What do you think about this 2-resort stay...

clairelly

Mouseketeer
Hi

Would really appreciate thoughts on the following.....we have booked 2 weeks next August. The first week we will be staying in a villa we always use, and the second week we are going to be staying on site. I had in my mind to do 4 nights at the Grand Floridian and 3 nights at Royal Pacific.

Now I suddenly have in my head I want to stop at the Contemporary.

What does everyone think about 2 nights at the Contemporary and 2 nights at the Grand Floridian :confused3

There will only be myself, DH and DS 13 this year as our eldest 2 boys aren't coming for the first time.

Thanks everso.

:goodvibes

They're all beautiful resorts so as long as you don't mind all the moving about that sounds pretty good to me! :goodvibes

Plus, if you always use the villa, it might be nice to try out new places! Villas a great for privacy and everything and the atmosphere in disney resorts is great too! So you've kind of got the best of both worlds! :)

Take cost and hassle and everything into consideration, but if none of that's a problem, then go for it!
We're going two weeks in next August too :) Have a great trip!

I kind of think that's a lot of moving. You lose a day at the resort during a move (or part of one), so I'd try to narrow it down. Plus, you're looking at two resorts on the monorail. If it were two resorts in different areas (like one on the monorail and maybe the Boardwalk, or AKL, maybe that's a different story).

If the MK is your main focus, then one monorail resort would be my choice. Less packing up and moving.

I kind of think that's a lot of moving. You lose a day at the resort during a move (or part of one), so I'd try to narrow it down. Plus, you're looking at two resorts on the monorail. If it were two resorts in different areas (like one on the monorail and maybe the Boardwalk, or AKL, maybe that's a different story).

If the MK is your main focus, then one monorail resort would be my choice. Less packing up and moving.

I agree completely. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

I try to choose two resorts in different areas. Like one trip we did Poly and then AKL, and the last trip we did BWI and GF. That way we only lost one day in the middle of the trip each time, yet got to stay at two different areas.

I think a villa to CR then to GF and then onto Royal Pacific is an awful lot, especially at the end of a trip. :)

I would pick only one monorail resort for your stay of 4 days. Let your DS13 pick which one he wants to stay...:goodvibes

That's an awful lot of moving around - I agree with the PPs that mentioned if you were going to do that, maybe picking resorts in two completely different areas like GF and BC or GF and BWI - that would really give you a different vacation experience - but if it were me, I would just pick one and stay put.

I agree with tinkbyday. Do a split stay in two different areas of Disney. For October we are doing 3 nights at GF and 2 nights at BC. The best of both worlds! On our switchover day, we're doing a character breakfast at GF then leisurely work our way over to BC. If the room's not ready, we'll just store our luggage and go to the pool and/or go play mini-golf across the street. We'll just have an enjoy the hotel day! Lots to do! Have fun planning. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter