What does everyone think of the new normal (covid related)

I just want to say I'm so sorry to hear about your family's situation :( This virus is just unfair :( :(

I don't think that person meant something bad by what they wrote. I'm not reading their interaction with you the same as you, I think. I don't think either of you are necessarily wrong but there seems to be a misunderstanding with what they were saying and how you read it or how they were saying and how it could be read. Troubles with talking on the internet I think. The person seems to just be talking about things we all talk about which is just how difficult it can be to figure out where this virus is coming from. I've been reading that spread is so wide in many places that contact tracing is too difficult to be used effectively which is just a shame! I hope the day gets better for us all! I need more :coffee: myself ::yes:: Back to the topic for me :flower1:

The problem with this day and age is being disrespectful and believing frankly dangerous things now gets excused and backed Especially if it goes along with their own beliefs. Like another poster said, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck lol.

Last edited:
The problem with this day and age is being disrespectful now gets excused and that is sad. Saying that I am being unintelligent and not only that, saying something I never even said and you excusing it, thinking you know someone elses thoughts also is disturbing and ugly. Why don't you admit that it goes against your beliefs and that's why you are doing it. I am so tired of idiocy and stupid people. Like another poster said, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.
I think there seems to be a misunderstanding going on. I never read that the person was saying you were being intelligent. Gosh I just don't know here. I'm afraid you're calling me disturbing and ugly and that's just not right at all. And even if it isn't to me but to another person it still doesn't make it right not at all.

I just joined here the other day. Another person said usually people are a lot friendlier. I thought maybe people were just stressed during this time but I'm really beginning to wonder. I guess I just stepped on a hornet's nest and I'm really sorry. I'm going to disengage now on this discussion because this isn't what I signed up for. The Christmas commercial thread is calling my name I think.

I think there seems to be a misunderstanding going on. I never read that the person was saying you were being intelligent. Gosh I just don't know here. I'm afraid you're calling me disturbing and ugly and that's just not right at all. And even if it isn't to me but to another person it still doesn't make it right not at all.

I just joined here the other day. Another person said usually people are a lot friendlier. I thought maybe people were just stressed during this time but I'm really beginning to wonder. I guess I just stepped on a hornet's nest and I'm really sorry. I'm going to disengage now on this discussion because this isn't what I signed up for. The Christmas commercial thread is calling my name I think.

I am sorry, I will take out the disturbing and ugly part which I said that that behavior is, not you. I would have hoped that you thought someone calling me unintelligent first also disturbing instead of saying it was not meant bad by them, but I guess not, which is my point, people back whatever as long as it goes along with their views. Maybe great idea to go into the Christmas thread :flower3:

Last edited:
We seem to be talking past each other I don't think my comments were visceral at all they were speaking on a practical level. I'm not arguing nor am I intending to argue but it appears at the moment anything I say in response to you is perceived to be one. I'm going to stop there because this seems to be an issue that cannot be discussed. I wish you and your family the best :flower3:

Thank you. I am sorry you are are not following or think we are talking past each other. My comments were also meant as practical. I was clearly letting you know that we believe this is likely based on an intelligent deduction of where they went and their recent behaviors of not having gone anywhere, and that tho not absolutely certain, we believe likely came from there. Not sure why you think this is a problem or don't understand, my point is very simple, so maybe we can end this. You actually jumped into another conversation and kind of took my conversation down another path so maybe why the confusion. I am well aware that no one really knows but I made simple point that we can deduce where and rule out and get intelligent ideas of what factors and places make Covid more dangerous. Going where large groups go is more dangerous and is something that is factual and we are told this, is not debatable at all, that was ALL I was trying to say. So lets just end the conversation. :flower3:

Last edited:
:eek: Well on that note

I don't like the idea that schools are in this limbo of in person, hybrid or virtual so I hope that doesn't stick around but I think people are onto something with the idea of snow days going away. Maybe what we knew them as will be different.

I like eating outside more than I used to, maybe some of these places will try to keep more permanent outdoor seating. Some places around here were spilling into sidewalks just to allow social distancing.

Oh oh I like keeping distance. I don't need 6 feet but it's nice that there's a bit of space more in the checkout area. I don't want to keep distance from my family, well most of them :tongue:

I think I'm going to follow @ArielFlounderSebastian357 and rejoin the Christmas commercial thread; save me some eggnog please!

sorry to be harsh, they you will miss out. Tech and the online digital world is the now, not the future. All of this was on the way, but the pandemic just accelerated it. You move with the flow or get left behind. Business right now are in survival mode and the customers they care about are the ones who embrace the technology.

So screw the elderly and those who can't use tech for whatever reason. Ok then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter