what happens to points g

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
I banked our 2021 points into 2022 UY we have an aug UY (or it have been our 2022 points into 2023 I always get mixed with this

anyways our 7 month window to change is coming up--which probably be less points

so we might have a few left over
am I right to think that the extra would go into holding
also would it be worth it to try to rent it would be probably be around 10 to 15 points and I would have to have them rented by the end of july is this right

I did rent out points earlier this year so I know how that all works just wondering if it would be pay to try

thanks

Points are only put in holding if cancelled within 30 days of check-in. If the check-in date is in 7 months, than no, no points will go into holding.

However, you won't be able to bank leftover points, since that must be done 4 months prior to end of UY. And if the points are banked, they can't be banked again anyways.

Yes, I would try to rent or transfer leftover points. There are usually someone looking for small points still.

Good Luck!

Great3

Biggest thing is to forget about the calendar year and just think of UY.

Right now, you are in your 2021 UY as it started Aug 1st 2021 and ends July 31st 2022. those are the points you banked into your 2022 UY.

The trip you have booked is in that UY and so any banked points that don’t get used up when you switch, would need to be used by July 31st, 2023.

Biggest thing is to forget about the calendar year and just think of UY.

Right now, you are in your 2021 UY as it started Aug 1st 2021 and ends July 31st 2022. those are the points you banked into your 2022 UY.

The trip you have booked is in that UY and so any banked points that don’t get used up when you switch, would need to be used by July 31st, 2023.

If it's Aug. 2021 UY points that you banked into 20222 UY, than you have a long time to use them still before they expire. You can definitely rent them if you can't use them by July 31th next year 2023.

If these are Aug. 2020 UY points that you banked last year, than yes, they will expire at the end of July this year. Please take a look and clarify exactly which UY points did you banked (2020 or 2021 UY points). Like Sandisw, just think of Aug. 1st - July 31th as your year, don't think of calendar year.

Great3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter