What food do you miss?

I was going to say the hot dog egg rolls they use to sell near the Jungle Cruise (they were soooo good). But now that I've read here that they no longer serve the breakfast lasagna at Crystal Palace :-)sad2:), I have to go with that instead.

French Toast Loaf at MSB
Peanutbutter mouse brownie at Pecos Bills
Maui Potatos at Ohana
Wish PVH had anything besides that pizza
BBQ chicken quesidilla at WGPE (I dont see it on the menu on allears.net)

The Toll House cookies they used to sell at the Main Street Bakery. They came in a little paper sleeve and were always so soft and warm and delicious.

Also, the old Mickey bars were much better than the way they are now. (Side note, does anyone remember the Disney character popsicles they used to sell in grocery stores forever ago? The popsicles were actually in the shape of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, etc. They should bring those back, too!)

What do breakfast casserole at CP? What are they thinking? :confused3

The problem with this thread is there's so much food I never got to try since my first trip was in 2003 I haven't really missed all that much. But I have to say I do agree that making things 'healthier' is not a step in the right direction. I'm on vacation and walking more than 5 miles a day. I don't really care all that much about how healthy the food I eat there is. That's why I'm in a place that has a whole land devoted to fantasy. My reality is I watch what I eat daily. Who really wants to do that on vacation?

Definitely The Concourse Steakhouse
The Shrimp Wontons from Ohana
The Maui Potatoes from Ohana
The Chocolate Chip Cookies that used to come from sleepy hollow!

I get really tired of every long thread on the dining board becoming the oh things were so much better before the dining plan threads. Many of us love ddp. Disney loves it because the tables don't sit empty half the day. And the food is still good. I've been eating TS since 1985 and know that some things get worse, new things appear, and the cost ineffective are doomed. Grow up, accept reality and get on with your lives.

I was at the Crystal Palace about a week ago and it isn't there. I went there twice and both times, they had replaced the Breakfast Lasagna with Pooh's Peach Casserole.

Yeah, that's what was served in March. It was very good, but just not the same. There were 12 years between my 1st and 2nd Disney trips.. and when I found out we booked CP all I could remember was that breakfast lasagna. In '98, we actually made extra stops to CP just to eat it, and I was so excited for it when we went back in March! And then.... my mellow was harshed, so to speak, when I saw Pooh's Peach Casserole instead :lmao:

Good french fries!!!

I remember when all the counter services had different fries. One, I think ABC Commissary, had the crinkle cut ones. It was so fun to get different fries because at the time, I was travelling with a picky dd, so we pretty much ate the same thing all week long, lol. At least the fries would change.

That and the Beaver Tails.:sad1:

Seafood Nacho's at Narcoosee's. This was years back when they used to be open for lunch.

I get really tired of every long thread on the dining board becoming the oh things were so much better before the dining plan threads. Many of us love ddp. Disney loves it because the tables don't sit empty half the day. And the food is still good.

I totally agree!! We made 2 trips to WDW pre-DDP & only ate CS for lunch then went off-site for a cheaper dinner. Our last 3 trips have been on-site with DDP & we love it! I think the food is good & we have had very few complaints with the quality.

This is going back to the 70's and early 80's:

When Tony's was just The Town Square Cafe, they had the original Monte Cristo Sandwich - not quick service...it was the best there! They also had a dessert - Crepes Angelique (a wicked delicious concoction)

The Teriyaki burger at the Adventureland Veranda...it had a grilled slice of pineapple and the burger had a thick teriyaki glaze...absolute heaven!

they had the original Monte Cristo Sandwich

I had forgotten all about that! It was good. Also, remember the Chinese Restaurant in MGM (I forget the name)? That used to be a good place to eat too.

We've gone 6 times with DDP (2 of those with QS) and have made over 40 trips since just the late 80s - never stayed onsite before that, and we have eaten at almost every restaurant onsite - the ones we like multiple times - AND there is NO doubt that the dining experience is not what it once was, in part due to the difficulty getting into places. WDW is trying to maximize profits with this, that is irrefutable, but the overall experience has been diluted by DDP - that is also irrefutable

I get really tired of every long thread on the dining board becoming the oh things were so much better before the dining plan threads. Many of us love ddp. Disney loves it because the tables don't sit empty half the day. And the food is still good. I've been eating TS since 1985 and know that some things get worse, new things appear, and the cost ineffective are doomed. Grow up, accept reality and get on with your lives.

I love the QS dining plan, I have never used the regular dining plan, I don't like being tied down. This thread is not about how horrible the dining plan is. It is about foods that are missed. A few people have said how the dining plans have made the food become very generic and un-original. Which I agee with.

I miss the cookie monster dessert at Sci-Fi. It was awesome and huge and was ice cream and cookie goodness. The next time we went there I asked if they had it and they said no. I was disappointed but ordered something else that i cant remember now, i do remember that they gave it to me for free b/c they felt bad i missed the cookie monster.

I miss the strawberry shortcake made with a sweet biscuit at Liberty Tree. The version now is with pound cake. :sad1:

The stopped making it all together :sad2: That strawberry shortcake was my favorite! I was so disappointed in May when i found out they didn't have it anymore!

Foods I miss:
Samosas at the egg roll cart in adventure land
The vegetarian pot stickers with edamame at Artist Point

SleepyHollow had a ham and Swiss hot croissant thing that made a perfect park breakfast for a short time....ive heard the main street bakery serves something similar but there's no way im waiting in that line in the morning!

I "think" Pinocchios had a turkey panini that I " think" is now gone.....not sure on that one....

Edited to add: we'd run over to the Noodle Station to get Sriracha for the samosas...mmmmmmmm

Cosmic Rays in Tomorrow Land (MK) used to offer a steak sandwich and you could get mushrooms from the condiment bar to put on it. We couldn't find it the last time we were there.
Also in Future World/EPCOT, I miss the breakfast bakery items that used to be available at the Fountain View Cafe before it changed to all ice cream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter