What food do you miss?

Fettucine from Alfredo's :sad2:. Basically the whole restaurant...minestrone soup, salmon, wine :sad1::sad1::sad1:

There are two things that stick out for me that aren't around anymore:

At Jiko a few years back, I had these amazing braised lamb shanks served over cous cous. I can't remember if they were a special or just a seasonal item, but I've been back a couple times since, and they haven't been on the menu in any form. I tend to order different things depending on my mood (I'm not the kind of person who sticks to the same order in favorite restaurants), but I would definitely order that again.

The other, I know was a regular menu item, and quite a popular one from what I understand, and that's the catfish and cheese grits at Coral Reef. That was an amazing dish. I was told last time I was there that the chef pulled it because he wasn't able to get the same quality catfish he used to, so he didn't want to put out a dish not up to his standards. I can respect that. I just hope that he finds some good catfish again someday. I'd love to have it again, and I can't make it nearly as perfect as they can.

Too many: fresh hot cinnamon buns at the Land and the Tusker House..
Sweet potato pancakes at Boatwrights. Breakfast at Tony's, fajitas and ribeye steak at Crockett's Tavern, prime rib at King Stefan's, ...

Down with the dining plan!!!

French Toast Loaf from Main Street Bakery and the Chicken Sandwich from when Tusker House was a counter service restaurant.

I'm really disappointed at the menu changes that seem to have resulted from free dining. A couple of my favorites that are no longer available:
The salmon with pumpkin bread at Liberty Tree and the grilled poundcake for dessert.
Once of the best things I've ever eaten was the foie gras ravioli I had at Citrico's the first time I ever ate there.
It seems that the menus are getting very homogenized, and that's a shame because one of the most special things about a WDW vacation has always been the interesting dining opportunities.

The passion fruit cheesecake at O'Hana's, the maple bbq filet at Le Cellier and definitely figaro fries.

Yummy french toast loaf, the "real" school bread, thinking back to my disneyland days, real hot cocoa at breakfast, not instant icky stuff!

The 7 layer fudge cake at Main St Bakery. I used to bring tupperware w/ me so I could bring some home. OMG it was so GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

I know it's been a LOOOONNGGG time for this one, but I REALLY miss the old Mickey ice cream bars. I'm not a huge fan of the hard chocolate shell ( i know the old ones used to melt like crazy in the middle of the summer) But I liked that it was Mickey's face and it had vanilla AND chocolate ice cream. and with these new bars i seem to always drop a slap of chocolate onto my clothes at some point. Am I alone here? lol

I miss the wrap sandwiches they use to sell at the resturant where Crystal Palace is now. It was before wraps were popular and we loved those. I miss the whole resturant and have never been a fan of Crystal Palace.

Once at the Crystal Pallace for Dinner there was a Coconut Flan. OMG the most delicious dessert. I actually went back for seconds.

I know it's been a LOOOONNGGG time for this one, but I REALLY miss the old Mickey ice cream bars. I'm not a huge fan of the hard chocolate shell ( i know the old ones used to melt like crazy in the middle of the summer) But I liked that it was Mickey's face and it had vanilla AND chocolate ice cream. and with these new bars i seem to always drop a slap of chocolate onto my clothes at some point. Am I alone here? lol

Yup I miss that mickey bar it was the best!:sad2:

For me it's not necessarily any specific food, but I miss some of the restaurants:

The Tangaroa Terrace at the Poly
Adventureland Veranda and the MK
Fireworks Factory at Pleasure Island
Chef Mickey's at the Village Marketplace

or the changed formats:
King Stefan's, Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern at MK
The Good Turn at EPCOT

I don't know how long it's been gone, but I miss the Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Peanut Butter Sauce at the Yacht Club Galley. I had those for breakfast most mornings on my first trip to WDW, and really wish I had the recipe. I went there for a birthday breakfast a few years later, but they were gone, and I know I checked the kid's menu since that's where they were when I first had them.

I thought of two more things, both soups, that haven't been mentioned
1. The lamb and barley soup at Rose and Crown
2. The vegetable soup at Pure and Simple. I had an upset stomache one day, and I remember that was the only thing that I could comfortably eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter