, but i cannot check availability. when everything is done, what happens? will my account be locked, will everything just show 0 points or does it look like a real account, but i lose the ability to book and see rooms available?

If that is your only contract, once it is removed from you, then you won’t have access any longer.

It took my sold contract about 5 weeks to disappear. At first, it seemed locked for booking, but after a week, I could have used it if I was dishonest...lol

Now, if it is just a secondary contract, or membership, then it will just disappear from the dashboard.

It took my sold contract about 5 weeks to disappear. At first, it seemed locked for booking, but after a week, I could have used it if I was dishonest...lol

That is nuts. Not you, but the fact that you could and Disney did not lock it down.

Last edited:
That is nuts. Not you, but the fact that you could and Disney did not lock it down.
I understand the concern, but what is Disney’s liability in these scenarios? The same thing happens when you sell a house. Ownership hasn’t officially transferred until the documents have been filed. The previous owner could theoretically sell it again (also dishonest and probably illegal). The records from the sale would be proof enough to correct any malicious use of a sold contract. Plus, I’m sure Disney would retroactively cancel any reservation tied to a non-existent member. Probably nothing to dwell on.

I understand the concern, but what is Disney’s liability in these scenarios? The same thing happens when you sell a house. Ownership hasn’t officially transferred until the documents have been filed. The previous owner could theoretically sell it again (also dishonest and probably illegal). The records from the sale would be proof enough to correct any malicious use of a sold contract. Plus, I’m sure Disney would retroactively cancel any reservation tied to a non-existent member. Probably nothing to dwell on.

Ya I guess I don't understand what is nuts. Their task is just doing some transfer stuff they are not involved in the transaction directly. Your contract as a buyer should outline any costs on the seller if they were to use points from the account (if Disney didn't cancel the reservations).

I am not dwelling on anything. I just made a statement. Looks like perhaps you made it out to more than it was meant to be.

Which is probably why Some title companies do not release funds to sellers until things are loaded and accurate. In my case, I was paid right away.

Now, the contract I bought, the sellers didn’t get paid until I told them I could see the membership. Since I knew it was already 5 weeks, I told them I was okay with them sending the money before actual points were loaded.

The contracts will say that the seller has to pay the buyer if there are missing points when things transfer.

So, no liability on Disney.

My sellers didn't get their money until I confirmed the points were in my account. Which was almost 2 months after closing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter