What happens if its raining hard at CC??

sallymomo

Mouseketeer
Ok...so we will be cruising soon...and I looked at the 10 day forecast and next Tuesday it shows rain with thunderstorms. I am super bummed. For the past 6 months all I have dreamt of was sitting on the beach while my kids played :( NOt to mention my kids were looking forward to that as well.
So what happens if there are thunderstorms?? Are people not allowed to get off the boat in CC? Has anyone experienced this?? Why doesn't Disney just switch CC day with At Sea day if a situation like this arises?

We've been there in August and had a wonderful hard rain. I don't remeber thunder and lightening but the rain felt good in the August heat. It didn't seem to phase anyone! Hopefully it won't be a washout...more like a Florida passing Tstorm!

So what happens if there are thunderstorms?? Are people not allowed to get off the boat in CC? Has anyone experienced this??

We were there one time when there were thunderstorms and they made us all go under shelter at Cookies or somewhere else with a roof while there was lightening in the area. Those still on the ship were held on the ship until the storm went by.

Why doesn't Disney just switch CC day with At Sea day if a situation like this arises?

They have been known to switch the CC day if the weather is that bad.

Hope that helps and I hope you have a GREAT cruise!

We had a huge thunderstorm on CC when we were there in May 2006. We all stayed under cover at Cookies and waited about an hour for it to pass. Last August I thought we were going to have a repeat and we headed to Cookies to get a seat before it got crowded, but fortunately the storm avoided CC.

During our Sept. 2008 cruise, there was a hurricane in the region, so the order of our stops got rearanged. Since CC was the furthest stop and the storm had a chance of hitting there later in the week, we went there first, then stayed ahead of the storm.

While snorkling at CC, the skies got a little dark and they made everyone leave the snorkling area. We were pretty far out, so it took us 10-15 minutes to get back to shore. There never was any thunder/lightning, but it's good to know they don't wait until there is to start clearing the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter