What food do you miss?

figaro fries were awesome. and now Polynesian Chips have changed slightly. only a few types of chips now. wonton and tortilla, i think!

Fire roasted Piranha at the Coral Reef. It was an occasional daily special back in the old days before Coral Reef became all about the fish tank and restaurants were allowed to be creative.

The "unhealthy" buns for hot dogs and hamburgers.
I have not kept up with that have they gone back to the real ones or are they still using the healthy cardboard ones?

Speaking of hot dogs - the hotdog cart they used to have in Epcot and magic Kingdom.
It was not Disney until we had a hotdog from one of these two locations.

Breakfast at Tony's in the Magic Kingdom. I am not a fan of the lunch and dinner there, but the breakfast was very good.
They had a breakfast pizza that we really enjoyed.

Breakfast at Spoodles. This was one of the best and most reasonably priced breakfasts in the park.

Original Figaro Fries

Home-style Mac and Cheese from 50's Prime Time (1991 on the kids menu. It was baked with a cheese and bread crumb top)

Potato-Pasta kiosk from Sunshine Seasons (I loved the loaded baked potatoes and the pasta options with the different sauces)

I miss the Prime Rib and Chocolate Cream Cheese Buckle at Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner. Maybe it's just gone for "Free Dining". Prime Rib has been replaced with beef medallions and the new dessert is chocolate mousse and creme brulee.

I also miss the grilled turkey and cheesy potatoes at Ohana's.:cloud9:

Breakfast Lasagna from Crystal Palace.

Breakfast lasagna is still served at CP. :thumbsup2

When I was there in March, they told me they had stopped serving it... maybe it was a seasonal thing? But I was told by two cast members that they had stopped serving it "a couple months ago." Glad it's back!

I was at the Crystal Palace about a week ago and it isn't there. I went there twice and both times, they had replaced the Breakfast Lasagna with Pooh's Peach Casserole.

All these posts kinda messed with my head! I was excited that it was back for a bit. I LOVED that stuff! Without it, CP isn't the "must do" for us that it was before. That Peach casserole was just icky, IMO!

The fresh hot pretzels they used to sell in Germany at Epcot.

These were the real deal - fresh hot and buttery.

At some point they switched to the same generic pretzels you get everywhere on Disney property.

The chocolate cake they had in the Main Street Bakery some years back. They still have chocolate cake, but it is not the same. Also miss the French Toast loaf and breakfast at Tony's.

Back when The Land was sponsored by Kraft Foods there was a baked macaroni and cheese at Sunshine Seasons that was to die for! The last time I had it I was probably 5 years old and I still remember it :cloud9:

I think it started by obsession with mac & cheese :rotfl:

Fettuccine Alfredo's (and pretty much EVERYTHING) from Alfredo's

Guinness Beef Stew from the Rose & Crown

The dessert sampler from Chefs de France

The cheesy potatoes from Ohana

Grand Floridian Cafe use to sell the most sinful croissant at breakfast. It was stuffed with chocolate, cream cheese, and fruit and omg it was like a burst of amazing in your mouth. Sadly it is no longer on the menu :sad2:
I'm pretty sure I gained weight just looking at it.

Used to be an iced coffee drink you could get at The Fountain in Epcot...d-lish!

Also, at Enchanted Grove in MK there used to be a strawberry/vanilla swirl...would give anything to go back to those times...

I miss the "good" food. It seems like the food has gotten worse and worse over the last 4-5 years - ever since the Dining Plan became so popular.

I agree!

We went in 2007 and the food THEN was OUTSTANDING... we've been back every year but it gets more and more dissapointing each year. :sad2:

Elephant ears at the French pastry shop!! Palmiers, I think is the real name. My Mom would always grab a few to have as her late night/early next morning snack back at the hotel. The name is still on their menu boards on the walls, but they haven't made them in a few years.:confused3

I'd forgotten all about the Beaver Tails but they were great. My answer is the vegetarian curry at Rose and Crown. Also, a loooong time ago there was a dish similar to Crawfish Monique served at Bonfamilles. I loved it so much I learned to make it at home.

:)

I miss Bonfamille period! Stayed at PO for our anniversary back in 91. Had our anniversary dinner there. The Prime Rib was terrific also, and the atmosphere was nice...

Chocolate chip cookies that actually had chocolate in them. The last time we got a chocolate chip cookie sandwich at Sleepy Hollow in MK, we couldn't believe how much they've cut down on the chocolate in the cookies.

No doubt another victim of DDP since these are snacks on the plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter